AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Codemiko Full Body Tracking

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2012
NY
code_miko.png

I think Codemiko is the first twitch streamer to use professional full body motion capture tracking, in combination with the unreal game engine. Seems like the model was made using pro tools like: zbrush, substance painter. One of the cleaver things she did was make the model with similar portions to her own body, which allows for more natural motion capture.

It seems very similar to what Nija Theory did for Hellblade. (3:43 in)

It will be interesting to see what people do with this tech. :D And if any one gets 3Lateral level of face scans.

Really interesting tech. Since ProjektMelody is a thing (and afaik rather successful as more than a novelty), I wouldn't be surprised if there will be more 'virtual cam rooms' utilizing the motion tracking technology as it becomes more accessible and developed. The benefits are pretty clear I'd say...

1. Significantly more anonymity. There's no risk of accidentally showing one's face, a tattoo getting recognized, someone in the hometown recognizing your room, etc.. There's less of the personal feelings to settle through since, heck, one can be fully clothed and such. The only thing to recognize the person would be the voice, and that's hard to pinpoint someone on. Plus, I imagine it would also make it harder for the stalker/crazy types to track the model down.

2. If one doesn't feel confident in their body for whatever reason, they can basically adjust it to their choosing. There are some unique things that are impossible to replicate in reality. 'Changing bodies' for someone's fantasy character in private, adjusting one's proportions to match the ideal, jiggle physics (lol), and so on...

3. People pay top dollar for this stuff. Never underestimate the weebs of the world. There is a reason Hololive is a thing, and there is a reason ProjektMelody is successful. I can all but assume there is an untapped market of people who mainly get off using 2D/3D Hentai that aren't really interested in realistic model cams. As the tracking / animation gets better and better, this is going to attract more and more of the market.

Somewhere down the road, I really wouldn't be surprised if there becomes a competitor to the big cam sites that is catered towards exclusively virtual cam models.

Really interesting tech. Since ProjektMelody is a thing (and afaik rather successful as more than a novelty), I wouldn't be surprised if there will be more 'virtual cam rooms' utilizing the motion tracking technology as it becomes more accessible and developed. The benefits are pretty clear I'd say...

1. Significantly more anonymity. There's no risk of accidentally showing one's face, a tattoo getting recognized, someone in the hometown recognizing your room, etc.. There's less of the personal feelings to settle through since, heck, one can be fully clothed and such. The only thing to recognize the person would be the voice, and that's hard to pinpoint someone on. Plus, I imagine it would also make it harder for the stalker/crazy types to track the model down.

2. If one doesn't feel confident in their body for whatever reason, they can basically adjust it to their choosing. There are some unique things that are impossible to replicate in reality. 'Changing bodies' for someone's fantasy character in private, adjusting one's proportions to match the ideal, jiggle physics (lol), and so on...

3. People pay top dollar for this stuff. Never underestimate the weebs of the world. There is a reason Hololive is a thing, and there is a reason ProjektMelody is successful. I can all but assume there is an untapped market of people who mainly get off using 2D/3D Hentai that aren't really interested in realistic model cams. As the tracking / animation gets better and better, this is going to attract more and more of the market.

Somewhere down the road, I really wouldn't be surprised if there becomes a competitor to the big cam sites that is catered towards exclusively virtual cam models.

Projektmelody isn't the only one I know i've seen at least 2 others of CB but they wherent popular at all.

Reactions: romanholiday
Projektmelody isn't the only one I know i've seen at least 2 others of CB but they wherent popular at all.
Ahh I stand corrected then! In that case, I could very well be speaking out of my ass. :giggle:

She allegedly got a 50% discount and paid 13k for the suit. The required software costs an extra 10k per year. She paid 23K upfront for the suit. A new cammodel will not be able to afford that. Studios can afford it so we very well could see an increase of studio cammodels using this new gimmick. Cammodels who have been in the industry for awhile can also possibly afford it, but the reason why they can afford it is because they have cultivated a base of people who like them and would be turned off by a fake them. Of course, one could always cam regularly and use it as a side hustle. Being one of the first to tap into this previously untapped market could be very good and if someone has the funds to take the risk, I feel they definitely should.

While there are people who are into it, I feel that a real live person will always do better than a created animated character. The technology to fully capture live the little facial expressions, flushing on the chest/cheeks, sensual movements, etc is just not there yet. Tech moves fast so perhaps it will get there within 5-10 years. Even still, there will always be the majority of people who are more into a realistic fantasy than an unrealistic one. That is, until we've desensitized ourselves to what a real person looks like and "avatars" become the norm instead of human flesh. That won't happen for many many years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.