AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Creative ways to remain engaging on slow nights

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2020
Chaturbabe here! I've been camming on CB for a little less than a year, so this is my first experience with (what I assume is) a pre-holiday lull. We all know how disheartening and frustrating it can be to shakin' our butts for a silent room - so I'm trying to be proactive in preparing myself for the potential difficult nights to come.

To this end, I've been trying to think of creative ways to continue to engage (and hopefully entice!) viewers, while remaining entertained, myself. Perhaps I'm more restless than most, but after a while dancing seductively, teasing a dildo with my tongue, etc., gets a little bit tedious. Not to mention, there are thousands of other models out there doing those things as well. What are some interesting activities that you have done, or have thought of doing, on cam? For example, many months ago on a particularly slow night, I broadcasted myself putting together a chest of drawers while wearing knee socks and a butt plug. I've also re-potted plants topless on cam.

Bear in mind, I don't just intend on tackling my "To-Do" list while I broadcast :p I'm trying to come up with unique performative and visually appealing activities, but am having trouble getting the brainstorm going. The only specific idea I had was to set up a black light and paint (either myself or a canvas, or both!) with black light paint.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences! Throw 'em at me!

in my room guys cant be quiet becouse i talk to much and if they are quiet i talk alone till they getting insolved too lol they asked me to make a sleeping video they curious if im talking while sleeping also coz i never shut up :)))

I like to think about it in a super simple way - while you're on cam, you're able to directly influence two of your viewers' senses: sound and sight.

From there, I would just sit down and make a list of different ways you can cater to both of those. Sight seems to be what a lot of models focus on most because it tends to be easier. Play fun games (things with moving parts help catch the eye, having your own spinning wheel or giant fuzzy dice you can roll, for example), have cool props you can mess with (I got a pack of gigantic playing cards that I love to use lol, when it's slow in the room I can try to make a ridiculous house of cards!), wear interesting costumes that you can change in and out of (maybe off cam to keep em guessing!), decorate your room with lights and colors (if you hang up streamers or something then they get the added bonus of getting to see your butt), dance and tease (as you have been), draw, doodle, craft, take a bath/shower, give yourself a mani/pedi, work out, cook, heck, you could even do chores around the house in your lingerie and that would likely catch their eye since it's different than the usual bedroom setup.

For sound, you can put together fun playlists, play a musical instrument, try your hand at ASMR, talk, look up fun questions to ask the room (which you will end up inevitably answering yourself for a while until folks finally start chiming in), tell stories, maybe even find (public domain) books and read them out loud... Ultimately, the question becomes what do you like to do? I think that a ton of hobbies can be adapted to be performed on cam, so you get to practice your skills while naked and getting paid. Win-win in my books!

I like to think about it in a super simple way - while you're on cam, you're able to directly influence two of your viewers' senses: sound and sight.

From there, I would just sit down and make a list of different ways you can cater to both of those. Sight seems to be what a lot of models focus on most because it tends to be easier. Play fun games (things with moving parts help catch the eye, having your own spinning wheel or giant fuzzy dice you can roll, for example), have cool props you can mess with (I got a pack of gigantic playing cards that I love to use lol, when it's slow in the room I can try to make a ridiculous house of cards!), wear interesting costumes that you can change in and out of (maybe off cam to keep em guessing!), decorate your room with lights and colors (if you hang up streamers or something then they get the added bonus of getting to see your butt), dance and tease (as you have been), draw, doodle, craft, take a bath/shower, give yourself a mani/pedi, work out, cook, heck, you could even do chores around the house in your lingerie and that would likely catch their eye since it's different than the usual bedroom setup.

For sound, you can put together fun playlists, play a musical instrument, try your hand at ASMR, talk, look up fun questions to ask the room (which you will end up inevitably answering yourself for a while until folks finally start chiming in), tell stories, maybe even find (public domain) books and read them out loud... Ultimately, the question becomes what do you like to do? I think that a ton of hobbies can be adapted to be performed on cam, so you get to practice your skills while naked and getting paid. Win-win in my books!
Thank you for your input! I really appreciate the insight. PS, I've definitely thought about novelty playing cards XD

in my room guys cant be quiet becouse i talk to much and if they are quiet i talk alone till they getting insolved too lol they asked me to make a sleeping video they curious if im talking while sleeping also coz i never shut up :)))
Same i talk so much and I feel most the time its to myself.

