AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cover Photo Repeatedly Removed??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarSkyBaby

Cam Model
Aug 28, 2017
West Coast, US
Twitter Username
@SugarSkyBaby
Tumblr Username
SugarSkyBaby
MFC Username
Sugarskybaby
Chaturbate Username
SugarSkyBaby
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000910643/sugarskybaby/
Username: Sugarskybaby

I've had my cover photo removed for "policy violations" 3 times now while I'm streaming, which kicks me off until I'm able to upload a new one. I tried 3 different photos, ALL have been removed. They've all been of me, are my own material, and contain no nudity. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now if EVERY image I upload is just going to be removed and disrupting my stream. Support won't even respond to me.

Update: It's been about 5 hours since my last try, I think I *might* be safe. I'm still really irritated though because it's not the image I wanted to use but every other effort has been rejected and I don't know *why* and support STILL hasn't gotten back to me. Even their chat support responds in "about a day" but it's now been over 24 hours since I first contacted them. They have time to manually check every person's cover photo but don't have time to respond to models with a specific reason their photos are being rejected?

Upvote 0
Update:
They finally emailed back, but I’m still confused about why a moderator would come into my camroom while I was streaming (I saw them enter and leave, and then I had a PM from them that my photo was rejected) to reject a photo that was apparently fine??
I’m afraid to upload the one I actually want now in case it happens again since apparently there are differing opinions of what is okay and what isn’t okay.

0621166D-376E-4197-B9E8-8B47EB3AE6F0.jpeg

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is relevant since I am a user, but I've recently had the large cover photo removed from my user profile on two separate occasions. They just went *poof* overnight. Both photos were taken by me and showed a mountain landscape. No people in it or anything. It doesn't matter much to me, so I never contacted support about it.

The only time I know a model had her cover/avatar photo removed ((she discussed it very briefly with me) was because it was copyrighted, didn't belong to her and had people fucking in it.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is relevant since I am a user, but I've recently had the large cover photo removed from my user profile on two separate occasions. They just went *poof* overnight. Both photos were taken by me and showed a mountain landscape. No people in it or anything. It doesn't matter much to me, so I never contacted support about it.

The only time I know a model had her cover/avatar photo removed ((she discussed it very briefly with me) was because it was copyrighted, didn't belong to her and had people fucking in it.
Yeah they also tried to tell me that Stripchat Moderators don’t need to come into your camroom to review photos, but they were definitely there right before I got kicked off stream. When I responded asking why else this would have happened, they responded to someone else’s ticket in my email. 😐
Who knows wtf is actually going on there, and I’m now honestly a bit concerned about security.

and my cover photo was removed again, but this time I didn’t get a warning. I just have to upload it again to be able to stream. I guess we’ll see how many times I get kicked today. 🙃

Upvote 0
Yeah they also tried to tell me that Stripchat Moderators don’t need to come into your camroom to review photos, but they were definitely there right before I got kicked off stream. When I responded asking why else this would have happened, they responded to someone else’s ticket in my email. 😐
Yikes! 😓 Makes you wonder how many of your support mails have leaked into other models' support replies. Make a note of this ☝️ @Eva from Stripchat (or @xChloe when you're back), and please investigate if you are able to. Text from support tickets leaking into other tickets is potentially a GDPR breach.

and my cover photo was removed again, but this time I didn’t get a warning. I just have to upload it again to be able to stream. I guess we’ll see how many times I get kicked today. 🙃
Question: when you say "cover picture", are you talking about the avatar pic and picture that shows in the cam window when you are offline, or the large picture/video you can put in your profile above your bio?

Anyway, and it's ofc just a theory, but this may be why so many models are simply using a photo from one of their public photo sets as a bio cover picture and avatar. But like you, I'd like to see some clearly written rules about these pictures.

Edit: went to your profile. Hello fellow cloud chaser ☁️😎

Upvote 0
Yikes! 😓 Makes you wonder how many of your support mails have leaked into other models' support replies. Make a note of this ☝️ @Eva from Stripchat (or @xChloe when you're back), and please investigate if you are able to. Text from support tickets leaking into other tickets is potentially a GDPR breach.
Yep I was wondering this as well. Luckily I didn’t give any super personal details - just my username/email. But it’s concerning nonetheless.

Question: when you say "cover picture", are you talking about the avatar pic and picture that shows in the cam window when you are offline, or the large picture/video you can put in your profile above your bio?
So, my avatar has been fine, which is funny because it was actually a nude photo with the nudity cropped out. So it’s just my face.
For the cover photo, it defaulted to also be my profile photo/header, so I’m not actually sure if I can have 2 different photos? (Attached images of what I can see on the model end. The first one is seen on the broadcast page, the second one from my profile).

Attachments

• 144FA358-1709-46A2-97F0-10193DB2013F.jpeg
    144FA358-1709-46A2-97F0-10193DB2013F.jpeg
    778 KB · Views: 4
  • 961626D9-6327-4E94-A634-0B5C1640204C.jpeg
    961626D9-6327-4E94-A634-0B5C1640204C.jpeg
    713.9 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
I'd like to see some clearly written rules about these pictures.
This is honestly THE most frustrating part. The message I got from them for the rejection was so broad, it could have violated literally *any* policy. But then support said it’s actually fine? So I have no idea what I’m supposed to do other than just leave the current one up or risk my stream getting shut down mid-show. 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• 621F5E0C-4E1F-4D0E-AABB-47370CE0BFB9.jpeg
    621F5E0C-4E1F-4D0E-AABB-47370CE0BFB9.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
For the cover photo, it defaulted to also be my profile photo/header, so I’m not actually sure if I can have 2 different photos? (Attached images of what I can see on the model end. The first one is seen on the broadcast page, the second one from my profile).
I have seen models with two different photos (cover picture and bio header), so apparently you can. I guess you already know you can put a (short) video in the bio header.

As for picture rules, I can only assume some overzealous support rep misguidedly erred on the side of caution, or that the wrong model's picture was removed. As for me, I just realized my bio header is on my own ancient and dusty SmugMug page with a copyright message displayed. Hard to argue with that.

Upvote 0
Even if it *was* an overzealous support rep, it doesn’t make sense because it was all SFW and definitely of me & I definitely own the pics. Who knows though honestly. We could probably sit here speculating on what happened all week and still not really know.
I’ll probably try uploading something different on one of my days off. Maybe I’ll even message them asking for the okay before I stream again. 🤣

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Had the same problem, guess models are not the only ones who are not aware of the rules. Wish that the terms covered everything in more detail, since usually you learn them the hard way, after a few rejects and warns from the admins :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for half necroposting, but I've had about five different background pictures removed from my user profile the last two weeks. They last about 24 hours before they vanish. The last picture was a mobile phone photo by me of the clouds outside, but it still disappeared. I have sent a question to support to hear what's going on since it's obviously not copyright or nudity related.

Upvote 0
I got this back from support. Looks like users and models are subject to the same rules wrt to profile background pictures. Off to include my knee in the picture then 😳

Background image Rules
  • The image needs to represent the actual user or users body part.​
  • The image must not contain minors.​
  • The image must not contain prohibited content. Please refer to https://wiki.stripchat.com/Rules_for_Models for more information.​
  • The image must not contain copyrighted content with watermarks (logos).​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.