AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Converting talkers to tippers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaMinnow

Cam Model
Feb 15, 2020
PNW
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@NovaMinnow
MFC Username
NovaMinnow
Chaturbate Username
NovaMinnow
Hi everyone! I'm two weeks into streaming on chaturbate. I expected a drop after my new status wore off, and its definitely dropped 😅
The thing is I seem to have 'regulars' already, but they aren't tipping. There's multiple names I recognize that seem to watch every night, and there's 3 in particular that have come multiple nights in a row and seem to just want to chat. There's been some allusions to tipping or privates 'someday' but nothing for now. I don't mind chatting with them (they're nice and it gives me something to do) but obviously I also want to be making money. It's making me wonder if I've been too casual/not sexy enough? I met goals and went nude/cumshow my first week relatively quickly. Is there something I can change?
I guess my question is any tips for encouraging tips? And what are the chances of these guys following through on that someday?

I used to flat out ask them why they haven't tipped me, and don't they appreciate the shows? If they don't shape up, stop giving the talking freeloaders attention. they are on a paysite and it's ignorant to assume a verified model is there for anything else but to earn money. I understand not everybody has the funds to be dropping for privates and carrying shows, but if a member can't drop like 25 tokens or $2, then they don't need to be in my room chatting me up.

You time is valuable, and you chatting with nontippers could possibly sabotage yourself with paying members.

You should take a look at your bio. I haven't been in your room but the way your bio is written implies anything even remotely sexual need to be hidden. You have to be sell SOMETHING at all times because you can't live off the charity when member's just toss token, 'just because'. If you are open to sexual things in your room you need to keep a certain level of atmosphere so people that want to take it further have an idea what they can expect. You have no pictures of yourself, no pictures of sexy outfits or any activities. I can't tell if your nude or non-nude reducing this confusion will help. Make sure the non-tippers at the very least don't get you into personal or energy draining conversations. If I came into a room talking about dogs and vets or bills I would be out as fast as I got there. People don't pay for twitch chat and the very least make sure your doing something that you couldn't do on twitch.

Hi everyone! I'm two weeks into streaming on chaturbate. I expected a drop after my new status wore off, and its definitely dropped 😅
The thing is I seem to have 'regulars' already, but they aren't tipping. There's multiple names I recognize that seem to watch every night, and there's 3 in particular that have come multiple nights in a row and seem to just want to chat. There's been some allusions to tipping or privates 'someday' but nothing for now. I don't mind chatting with them (they're nice and it gives me something to do) but obviously I also want to be making money. It's making me wonder if I've been too casual/not sexy enough? I met goals and went nude/cumshow my first week relatively quickly. Is there something I can change?
I guess my question is any tips for encouraging tips? And what are the chances of these guys following through on that someday?
You see tons of girls come in here and complain about nobody even talking back to them when they stream so consider the fact that you have a chatty audience a definite advantage. There are many ways to contribute to the success of a show. The best members will tip and talk and keep the spirit high, there will be members who only tip and those are great, but don’t underestimate the value of the members who chat and don’t tip. They keep the room alive by giving you the chance to be entertaining, keeping a sense of community in your room which is SO important on a token site and some of them might eventually become tippers down the line too. The thing you need to monitor is the type of conversation they are making and their attitude. A chatter who doesn’t tip should always:

1) Be friendly to you and to other members
2) Never and I mean NEVER asking anything of you. Especially sexy stuff but also attention.
3) Be funny or smart or interesting or hopefully a mix of all of the above.

You also need to monitor yourself. Don’t get engrossed in conversation with them.. just let them be a presence that keeps your room happy and warm

I think I've been overthinking this and maybe a bit too nice with letting the conversations take over/run way off topic and distract from the show part. I definitely appreciate having them chat at all though! I took a break to figure out what I want my shows to look like from now on and tried it last night and I feel a lot better about it today.
Thank you all for your input!

I used to flat out ask them why they haven't tipped me, and don't they appreciate the shows? If they don't shape up, stop giving the talking freeloaders attention. they are on a paysite and it's ignorant to assume a verified model is there for anything else but to earn money. I understand not everybody has the funds to be dropping for privates and carrying shows, but if a member can't drop like 25 tokens or $2, then they don't need to be in my room chatting me up.