Yeah, I often find myself just thought/word vomiting. Haha.
I bring up random thoughts that come to mind.
Sometimes I get weird and improvisational with things depending on how much feedback I get from viewers.

If I do have someone actually chatting in the room, I try to engage with them.

There are definitely times where I do end up trying to check off some "To-Do" list things.

Most of the time, I'm just dancing around in various ways with varied outfits.

And if anything, if I'm trying to entertain myself, usually someone connects with it, so I just do what I find to be fun.

Hi ladylady,

I love that idea!! :D

Here are some of my favorite things to do on less busy days.
For me, I try to see those as opportunities to create different shows.
You guys can do these too! I hope it helps, remember this is just a personal opinion and we are all unique.

BUT we are all amazing!! and we got this even on slow days.
Remember, EVERY CAM MODEL has a slow day. It's normal, just stay confident!!

:h: :h: :h:

I like to

-Talk about why I did my hair/makeup that way and the lingerie options I have

-Visualize the customers I want and me making my goal quickly.

-Talk about photos/videos in my bio. I am passionate about photography- often my viewers are too
and we can then talk more. Ask questions about things they like.

-I had an "unblock the greys day" where I unblocked the greys to see what would happen.
It got too spammy so I had to re-block them but it was definitely fun.

-Even if it's slow, show confidence and have fun. It's ok to say something like
"hey guys, let's get the goal moving! all your tips activate my Lovense items... see
the [type /tipmenu] tipmenu for requests."]

-For me, I use cheap freeloaders as an opportunity to upsell to the audience.
Who knows if a viewer with tokens is thinking about it based off your response?
They don't know that guy is a freeloader. They may be looking at how you answer customers.

So I upsell a lot. I take time to talk about the benefits of private, fan club, dice roll, and tipped-for PM.

After some experience, I know the free loaders aren't going to tip for PM or their rude request.
but I mention that anybody who loves to talk to me
would be PERFECT for my fan club where we can PM as much as they want,
or that they might be able to win their request on the dice roll ;)

viewer: i got no tokens sexyyyy !! BUT PM ME NOW ABOUT PRIVATE!!! :* :* :* :*
Me: Thank you, handsome! I would love to go private with you, all the info is in my bio. See /tipmenu for PM
and let's talk more.

viewer: It's too expensive.

Me: That's why I created my fan club! You can get free PM and discounts on private shows
just by signing up, AND you can view all my photos and videos.

viewer: (usually leaves.) If they keep being rude I silence.

BUT at that point, I have had other people join my fan club or start tipping.
How you work with what's there can help a lot. I've learned to always be calm, optimistic, and professional.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

viewer: [tipped: 0] STOP THE SHOW AND WATCH MY CAM RIGHT NOW......

Me: Sure! I would love to give you my full attention. How about we start a private show and have some fun together? ;)
I only watch cams in private so that I can focus on you.

viewer: Too many tokens for me.

Me: No worries! I might not be on much longer today, but I'd really love to view when you're ready.
Oh!! Maybe you can try winning it on dice roll! It's only 99 and I have cam watching as a prize.

At this point, somebody else often starts a private or rolls the dice then things get moving from there.

-On slower days I like to bring out the more niche items such as pantyhose , fishnet stockings,
and high heels and make videos /photos with them,
then use relevant hashtags so the viewers that like feet, legs, and shoes can find me.
I have noticed my niches tend to be these things based off what the viewers like from me.
Everybody is different for this though! You can find your niche by seeing what is most requested in tipnotes and private etc.

-Find out what my viewers might like by asking them, viewing their profile, etc.
see what requests are most often asked for and add them to tipmenu or dice roll.

-Use the #private hashtag and let viewers know that I am accepting private shows.

(having info in my bio about what exactly private costs, how long it is, etc
helps a LOT with getting more privates.)

This is very similar to how upselling works at a club, you often don't have many
customers but promote drinks/VIP to those that are there.

-Change up the bots. Try new bots that I have never tried before.
Have a medium token bot and a lower token bot. [99 for dice roll 33 for make it rain
which does a random Lush level have been my favorite!]

