AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Clips

• Thread starter Deleted member 55529
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 55529

Hello. So I started recording clips and I just improvise randomly, how do you organize your clips and how long do you recommend? I try to do at least 5 minutes. I'm on ManyVids and doing mostly vanilla / sweet girl.

Organizing your clips on the site, on your computer/laptop or organizing your ideas?

For organizing them on my clip sites.... I don't. I know some people will move their top sellers to the top of their MV Store to give them more exposure, but it's not something I do.

For organizing clips on my laptop, again... I don't. Well, not really. However, a good way to keep your clips organized is to name the file as the date you either created or posted it. I do keep a wordpad file for each month with the clip descriptions for the clips I posted that month. Also, I usually transfer all my already uploaded files over to a flash drive so I don't have them clogging up my laptop.

For organizing clips ideas, this is something I definitely do. I keep a journal with any and all clip ideas that pop into my head. I've had the same journal for over two years and I have hundreds of ideas written down in it. I'll periodically go through it and check off any ideas that I've since filmed. If I'm not near my journal and I get an idea, I'll write it down in a note that I have on my phone and transfer those ideas over to my journal whenever I can. I definitely recommend doing this if you plan on doing clips that have any sort of storyline.

For clip length, that's really up to you. My videos range anywhere from 20-40 minutes. I very seldom make videos that are less than 20 minutes. This has worked out well for me, and I make a lot more sales now than I did when I was making shorter films when I first started out making clips. But, I get not everyone wants to do that. It also depends a lot on what type of content you're planning on doing. Pretty much all of my videos focus more on plot and dialogue than just straight up physical stuff, and it's hard to tell an immersive story in five minutes (at least for me). If you're focusing more on just straight up physical stuff, I'd say shorter videos can work out well.

You also have to think of what sort of clientele you're looking to cater to. Some people want long, drawn out videos and other people want short, sweet and to the point videos. The guys who want the longer videos are generally willing to pay extra, while most guys who want shorter videos aren't looking to spend $20+ on a video (not saying all members aren't willing to pay more for shorter videos, but usually the ones who are willing to pay more are regulars). Both of these clientele can be profitable, but with the shorter time and less expensive videos, you'll have to have much more paying traffic to make up for the lower price. Which is totally possible to do, but usually requires more work with advertising.

Organizing your clips on the site, on your computer/laptop or organizing your ideas?

For organizing them on my clip sites.... I don't. I know some people will move their top sellers to the top of their MV Store to give them more exposure, but it's not something I do.

For organizing clips on my laptop, again... I don't. Well, not really. However, a good way to keep your clips organized is to name the file as the date you either created or posted it. I do keep a wordpad file for each month with the clip descriptions for the clips I posted that month. Also, I usually transfer all my already uploaded files over to a flash drive so I don't have them clogging up my laptop.

For organizing clips ideas, this is something I definitely do. I keep a journal with any and all clip ideas that pop into my head. I've had the same journal for over two years and I have hundreds of ideas written down in it. I'll periodically go through it and check off any ideas that I've since filmed. If I'm not near my journal and I get an idea, I'll write it down in a note that I have on my phone and transfer those ideas over to my journal whenever I can. I definitely recommend doing this if you plan on doing clips that have any sort of storyline.

For clip length, that's really up to you. My videos range anywhere from 20-40 minutes. I very seldom make videos that are less than 20 minutes. This has worked out well for me, and I make a lot more sales now than I did when I was making shorter films when I first started out making clips. But, I get not everyone wants to do that. It also depends a lot on what type of content you're planning on doing. Pretty much all of my videos focus more on plot and dialogue than just straight up physical stuff, and it's hard to tell an immersive story in five minutes (at least for me). If you're focusing more on just straight up physical stuff, I'd say shorter videos can work out well.

You also have to think of what sort of clientele you're looking to cater to. Some people want long, drawn out videos and other people want short, sweet and to the point videos. The guys who want the longer videos are generally willing to pay extra, while most guys who want shorter videos aren't looking to spend $20+ on a video (not saying all members aren't willing to pay more for shorter videos, but usually the ones who are willing to pay more are regulars). Both of these clientele can be profitable, but with the shorter time and less expensive videos, you'll have to have much more paying traffic to make up for the lower price. Which is totally possible to do, but usually requires more work with advertising.
i do vanilla stuff because i have a sweet face. I'm on manyvids. I'm trying to check if it's worth the value of the time. i saw a lot of accounts with long videos.

i do vanilla stuff because i have a sweet face. I'm on manyvids. I'm trying to check if it's worth the value of the time. i saw a lot of accounts with long videos.

Vanilla stuff can mean a lot of things. You can do vanilla stuff and still have a plot to it. Or it can be just straight up physical. If that's what you're comfortable with and what is profitable for you, then that's good. But, I will say, just because you look a certain way doesn't mean you have to box yourself into one specific category. I do everything from vanilla, to fetish, to femdom and do well in multiple, vastly different subcategories of those larger categories.

You won't know for sure if it's worth your time until you actually try it. ManyVids is my main site and I do well on there. I think if you put in the work to make creative, well thought out clips, it can be profitable. The traffic is definitely there and people are definitely making money on ManyVids. But in the end, it's up to you what kind of content you want to put out and how long you want to make your videos and what sites you want to post that content on.

