AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate very unstable as of late?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
So I am sure a lot you've been experiencing the issues with huge delays and erors in chat lately.
In my experience it happens like once every month but this past week it's happened evern more often.

And even on days when it dosen't occur the performance has been so bad.
In the room that I usally go to I have to put the quality to the lowest setting to not experience lag.
Others are saying the same.

So are you guys having the same issues? I know it's not worth hoping for but any word from CB on this?

Yes, seems a little shaky lately at times. Seeing the spinning wheel more often and dropping offline. User list refresh slow to load. Error sending messages in chat/pvt messages.

Reactions: DogSauce
Upvote 0
I am not experiencing anything out of the ordinary or like what has been described above.

Sorry,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
This late afternoon was bad in several rooms that I visited.

"Chat disconnected. Chat connected. Chat disconnected. Chat connected. Chat disconnected. Chat connected." Over and over...

Guess maybe depends on what servers you happen to come in on and/or what server the room is on.

Upvote 0
This late afternoon was bad in several rooms that I visited.

"Chat disconnected. Chat connected. Chat disconnected. Chat connected. Chat disconnected. Chat connected." Over and over...

Guess maybe depends on what servers you happen to come in on and/or what server the room is on.
Ye I think you are right about that. And also what server the broadcaster is on versus where you are from I guess.
I just wish CB would adress it. Let us know if they were working on improvments

Upvote 0
CB has definitely been real unstable lately. I see it usually happening around 5PM EST for a couple hours before resolving. swear I saw it before resolving after a cloudfare check was started up. If I had to take a guess, I can imagine it something like possible a...
1.) a big and sudden traffic increase from people getting off work and hitting their servers
2.) a bunch of bots sending spam and traffic overloading their servers
3.) CB doing some development work, possibly doing a big deployment/release of things, which is affecting the site negatively.
4.) An error, like an uncaught process that was created from a previous deployment that is running amok, and CB hasn't diagnosed and fixed it / rolled it back / patched it. (The issues can sometimes be hard to find)

In my previous job as a site admin (to an already well-established site), the site wasn't coded that great from what I could gather. Parts of it would slow down at times (similar to CB) or freeze until the devs restarted everything.

Upvote 0
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We had hoped to avoid any service interruptions which had occurred as we enhanced our platform to prepare for a rollout of various new upcoming system features including offline messaging. We’re endeavoring to complete these enhancements in smaller increments to further minimize any further interruptions.

Upvote 0
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We had hoped to avoid any service interruptions which had occurred as we enhanced our platform to prepare for a rollout of various new upcoming system features including offline messaging. We’re endeavoring to complete these enhancements in smaller increments to further minimize any further interruptions.
Thank you so very much for clarifying this.
I can understand that these things affect your services.
But as some1 who works with IT I can't understand how Chaturbate dosen't communicate this better.

This affects so many people. Both models and visitors. And for many it's hard to tell if the issue is due to them or the site.
If possible it would be amazing to have status reports on things like this on twitter for example.

Upvote 0
But as some1 who works with IT I can't understand how Chaturbate dosen't communicate this better.
The same complaints are made about MFC (the other hugest token site on the web) but when it comes down to it, oftentimes sites don't want to bring unnecessary attention to the fact that they're going to be pushing changes which might bring site issues until it's a problem.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
And maintain it up to date :)
All indicators are the green there: https://status.chaturbate.com/#past-incidents
the last incident reported dates from December 20th

That's never right. I've seen times where there are big issues that affect most of Chaturbate for an extended time and it's still showing that everything is just peachy. I don't think that I've ever seen it where it's anything other than all green and the only time that I'm bothering to look is when there is some significant problem.

Reactions: DogSauce and DoD404
Upvote 0
The same complaints are made about MFC (the other hugest token site on the web) but when it comes down to it, oftentimes sites don't want to bring unnecessary attention to the fact that they're going to be pushing changes which might bring site issues until it's a problem.
For a public company I get that. But only if it goes smooth.
If these updates does cause issues with the site I see no good reasson not to aknowledge that.
Being transparent with such things builds trust.

And they could decide themselves just how public they'd want the announcement to be.
If they made a publication on the site that would be awesome but as I mentioned previousley a tweet would be enough for me.

Upvote 0
I knew you were making changes to the site I could see it happening the other day.

It would be really great if you could put up a little notice when you have finished making improvements so we are not all on tenderhooks worrying if broadcasting will be unpleasant because of the interruptions.