-Switch up the background even if it's literally just a piece of fabric. Interesting tapestries and cool fabric really does go a long way
and is often under $20 for a large sheet to hang in the camming space. Complimentary colors help catch the viewers' attention
in a row of thumbnails.

-Change the angle and bot every day for a week. Write out a plan for bots and angles and let things go from there.
I love things like this and have lots of fun with it, you can try if you want :)

Monday: show in the living room talking/dancing til goal with slot machine bot on. Multigoal for add a Lovense item for example.

Tuesday: standing up show painting with spin the wheel. Single goal for lotion show for example.

Wednesday: Lots of "point of view" angles with dice roll. Start out with multigoal then progress to single goal

Thursday: Oil show / wash off oil with neon lights and make it rain bot.

Friday: On the couch again but with a slipcover on the couch & more close-up views. Focus on privates.

Saturday: Guess the lucky
number to unlock videos, multigoal.

Just for example. We all do different shows so this might look way different for you :)

-Talk about things I enjoy such as art. Being happy attracts happy people.

-It was somewhat slow for me this week so I did a show where I made toast, tea, and coffee and asked people
how they like toast and if they prefer tea or coffee. It worked. Things picked up from there. Especially when
I realized everything wasn't plugged in and it was funny ... lol. That was my best day this week by far.

-Comedy!!! If a (harmless and following site rules but still rude) troll happens sometimes just laughing at it.
Funny stories, funny things happening on camera and you react to it. The table I was painting broke accidentally.
I laughed it off.

-For me painting furniture on camera has been really effective. Tables mostly.

-LIGHTING can transform anything. Switching it up for me made a difference and now I'm really into finding new lighting.

-Ask the viewers what they want to see for a setup - somebody suggested voice-activated lighting & it is so much fun! There are different options
online that are both app controlled and plugged in lights.

-Follow everybody who's in the room, let them know I followed. Make observations about funny screen names.

-Start dancing (and talk about why I am dancing to NO music, which is weirdly enough a conversation starter?)

-Talk about the Lovense items, what they do, & how they work. Some viewers don't know and once they know
how it works, they love it.

-Encourage greys & anonymous users to come join the fun! I like to say "guys, if you're grey or anonymous watching this,
come get some tokens and talk to me! I would love to chat with you." or something like that.
Sometimes just following back a grey user (no grey chat in my room) helps.

I should add that I missed part of the "new tag" and didn't start out with a nice setup. (didn't know how important the tag was until after.)
Some people ask me, should I start over on Chaturbate if I missed the new model promotional tag ?

From my own experience [since April 2020] if this applies to anybody here like it did for me,

Keep going and work through it. You will get long-term viewers.

Instead of starting over I really worked through the following slow days. It is now paying off for me
after several months of hard work. Keep going. Don't start over. I realized this was actually a benefit
in disguise because it resulted in viewers who found me for ME, not for me being new and then
they move on.

My viewers are there for me now , not because I was the next new thing
but because my show grew over time and is always innovating and growing.

So if anybody out there is like me and missed a lot of the "new tag" it's ok!

With :h: & good vibes
Ava
:h:

Last edited:
Hi ladylady,

You guys can do these too! I hope it helps, remember this is just a personal opinion and we are all unique.

I like to

-Talk about photos/videos in my bio. I am passionate about photography- often my viewers are too

-I had an "unblock the greys day" where I unblocked the greys to see what would happen.

"hey guys, let's get the goal moving! all your tips activate my Lovense items... see

They don't know that guy is a freeloader. They may be looking at how you answer customers.

So I upsell a lot. I take time to talk about the benefits of private, fan club, dice roll, and tipped-for PM.

After some experience, I know the free loaders aren't going to tip for PM or their rude request.

Me: Thank you, handsome! I would love to go private with you, all the info is in my bio. See /tipmenu for PM
and let's talk more.

Me: That's why I created my fan club! You can get free PM and discounts on private shows

How you work with what's there can help a lot. I've learned to always be calm, optimistic, and professional.

Me: Sure! I would love to give you my full attention. How about we start a private show and have some fun together? ;)

Me: No worries! I might not be on much longer today, but I'd really love to view when you're ready.
Oh!! Maybe you can try winning it on dice roll! It's only 99 and I have cam watching as a prize.