Also, I would like to say for anyone reading this who actually genuinely wants to get into clip making, put your clips on more than one site. You're doing yourself a disservice by only posting on ManyVids. Take the time to post the same clips to Clips4Sale, iWantClips and MFC Share. It's worth trying, and it's always best to not put all your eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
I use google docs to keep track of video ideas, a spreadsheet for ideas, and then a google word doc that contains the general idea of the plot (a little more fleshed out than what's on the spreadsheet), I don't really spend time organizing the order on mv, but I might go through and shuffle them when I have new previews and thumbnails made. For local organization, I have folders for the un edited footage, then each video gets its own 'in editing' folder that contains any other assets I might need, sound effects, extra audio files or graphics, etc, then when they are completed they get saved to a "completed video" folder, but this is going to change soon as I find it hard to keep track of what's been uploaded and what hasn't so in the future I will set up a database that stores all the video information, title, file location, description, price, categories, tags, trailer location, and thumbnail location and weather its been uploaded (and where it was uploaded) or not.

My videos are anywhere from 2 minutes to over an hour. Just depends what I'm doing. I will echo that the longer videos tend to sell better, so as long as I have the energy, I try to make my videos at least 8 minutes long. If I can go above 15 minutes, that's even better.

As for organization, I use trello, google sheets, and dropbox. I keep my videos on a hard drive while they're still being edited/uploaded, but after they're uploaded everywhere, I move them to an archive on dropbox. They're easy to access if I need them, but they aren't taking up hard drive space.

I have a spreadsheet on google sheets that I use to keep track of all my videos and sales. I update it every morning with the previous day's sales, and add new videos to the list whenever I edit them. This tells me which categories are working for me so that I can focus on those. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend doing a variety of videos and seeing what sells best for you.

As for organizing video ideas and keeping track of where I am in the filming/editing/uploading process for my current videos, I use a trello board.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 9.35.46 AM.png

The far left list has video ideas. I just throw things on that list as they pop into my head.

The "to create" list has videos that I know for sure I'd like to make in the next few weeks, and any custom videos that I need to do. I use the due date feature to schedule when I'll film each one to make sure I have no more than 3 videos to film per filming day.

After it's filmed, I move the card to the "to edit" list and the trello board auto-populates the card with a to do list of things I need to do to edit/upload the video (watermark it, add the title to video tracker spreadsheet, etc.) After that, I move it to either the "completed except for OF" list if I'm planning to send as a ppv on OF in the future, or to the "clean up" list, where it again auto-populates with a to do list, reminding me to archive the video etc.

Videos live on the clean up list until their post date has passed so that I can click on the trello calendar and see my future video schedule laid out. This makes scheduling videos easier so I have a nice distribution of them instead of accidentally posting a bunch of videos all at once.

I've also recently started numbering my videos starting at 0001. I make sure to put that number in the file names of anything related to that video so I can search my laptop for "0023" and easily find the video, thumbnail, and previews associated with video 0023. It's also useful for the video tracker spreadsheet.

This is kind of an elaborate, nerdy, data-heavy video management system, but it helps me keep everything organized and use my time efficiently to create videos that will sell well. I'm always tweaking it to try to find things that work better for me. It's probably a lot more than you were looking for, but hopefully you find some useful information in all of this.

My videos are anywhere from 2 minutes to over an hour. Just depends what I'm doing. I will echo that the longer videos tend to sell better, so as long as I have the energy, I try to make my videos at least 8 minutes long. If I can go above 15 minutes, that's even better.

As for organization, I use trello, google sheets, and dropbox. I keep my videos on a hard drive while they're still being edited/uploaded, but after they're uploaded everywhere, I move them to an archive on dropbox. They're easy to access if I need them, but they aren't taking up hard drive space.

I have a spreadsheet on google sheets that I use to keep track of all my videos and sales. I update it every morning with the previous day's sales, and add new videos to the list whenever I edit them. This tells me which categories are working for me so that I can focus on those. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend doing a variety of videos and seeing what sells best for you.

As for organizing video ideas and keeping track of where I am in the filming/editing/uploading process for my current videos, I use a trello board.

The far left list has video ideas. I just throw things on that list as they pop into my head.

The "to create" list has videos that I know for sure I'd like to make in the next few weeks, and any custom videos that I need to do. I use the due date feature to schedule when I'll film each one to make sure I have no more than 3 videos to film per filming day.

After it's filmed, I move the card to the "to edit" list and the trello board auto-populates the card with a to do list of things I need to do to edit/upload the video (watermark it, add the title to video tracker spreadsheet, etc.) After that, I move it to either the "completed except for OF" list if I'm planning to send as a ppv on OF in the future, or to the "clean up" list, where it again auto-populates with a to do list, reminding me to archive the video etc.

Videos live on the clean up list until their post date has passed so that I can click on the trello calendar and see my future video schedule laid out. This makes scheduling videos easier so I have a nice distribution of them instead of accidentally posting a bunch of videos all at once.

I've also recently started numbering my videos starting at 0001. I make sure to put that number in the file names of anything related to that video so I can search my laptop for "0023" and easily find the video, thumbnail, and previews associated with video 0023. It's also useful for the video tracker spreadsheet.

This is kind of an elaborate, nerdy, data-heavy video management system, but it helps me keep everything organized and use my time efficiently to create videos that will sell well. I'm always tweaking it to try to find things that work better for me. It's probably a lot more than you were looking for, but hopefully you find some useful information in all of this.

Thanks for the Trello idea! I'm going to start using this for video ideas. I never liked using excel for it, and keeping them in a notebook hasn't been helpful for me. This will work great though. :)

Reactions: veggiebabyy
Status
Not open for further replies.