You time is valuable, and you chatting with nontippers could possibly sabotage yourself with paying members.
I really need to shape up to this this is a big problem and fault of mine because I get bored easily with only a few in the room

You should take a look at your bio. I haven't been in your room but the way your bio is written implies anything even remotely sexual need to be hidden. You have to be sell SOMETHING at all times because you can't live off the charity when member's just toss token, 'just because'. If you are open to sexual things in your room you need to keep a certain level of atmosphere so people that want to take it further have an idea what they can expect. You have no pictures of yourself, no pictures of sexy outfits or any activities. I can't tell if your nude or non-nude reducing this confusion will help. Make sure the non-tippers at the very least don't get you into personal or energy draining conversations. If I came into a room talking about dogs and vets or bills I would be out as fast as I got there. People don't pay for twitch chat and the very least make sure your doing something that you couldn't do on twitch.
Could you elaborate on this a little bit more? I'd love to hear your input on "you have to sell SOMETHING at all times". Ive been struggling lately with this.

I’m both a chatter and a tipper. Many of the things you brought up, I think about often. Here is my take (and I know all people are different, and maybe I’m not typical).

— I’m on cb and I am always, always dark purple. It might as well be a bullseye. I get PMed within 30 seconds of entering a new room. I’m not complaining, I actually enjoy it because flirting/joking around is easily half the fun for me. I like it, and I’m relatively good at it.

— If I establish a fun rapport with the model, I’ll be back often, and will tip often. Sometimes I deliberately tip an amount that isn’t on the tip menu, because I feel like thanking the model for being fun and willing to flirt. (You won’t find flirting on many tip menus, but I value it, so I tip for it.)

— I am extremely mindful that models work for tips - not just MY tips. So if others are tipping, I stop chatting and either join the tipping, or let her work.

— Every model is different, just like every visitor is. Sometimes they don’t want to chat, which is fine, but I’m probably not coming back often. Sometimes they chat a LOT. I’ve found a few models whose personalities line up with mine, and it’s ALWAYS a blast visiting them. I tip everyone, but those models get the bulk of my tokens.

— I tip my regulars always, always, always. (It’s why I’m always dark purple.) But I do get your frustration because I see it all the time in the rooms I visit. I see the same purples in my regular’s rooms every show, and I swear sometimes they’re just hanging out waiting for someone else to tip so they don’t have to. Also - they’re purple, which makes it more annoying. They’re tipping SOMEONE well, yet they’re here in this room every night just lurking. Seems disrespectful.

— If I’m new to a model’s room, sometimes it takes me a few visits to decide if I want to stick around long term. But generally, if I’ve been in your room 1) for more than a few minutes, or 2) more than twice, I’m going to tip you something. Because something about you made me stay (or come back), and even if I don’t know what it is yet... that’s worth something, right? 😁

Sorry for the length. Told you I was a chatter. Ha.

I’m both a chatter and a tipper. Many of the things you brought up, I think about often. Here is my take (and I know all people are different, and maybe I’m not typical).

— I’m on cb and I am always, always dark purple. It might as well be a bullseye. I get PMed within 30 seconds of entering a new room. I’m not complaining, I actually enjoy it because flirting/joking around is easily half the fun for me. I like it, and I’m relatively good at it.

— If I establish a fun rapport with the model, I’ll be back often, and will tip often. Sometimes I deliberately tip an amount that isn’t on the tip menu, because I feel like thanking the model for being fun and willing to flirt. (You won’t find flirting on many tip menus, but I value it, so I tip for it.)

— I am extremely mindful that models work for tips - not just MY tips. So if others are tipping, I stop chatting and either join the tipping, or let her work.

— Every model is different, just like every visitor is. Sometimes they don’t want to chat, which is fine, but I’m probably not coming back often. Sometimes they chat a LOT. I’ve found a few models whose personalities line up with mine, and it’s ALWAYS a blast visiting them. I tip everyone, but those models get the bulk of my tokens.

— I tip my regulars always, always, always. (It’s why I’m always dark purple.) But I do get your frustration because I see it all the time in the rooms I visit. I see the same purples in my regular’s rooms every show, and I swear sometimes they’re just hanging out waiting for someone else to tip so they don’t have to. Also - they’re purple, which makes it more annoying. They’re tipping SOMEONE well, yet they’re here in this room every night just lurking. Seems disrespectful.