Upvote 0
To be fair just a little notification in the upper right (where it announces things for twitter and when you receive offline tips), just saying something brief such as "You may experience some performance issues between "XX and XX as we are upgrading our servers, sorry for any inconvenience". Something like this is simple and can be very helpful and avoid many problems and possibly even lots of messages to support. I am guessing a lot of people have contacted support, with the thinking that the connection is something on the mode; or user end, etc and looking for resolutions. Whereas knowing something like this can avoid it all.

But I definitely look forward to the upcoming features, so I (we?) appreciate the reply from you @punker barbie

Upvote 0
Hi, today I write 4 times on chaturbate, I see that I am not the only one who has a problem Chat disconnect Trying to reconnec.Ted I wrote to support a long email. So I hope he answers me differently.

Upvote 0
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We had hoped to avoid any service interruptions which had occurred as we enhanced our platform to prepare for a rollout of various new upcoming system features including offline messaging. We’re endeavoring to complete these enhancements in smaller increments to further minimize any further interruption

Hello @punker barbie \n (new line) has stopped behaving as expected on the Test Bed. This behavior shifted about 2-3 weeks ago, or right around the time users started to really complain about connectivity. I am curious if one of the resent changes to the main CB site has resulted in something being overlooked on the Test Bed?

Previous behavior... \n\nHello resulted in
Notice:
Notice: Hello

Current Test Bed behavior... \n\nHello results in
Notice: Hello

I have remained a strong proponent for Test Bed and Public Server unity over the past 2 years. I believe that if something functions on the Public Servers, then it should also function on the Test Bed. In the past, I have received warnings for being away from my cam, while alone in my room, with a password set to test code on the Public server (creepy!) To avoid future warnings, I spend all of my time writing/testing on the Test Bed servers. Sometimes I discover functionality differences that I strive to keep the CB staff aware of. My past efforts have resulted in the ability to create Grey Accounts, to test Anonymous tipping, and off-line (active stream not required) support of both cb.getRoomOwnerData(func) & cb.getRoomUsersData(func). Users who write code expect the results they get on the Test Bed to be 100% mirrored by the Public Server. \n has been supported for the entire time I have written code for CB and now behaves differently on the Public Server than on the Test Bed.

I have reported this to CB staff about 1 week ago, and have yet to receive a response. Now that I am aware of the current state of updates, the lack of response makes more sense. However, I do not want this to get over looked. Consistancy is key to providing a user experience free of frustration, be it as a broadcaster or a JavaScript coder.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Reactions: bbbbadddd
Upvote 0
uuhh good to know that is not because is something wrong with me/my stream/my internet/camera etc. I wish to have one full month without interruptions. I noticed that every time is new notification under our nickname in the right upper corner- i feel it on my stream :/ when cb change miniatures of streams in mainpage from bigger to smaller and then again from smaller to bigger, when they cant decide if put chat option also on full screen and then again delete that option- i feel it on my stream....
Really is im[possible to do updates on site and let us work normally without problems???
Cb will be always updating something- so will we suffer from it regularly????

Upvote 0
In the past, I have received warnings for being away from my cam, while alone in my room, with a password set to test code on the Public server (creepy!)
Same. That is creepy. Passworded room, not checked to be listed on the public servers, not a model account, nobody but me in the room. While testing some things for a friend's bio I get a nasty admin notice for being away from cam (actually covered). No idea why anyone would be looking at those cams.

They dinged me once while doing the same for drinking a beer while on cam. *sigh* lol

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
Yesterday I had terrible problems with connecting to servers in OBS. Maing fastest recomended didnt workking. It was showing that I cant connect to server (usualy main fastest recommended connecting me to Waw or Fra (im in Poland), so i tried Amsterdam- fps and bitrate were crazy-al the time dooooown, so switched to Alblasserdam-same. So i tried again Amsterdam and again: cant connect to server . Finally I chose Frankurt and it worked, but conected me to Amstrerdam! and bitrate were still jumping from 10 000 to 4 000. Its not my internet because my upload is 38 Mb,i have brio and new desktop computer and cpu using was only 8 % (and i always stream on this parameters). People were saying that they see me for moment and then black screen and again and again.Finally I lowered from HD+ 60 fps 10 000 bitrate to 30 fps, hd 5000 bitrate and was ok but from time to time again bitrate dropped. WrrrrrrrrAnd then i saw new window when u click user's name- bigger and new font..... And users of list showing in little different way. Thats why we cant work normally?Because that kind of things are changing? Uh....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.