AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chubby: Better off on Streamate or MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2014
Streamate pays pennies but has great traffic and seems more welcoming to chubby girls, at least seems that way.

MFC seems considerably more elitist (I only ever find skinny girls there?) but has better payout.

I also like MFC's format, as I prefer to talk a lot and play games and have fun, but I'm worried I'll be totally not accepted there.

I know a lot of people's kneejerk comments will be "any girl can do it anywhere!!", but I am asking for bigger's girls actual experiences on either site. Im in a wierd spot, not big enough to be true BBW but not skinny enough to just be 'curvy'. At the moment I am just on Streamate and have been camming for a few days, going well so far I think nothing crazy.

thanks!

Would you rather make 35% of $100 or 50% of $10? for me, payout matters less than how much I actually make, so I'd choose the first one. But up to you, sometimes it does bug me that someone pays three times as much as I'd make.

I do think MFC is harder for chubby and BBW girls. In general I think if you're young, peppy, and girly, you can do well on MFC, regardless of size. But there are a lot less chubby/BBW models in the top on MFC than Streamate. Doesn't mean you can't make a living, I did just MFC for a while as a BBW and did fine. But I did better on Streamate, both financially and in ranking.

If I were you, I'd keep camming on Streamate and maybe plan some games and film some content before debuting on MFC. Then give MFC a solid effort for a month or two and see how it goes. For all models I think MFC works best if you really devote yourself to it.

Would you rather make 35% of $100 or 50% of $10?

Literally THIS.

MFC has a higher payout, but SM has more people who are there to pay.

I'm considered curvy but not quite BBW (Big butt mainly lol) and I'm much happier on streamate than MFC although that's more about what culture of the site I preferred over the other.

MFC=closer relationships with regulars, more consistancy is needed, more gimmicks/creativity
SM= No offline contact, no need for games or relying on regulars, you can broadcast whenever.

I love the fetish aspect of streamate (I have way more fun pretending to be a giantess or pretend I'm sitting on faces on SM than hustling a public show countdown on MFC lol) and feel that it's easier to find more guys who are into chubby girls that actually pay for it

Streamate doesn't pay pennies when you charge an arm and a leg
afd.jpg

Between the two, Streamate is far better. They cater to a more niche-focused audience and they have the traffic to back it.

If you're looking for a site that supports BBW, but has the feel of MFC (without the camscore though), I recommend Camsoda. They've been awesome to me.

I have said this before on here but it is worth repeating, be mindful of advertising yourself primarily as a BBW unless you want primarily niche clients. Some girls make bank of catering to feederism, fat fetishists, and the like. But you do limit your market if that's what you focus on. Your body size will automatically limit you a bit but not as much as your own marketing will.

My two all-time highest tippers are also high tippers of some very slim ladies. One pays big bucks to a very slim tattooed dominatrix but also to me, a nerdy BBW girl next door type. Not every member is looking for a checklist of qualities or one specific body type. Running a social room helped me learn that guys who like cute, friendly girls will often like a lot of different "types" that fit into that. So they might not click into a room that is focused primarily on fetishizing a fat body but if you're doing games, having a fun chat, etc then they'd come for that. And maybe they'd never search BBW but once they're there and they think you're fun and cute they'll stick around.

Does that make sense? I think both strategies can work well. But you don't *have* to be just a niche if you don't want to. Market yourself in a way that attracts the members you want and the kind of shows you want to do.

Streamate doesn't pay pennies when you charge an arm and a leg
View attachment 71313

abso-fucking-lutely! yes, it's only $0.35 per dollar paid by the member, but if you set your prices up nicely, you could easily make $1/min or more as you build up your reputation and get some regulars and up your placement.

as far as being chubby goes, i love being a chubby girl on SM. i don't advertise myself as a BBW, but a lot of my customers love my chubs. and hell, i love my chubs so i'm always shaking them and rubbing them. i make more as a chubby black girl on SM than i did on MFC.

My two all-time highest tippers are also high tippers of some very slim ladies. One pays big bucks to a very slim tattooed dominatrix but also to me, a nerdy BBW girl next door type. Not every member is looking for a checklist of qualities or one specific body type. Running a social room helped me learn that guys who like cute, friendly girls will often like a lot of different "types" that fit into that. .

I agree with this, I'm getting into starting again on chaturbate but when I first started about 7 months ago guys were very wow'd by the quality of how well my makeup was, how nerdy I was, that my room was fun cause I was listening to J-pop and eating japanese snacks. I thought it'd be really difficult for me being plus-size but they liked how funny I was and nerdy. Although I got some fat fetish guys but not a whole lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen and KarlaKaress
This is super helpful info. I've been doing MFC for about 9 months and I'm about tapped out there.

Reactions: Gen
This is interesting to me, I actually just learned about SM. I started camming maybe 3 weeks ago so I'm so newbie it's silly but I've tried MFC, Chaturbate, and Jasmin. Jasmin of course is tooo "professional" and like not comforting for a newbie so that was my mistake. Chaturbate seems.... dirtier? I just don't feel as comfortable being on there as I do MFC and I feel MFC's system is so much easier to use than Chaturbate but now I'm seeing so much about SM and I'm curious about it.

My first two weeks on MFC and I've made almost $400, which I feel isn't bad for a new model (maybe but what do I know lol) and I just love the atmosphere there but now I'm wondering if I should give SM a go. Maybe make schedule and do both on certain days? I don't work so I have all day pretty much everyday. I MFC during the day some now but mostly 11pm-2am so maybe it would be worth a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.