— If I’m new to a model’s room, sometimes it takes me a few visits to decide if I want to stick around long term. But generally, if I’ve been in your room 1) for more than a few minutes, or 2) more than twice, I’m going to tip you something. Because something about you made me stay (or come back), and even if I don’t know what it is yet... that’s worth something, right? 😁

Hey which factory do I gotta call to get the prototype? Thinking of building army of you xD

Love to read the point of view from a member, ty for take the time to answer!

Reactions: Smoothie

you are honestly the dream member!

And where can we find more like you ?!?!?

Reactions: Smoothie
I also usually ask them directly.
I don't work on a lot of free chat sites, but if somebody is taking a lot of my time with chatting without tipping, I began to answer him slowly and slowly. If he's a bit slow to understand I say him directly that i don't work for free and I can't spare my time on him while I have other tipping users.. Even if he's the only one in my room, I don't hide that I multistream so i can always pretend being busy elsewhere.

I have some degree of tolerance for those who chat in the main chat as it keep it alive, but zero for those who sent unsolicited PM on sites where it's possible. Chatting in PM is only for really old regulars or precisions about private shows, that's all.

This is something I've always struggled with, you can prob dig up old threads about me figuring this out lol.

A big thing I've learned is that even if you're chatting with someone, KEEP UP THE TEASE! Take breaks between talking to jiggle, dance / vibe, touch yourself etc.

It's easy to get distracted and sucked into conversation, but your job is to be there for everyone still. Keeping up the tease keeps the rest of the room still interested.

For ppl that like to ask a million questions, tell them you'd love to answer if they tip you, or ask in a tip note etc.

If someones getting really chatty and you're kinda "done" with them, just start ... quietly ignoring them. Don't reply to every single message of theirs. Ideally they'll start to get the message and simmer down or start tipping to get your attention again :)

The only ppl I let talk my face off without tipping are regulars, who just don't have tokens that day but have spent lots on me otherwise :)

Love this!!

Reactions: Pretty_11
I'm similar to @Smoothie in how I am with the models I visit. I've posted numerous times on how I typically tip in the moment or "just because" I enjoy the model's time and like to show appreciation. It's rare for me to venture into new rooms, so I tend to stick to the core models I've known for a while. In most cases, if it's a new model, I'll tip a few tokens even if I'm not planning to come back to her room. Most times, it's 5 tokens so I can sent a tip note of "Thank you, have a nice day" or the like.

Typically, I'm very active in most of the rooms as well. The more social a room is, the more I am. I don't mind talking in a busy room. But, I also don't like to be the only one talking since it seems like I may be taking a model's time and attention. So, I like to see others engaging in conversation as well. High energy rooms are very fun for me, whereas I know some prefer quiet rooms because they don't like to speak publicly. So, some do kind of just hang out.

My tipping styles vary depending on how the room is. Lately, it's been a mix of ninja tipping or public tips but hiding the amounts (This is on MFC, btw). I've gotten tired of a lot of the people who just hang out and don't contribute to the topic, so why should I give them a free show if I'm the only one tipping? Granted, hidden tips still count towards the goal. But, unless someone is keeping track of the countdown, they won't know how much I'm tipping. The ninja tips don't count, and if there's no movement in the room, all of my tipping goes this way.

When I log on, I usually have a set amount I'm planning to spend, and I'm perfectly happy tipping a model I regularly visit when it doesn't go towards a countdown. It lets her know that I appreciate her, her time, and want to support her even if it means no public show. When I tip, it's almost always with a tip note either saying something silly, or appreciative. Depending on the model, it might even be very provocative. Sometimes this turns into an inside joke between the model and I, and we tease/flirt with each other. Sometimes it helps to get others to tip. Sometimes I've had it where a model will PM me saying that she'd rather take it private for my eyes only before she logs off.

More to the point of converting people to tippers, I imagine it can be difficult. Usually, I've seen models start to focus their attention more to the regular tippers. Not saying to ignore the talking non-tippers, but not as much attention. Sometimes this has helped to convert people to tippers. In some cases it's turned into how rude a model can be because she doesn't give attention to everyone in the room. Personally, I think if someone's tipping, they should be shown more attention than those who aren't. Because the opposite may happen where your tippers get tired of being ignored and they leave. Definitely a fine line to walk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.