AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Copycats

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Germany
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@carmen_monroe94
Hi guys!
I wanted to ask you how I should deal with the situation. The point is that I work on a token site and that I have made my current show pretty extraordinary, as well as the whole area I stream in. There is a model there who copied my show/background almost 100% (the german area is very small and it is immediately noticeable when you are copied) I don't know how to deal with it now. Of course it is clear to me that everyone can and should do what they want, it just feels like shit when I am creative and try to do something different and then someone else imitates it completely. How do you deal with that?

Last edited:
Is it affecting your show or income? It's annoying but it happens but usually a bit here and a little bit from another model etc. I'd be pissed if they copied everything including tip menu. Only thing other models can't copy is you yourself. Adapt if it's causing issues with your income and block the model if you can. I know they could still see your room in incognito but it at least sends a message. I've had models copy me before but luckily, it's only made my show better overall when I changed it around a bit.

Sorry. Situation sucks.

Is it affecting your show or income? It's annoying but it happens but usually a bit here and a little bit from another model etc. I'd be pissed if they copied everything including tip menu. Only thing other models can't copy is you yourself. Adapt if it's causing issues with your income and block the model if you can. I know they could still see your room in incognito but it at least sends a message. I've had models copy me before but luckily, it's only made my show better overall when I changed it around a bit.

Sorry. Situation sucks.
Yeah sadly she copied almost everything + tip menu. Honestly it hurts because i would never do that to another model. I try to change it up a little, so it doesn't look exactly the same. that's really so stupid :( sadly Stripchat doesn‘t allow to block people you never interacted with:(

are you able to message the SC's support asking them to block for you?

Unfortunately, this happens. My best advice is to ignore it. No one can be you.. Even if someone else mentions something.. I would just play dumb and say I had never heard of her.. Or say something like "oh? I guess im not familiar with her but she sounds pretty cool if shes a lot like me haha" and then move on with what you are doing. It's frustrating and sucks that people do that kind of stuff but a couple things to remember in this or any other industry...
There is absolutely nothing completely original that exists.. Even the things you have created have been influenced by others and other things(even though it is very low to straight up copy someone and i get that for sure)

You are best served for both your own sanity and your own "brand" by just floating above it. People like that.. They tend not to last too long because they clearly lack creativity on their own and as one said earlier.. Only you can be you. Have confidence in that and just do your thing. There are plenty of people out there(models and members as well but IMO members are the ones who tend to stoke the fire by causing rivalries between models and sitting back and watching it unfold if you let them) who are going to try to trip you up or reroute your path.. Just stay on yours as you see fit and don't play into anyone elses crap.
Hopefully that doesnt come off as shitty or anything as it was only meant as advice.. Like I said.. I do understand how frustrating it can be and disappointing because of the work YOU put in.. But it will fall away.. And for your own sake and sanity.. Just let it fall away and focus on you the way you do.

That's such a shitty position to be in... as maddening as this is, unfortunately there are no moves open for you:

1) Confront the model about it privately? Not only will she not change her ways and will continue to copy your show, she will now have a grudge against you.
2) Speak about it publicly so others see how she copies from you? Members don't care, they really don't give 2 fucks but by speaking up you have now succeeded in alienating yourself from the model community: nobody will want to speak to you for fear of upsetting the copycat, or because they fear you will do the same to them.
3) You can ban them, but again, it doesn't work and it's too straight, the copycat will know you know and will hate you for it. I have found being straight about this issue will only bring you problems.

The only thing you can do about it is to try to understand why they do it and then to take your own revenge quietly. That's what I do nowadays anyway... I've dealt with this at least a dozen times. What do I do now? Some copycats do have space left for at least a detail of their own personality to creep in. Since they observe me so intently and watch all my streams what I do now is I take the single most salient aspect of their own room and blatantly copy it in mine. It's a message. It says: I see you. I know what you are doing. And fuck you very much. There was this russian camgirl who used to work in a studio but then went independent who would copy every thing I did. She had, however one detail of her own concoction: she had a lava lamp in her room and made a whole deal about it, to the point where members who tipped her 800 tokens would get a lava lamp icon next to their names. What did I do? I bought a lava lamp in the exact same color scheme as hers, put it in a prominent place in my room, and although her lava lamp was from what seemed to be AliExpress, I made it a point to get the original lava lamp even though it was over $100 because if you are going to spit on someone's face you better do it with Chanel lipstick. Then I spent about a month making fun of the lava lamp and what an obvious hard try choice it is to place one in your room. Did it work on getting her to stop copying my shit? No. Did I get enormous satisfaction doing it? Hell yes.