At this point, somebody else often starts a private or rolls the dice then things get moving from there.

-On slower days I like to bring out the more niche items such as pantyhose , fishnet stockings,
then use relevant hashtags so the viewers that like feet, legs, and shoes can find me.
I have noticed my niches tend to be these things based off what the viewers like from me.
Everybody is different for this though! You can find your niche by seeing what is most requested in tipnotes and private etc.

-Find out what my viewers might like by asking them, viewing their profile, etc.
see what requests are most often asked for and add them to tipmenu or dice roll.

-Use the #private hashtag and let viewers know that I am accepting private shows.

This is very similar to how upselling works at a club, you often don't have many

Have a medium token bot and a lower token bot. [99 for dice roll 33 for make it rain

-Switch up the background even if it's literally just a piece of fabric. Interesting tapestries and cool fabric really does go a long way
and is often under $20 for a large sheet to hang in the camming space. Complimentary colors help catch the viewers' attention
in a row of thumbnails.

-Change the angle and bot every day for a week. Write out a plan for bots and angles and let things go from there.
I love things like this and have lots of fun with it, you can try if you want :)

Monday: show in the living room talking/dancing til goal with slot machine bot on. Multigoal for add a Lovense item for example.

Tuesday: standing up show painting with spin the wheel. Single goal for lotion show for example.

Wednesday: Lots of "point of view" angles with dice roll. Start out with multigoal then progress to single goal

Friday: On the couch again but with a slipcover on the couch & more close-up views. Focus on privates.

Just for example. We all do different shows so this might look way different for you :)

-It was somewhat slow for me this week so I did a show where I made toast, tea, and coffee and asked people
how they like toast and if they prefer tea or coffee. It worked. Things picked up from there. Especially when
I realized everything wasn't plugged in and it was funny ... lol. That was my best day this week by far.

-Comedy!!! If a (harmless and following site rules but still rude) troll happens sometimes just laughing at it.
Funny stories, funny things happening on camera and you react to it. The table I was painting broke accidentally.
I laughed it off.

-LIGHTING can transform anything. Switching it up for me made a difference and now I'm really into finding new lighting.

-Ask the viewers what they want to see for a setup - somebody suggested voice-activated lighting & it is so much fun! There are different options

-Follow everybody who's in the room, let them know I followed. Make observations about funny screen names.

-Start dancing (and talk about why I am dancing to NO music, which is weirdly enough a conversation starter?)

-Talk about the Lovense items, what they do, & how they work. Some viewers don't know and once they know

-Encourage greys & anonymous users to come join the fun! I like to say "guys, if you're grey or anonymous watching this,
come get some tokens and talk to me! I would love to chat with you." or something like that.

I should add that I missed part of the "new tag" and didn't start out with a nice setup. (didn't know how important the tag was until after.)
Some people ask me, should I start over on Chaturbate if I missed the new model promotional tag ?

From my own experience [since April 2020] if this applies to anybody here like it did for me,

Instead of starting over I really worked through the following slow days. It is now paying off for me
after several months of hard work. Keep going. Don't start over. I realized this was actually a benefit
in disguise because it resulted in viewers who found me for ME, not for me being new and then
they move on.

Ava
I just want to say your replies are great, I read one of yours on another thread and they are always very thoughtful. I would like if I could. You seem like a great person. Merry Christmas 🎄

I have not much to add to this thread maybe something like Pictionary where you will draw something on a piece of paper and get the viewers to guess what it is. It might get some people talking

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992
Chaturbabe here! I've been camming on CB for a little less than a year, so this is my first experience with (what I assume is) a pre-holiday lull. We all know how disheartening and frustrating it can be to shakin' our butts for a silent room - so I'm trying to be proactive in preparing myself for the potential difficult nights to come.

To this end, I've been trying to think of creative ways to continue to engage (and hopefully entice!) viewers, while remaining entertained, myself. Perhaps I'm more restless than most, but after a while dancing seductively, teasing a dildo with my tongue, etc., gets a little bit tedious. Not to mention, there are thousands of other models out there doing those things as well. What are some interesting activities that you have done, or have thought of doing, on cam? For example, many months ago on a particularly slow night, I broadcasted myself putting together a chest of drawers while wearing knee socks and a butt plug. I've also re-potted plants topless on cam.

