AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chrome shutting down?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GothHostess

Cam Model
Aug 12, 2019
Slytherin Common Room
Twitter Username
@ItsGothHostess
I've had this happen four times in 24 hours now, I'll be in a long exclusive and right before I hit the 34 minute mark, Chrome closes for me and kicks me off Streamate entirely. I've asked the customers, a few said they reached their spending limit, so it makes sense why its ended, but I don't understand why I'm being kicked off! It's frustrating, because I like to save and download my privates, but they disappear once the browser closes. Has anyone had this happen, and were you able to fix it by changing browsers or anything?

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
That's weird. Have you checked to make sure chrome browser is updated?

Found this info from google help about your computer's antivirus may be doing it. Could be a windows update that affected it.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
Fuck chrome. Use firefox. It's a better browser.

Upvote 0
That's weird. Have you checked to make sure chrome browser is updated?

Found this info from google help about your computer's antivirus may be doing it. Could be a windows update that affected it.

Ah thank you!! As far as I know it's updated, but I'm going to look through the rest of this today before I go online, I suspect maybe/hopefully my antivirus is at play here and that it's an easy fix.

Fuck chrome. Use firefox. It's a better browser.

Ahaha yeah, my boyfriend has been saying that for years and I haven't listened, maybe it's time :haha:

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
For years Chrome has been my favorite browser, but just recently I've noticed that while I have the OBS encoder running + MyFreeCams model web broadcaster on Laptop A (Using Google Chrome), it's taking YouTube forever to load and play each song that's on my playlist...and it's been causing too many long, awkward pauses in between songs. This is while I also have Laptop B broadcasting ManyVids Live (Using Microsoft Edge), and MV Live and Edge will run perfectly fine. So now when I'm on cam on both sites on both laptops, I'm only using Microsoft Edge (on Laptop B) to run YouTube, and everything's all good.

I've also once had Laptop A (The one that had been running MFC, OBS, and YouTube on Google Chrome) freeze up on me while in the middle of camming, and I had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete reboot.

Upvote 0
Try uninstalling Chrome and make sure you install the newest version. It's also good to clear cache and cookies as often as possible as that way will run more smoothly. The other solution, as someone else mentioned in this thread, is to try Firefox and see how that one works for you.

Reactions: GoddessV
Upvote 0
For years Chrome has been my favorite browser, but just recently I've noticed that while I have the OBS encoder running + MyFreeCams model web broadcaster on Laptop A (Using Google Chrome), it's taking YouTube forever to load and play each song that's on my playlist...and it's been causing too many long, awkward pauses in between songs. This is while I also have Laptop B broadcasting ManyVids Live (Using Microsoft Edge), and MV Live and Edge will run perfectly fine. So now when I'm on cam on both sites on both laptops, I'm only using Microsoft Edge (on Laptop B) to run YouTube, and everything's all good.

I've also once had Laptop A (The one that had been running MFC, OBS, and YouTube on Google Chrome) freeze up on me while in the middle of camming, and I had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete reboot.
I have been having trouble with chrome handling stuff lately when I multistream. It is funny because 10+ years ago firefox was garbage and constantly crashed. Now chrome is becoming garbage! The new update last week crashed my phone repeatedly. Time to make the switch maybe . . .

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.