AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Connection Problems on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah so it isn't just me, then! Well 3 days ago I had problems with my OBS, it kept dropping frames so I updated my NVIDIA driver. All was good the next day and then yesterday, randomly, OBS would disconnect even with 2500kbps. So I googled the issue and found that I could change the settings so that obs was running on my computer's hardware instead of software. This certainly helped and it got disconnected just once after that instead of multiple times.
Here's the link to the article I used: https://streamshark.io/obs-guide/enabling-hardware-encoding

Reactions: princesspeaches666
Upvote 0
I'm not a model and not really a frequent user on CB, but those things happen regularly for me and without warning.
My theory is that the connection briefly drops on the user's or the model's end, but it's just a hunch. Is your Mac connected with WiFi instead of a network cable? Cable is the better option for connection stability ...
  • Disconnecting and reconnecting chats. If you had any PMs going on, the messages and the ability to PM the model disappear.
  • Public chat messages randomly disappearing into the void, leaving only an error message that the message could not be sent.
  • "Model has left/entered the room" messages.
  • Stream picture freezing until you reload the page. Sound and chat is okay when this happens.
  • Privates ending for no apparent reason. The model is notified that the user has ended the private and whatever went on in private at that moment is now streamed in public. The text overlay on the stream says the model is in a private show, but that's obviously not correct. Any recording of the private show ends exactly when the model is notified about the user leaving it.
The latter is quite annoying for the model, because she is nude only in private. And yes, I only do privates with one specific model.

Upvote 0
There are only 2 options:
(1) Your/client's network
(2) The CB server

It's very unlikely for the CB server to overload due to high traffic, so I guess someones network.

Reactions: princesspeaches666
Upvote 0
I've had the disconnect/reconnect happen twice to me in the last week. I've got solid internet here with the max speed I can get. I've also seen this on other broadcaster pages when I've been viewing them. Two of the men I was viewing are what I consider full-time models and I would guess they have a strong Internet connection where they are broadcasting from. On their pages, the chat listed "chat disconnected then chat reconnected and it did this maybe a dozen times. They got it too (they got flustered) so it was not like I was connecting/disconnecting from them. I saw the same thing on my room's chat when I had the problem. I just sort of assumed CB occasionally had server issues, which I was a bit surprised to see. Goodness knows it could have been me, but I have been on CB multiple times per day for the past 7 weeks and never started seeing this until a few weeks ago. Does CB have occasional issues like this?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.