Bear in mind, I don't just intend on tackling my "To-Do" list while I broadcast :p I'm trying to come up with unique performative and visually appealing activities, but am having trouble getting the brainstorm going. The only specific idea I had was to set up a black light and paint (either myself or a canvas, or both!) with black light paint.

GREAT IDEAS!!
Ikea to the rescue!!😁

One model painted her room over the course of a couple days....
It was fun, and so INCREDIBLY EROTIC!
Stretching high, bending low.....AWWWWWW YEAAHHHH!!!😈
“paint the name of the next xxxx tkn tippers on the wall”
“ does this base board need another coat”
Low camera, elevated model, kind of an extended up-skirt perspective!

Last edited:
I just want to say your replies are great, I read one of yours on another thread and they are always very thoughtful. I would like if I could. You seem like a great person. Merry Christmas 🎄

I have not much to add to this thread maybe something like Pictionary where you will draw something on a piece of paper and get the viewers to guess what it is. It might get some people talking
Hi WhatsUp,

Thank you so much & Merry Christmas to you too! :D This community has been so helpful to me with starting camming this year so I try to help in return as much as possible.
I love that idea as well, sounds like fun! :)

Best & good holiday vibes :h: :h:🎄
Ava

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatsUp
Hi ladylady,

I like to

and let's talk more.

in a row of thumbnails.

I laughed it off.

they move on.

Ava
Yessss.....these are all so good!
I really appreciate what you have to say here.

Hi ladylady,

I like to

and let's talk more.

in a row of thumbnails.

I laughed it off.

they move on.

Ava
WOW. Thank you so much for the input! This is all amazing advice - not only in a practical sense, but also in terms of dealing with a potentially negative/downtrodden mood or attitude (hey, we all have those nights :p)

Some fun things I like to do on camera are "smoke-sessions" (legally smoking cannabis) where we hang out and chill a bit before the fun stuff or I've also read tarot cards--I want to make a "strip tarot card" game one of these days lol

I try to spend 1 day a week shooting content for the rest of the week. Solo and with my lady friends. Milf Monday, Titty Tuesday, Thong Thursday, Foot fetish Friday, Sucking saturday etc. 5-10 pics per specialty themed day. So I have backup stuff to post for sale on CB and OF, in case of those dreadful slow nights. Put them on the rotating notifier etc. Its still important to stay engaged and make your presence known, even if it means staying on cam for 45 mins with minimal tips lol. If you gain 15-20 followers on a down night its still progress. 1-2 of those may turn out to be good tippers in the future. 1-2 of em may subscribe to your OF or CB fan club. It adds up.

Brilliant take on how to cater to your audience! I love this

Hi ladylady,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this super insightful and helpful comment!

I've been struggling with what to do on cam. I'm an artist and I love being creative, but I just have this mental block that who I am and what I do with my art is separate from my camming life. I don't know if I'm just too afraid to have both of them link up, but I've been hesitant about showing off who I am on cam even though that's everyone's #1 advice. From reading your comment, I'm now moved to rethink the way I have been approaching camming. I usually just try to look enticing and sexy, but it doesn't really work. I end up just looking bored.

I just moved into a new apartment and now I'm excited to think about being on cam as I set the room up, paint it, move things around. I've had this very perfectionist mindset, thinking that everything has to be 100% before I go live. This "work through it" POV suggestion sounds like a great way of helping through that perfectionist block. I just wrote down a list of things I could be doing around the apt with lingerie or minimal clothing that could potentially make for an interesting show (?) We'll see.

Anyways, wow, thanks for the pick me up. I needed this :h:

While cleaning I found some Old Old Old Penthouse Forum Letters book and tried reading that on cam ... about 30 seconds of reading and I got a private

Reactions: eroticalynn

Some stuff I do when shiz gets stale....turn on music super low in the background so only I can hear it (legalities) and dance around. lol. Eat snacks slowly (cute snacks like strawberries, not like a MF plate of spaghetti). sip tea. stretch! I love stretching. When people start tipping I'm way overdramatic with the THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! to show the others that this is encouraged and rewarded behavior XD

Status
Not open for further replies.