That's such a shitty position to be in... as maddening as this is, unfortunately there are no moves open for you:

1) Confront the model about it privately? Not only will she not change her ways and will continue to copy your show, she will now have a grudge against you.
2) Speak about it publicly so others see how she copies from you? Members don't care, they really don't give 2 fucks but by speaking up you have now succeeded in alienating yourself from the model community: nobody will want to speak to you for fear of upsetting the copycat, or because they fear you will do the same to them.
3) You can ban them, but again, it doesn't work and it's too straight, the copycat will know you know and will hate you for it. I have found being straight about this issue will only bring you problems.

The only thing you can do about it is to try to understand why they do it and then to take your own revenge quietly. That's what I do nowadays anyway... I've dealt with this at least a dozen times. What do I do now? Some copycats do have space left for at least a detail of their own personality to creep in. Since they observe me so intently and watch all my streams what I do now is I take the single most salient aspect of their own room and blatantly copy it in mine. It's a message. It says: I see you. I know what you are doing. And fuck you very much. There was this russian camgirl who used to work in a studio but then went independent who would copy every thing I did. She had, however one detail of her own concoction: she had a lava lamp in her room and made a whole deal about it, to the point where members who tipped her 800 tokens would get a lava lamp icon next to their names. What did I do? I bought a lava lamp in the exact same color scheme as hers, put it in a prominent place in my room, and although her lava lamp was from what seemed to be AliExpress, I made it a point to get the original lava lamp even though it was over $100 because if you are going to spit on someone's face you better do it with Chanel lipstick. Then I spent about a month making fun of the lava lamp and what an obvious hard try choice it is to place one in your room. Did it work on getting her to stop copying my shit? No. Did I get enormous satisfaction doing it? Hell yes.
Yeah i will not confront her with the copying. Yes, and unfortunately the members don't care if a show is completely copied from a model.

And on top of that, the model is also much better known than me, so she even stole from a smaller model, which I think is even worse.

I think the idea of copying the detail from the other model is very, very good.I will try it out tonight when I go live then I will try to copy a detail of her in the same way so that she at least knows that I have noticed and that I'm not stupid

Last edited:
Ugh . Had this happen to me... model pretended to be my friend just to basically make a carbon copy of my entire personality and get all of my advice. She copied me right down to my accent sometimes (which is bizarre) and then when I realized she was doing it , it was also kind of too late.

you just have to move on and keep being you. They can’t copy you forever . They can try but they’ll never BE YOU. ( she can’t sing , I can . I just make sure I sing all the time now lol)

So yesterday it escalated so far that she even copied my goal and then said I had copied HER. She then publicly badmouth me with one of her knights (he was also a knight in my room until he was constantly trying to ruin my mood). This knight also said that he despises me and my "shit".i just want peace and do my thing, unbelievable what some people are capable of

For your own sanity, try to not visit her room. I know that it's difficult because you want to see what's going on in there, but it's not healthy for you and will only bring you bad energy. I don't know how sites respond to models talking shit about other models, but if I ran a site, I wouldn't tolerate that shit. From a business perspective, negativity is bad for business and will cause people to spend less overall. Maybe talk to SC's support and send them clips of her talking bad about you (if you have them). Not saying that they will do anything (probably won't), but having a record for your own self can be really helpful in that it gives you a better sense of control. All you can do is try to control the things you can - yourself, your room, your show - and try to ignore what other people are doing and saying.

Hi guys!
I wanted to ask you how I should deal with the situation. The point is that I work on a token site and that I have made my current show pretty extraordinary, as well as the whole area I stream in. There is a model there who copied my show/background almost 100% (the german area is very small and it is immediately noticeable when you are copied) I don't know how to deal with it now. Of course it is clear to me that everyone can and should do what they want, it just feels like shit when I am creative and try to do something different and then someone else imitates it completely. How do you deal with that?
Whenever you're kicking ass and doing cool shit, copycats emerge. It happens. The good news is nobody will ever know where you'll be going or what you'll be doing next. I know it's annoying as FUCK but just don't pay attention to it. Blinders up and focus on making the most extraordinary experience ever for YOUR fans. Whenever I see shiz like this I just mute the other party on socials etc and get re-reminded to stay hyper focused on my own stuff. There's only one of you in the entire universe which makes you pretty fucking fantastic :h:

Whenever you're kicking ass and doing cool shit, copycats emerge. It happens. The good news is nobody will ever know where you'll be going or what you'll be doing next. I know it's annoying as FUCK but just don't pay attention to it. Blinders up and focus on making the most extraordinary experience ever for YOUR fans. Whenever I see shiz like this I just mute the other party on socials etc and get re-reminder to stay hyper focused on my own stuff. There's only one of you in the entire universe which makes you pretty fucking fantastic :h:
Also, is there a way you can block her from viewing your room? I would also consider blocking her in general. Sounds like bad vibes and toxicity and ain't nobody got time for that

Status
Not open for further replies.