AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate tipping mechanic

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PandoraUnchained

Banhammered
Apr 12, 2020
I'm currently finishing my end year project for university about light sculpting (using light patterns emitted by a projector to animate drawings on a wall) and, in all modesty it looks way better then I suppose it would.

Now i want to bring to another level - create some lighting scultping in my room that would react to tipping on CB by moving or changing depending of the amount of the tip.

Through I meddled a bit with CB bots, I'm not extremely fluent in coding, and I'm a bit in the mist about where to start. I know that I'll probably have to hire a competent coder to create a program that would do a bit the the same as lovense - react to tips to modify the pattern played in AF on my computer. But I would like to try a DIY version to check if everything is working as intended and if it attract mems interest. Through I never found any guide about CB mode programming, and currently I'm just learning by studying bots made by other people.

Is there any place with technical information about CB bots, and CB related coding? The official wiki has barely no technical information.

As I understand these interfaces, CB bots are working on server side.

The js objects described in documentation are accessible only on server side, hence 'before constructing' the web page.
Also, the code can't exchange with the client's machine.
They can't help you to code a third party application in order to drive your projector with tips.

You need imo to observe how the page is constructed, inspecting the web page in your browser and then identify the chat box and directly parse tip messages.
It seems difficult to trigger events directly from tips :/
(or did I miss something cool there ?)

Your home made application can connect directly to the cb browser (connecting an anon user) or you may also code a Chrome plugin or a monkey script to do the thing, but I didn't try a lot... I only made few tests to check. Though, if you need to send messages in the chat, you may :
- or use a pluggin in chrome that can send messages in the name of the connected broadcaster (the way they proceed in Lovense plugin)
- or run another CB app or bot, coded in parallel only for these messages sent as 'notices', but this can't control your projector (the way other 'lovense' apps work ie)

Upvote 0
Yeah, i inspected it today - it seems difficult to trigger events from tips or notices.
I've though about doing it in the way that the old camtoys were made - reacting to tip sounds and assigning a bot that gives different sounds depending on the value of the tip (that exists in Bonga, should also exist on CB). Through that require to have a good mic to catch these sounds. And I'm not sure if that will work well.
So far i decided to make it simple and just trigger manually the light effect depending on the tip to have a first test.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.