AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Credit card fraud

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2020
So im a regular on SM. just today, like in the last few hours, someone who isnt me hacked into my account and spent around $600. I did contact support, and hopefully the refund goes through, but im wondering - how common is this on SM, and how do girls react if they realize they're interacting with a hacked account?

Im done with the site, though, never wanna risk this happening again lol. But still, it made me curious about how often this happens and reactions to it

So im a regular on SM. just today, like in the last few hours, someone who isnt me hacked into my account and spent around $600. I did contact support, and hopefully the refund goes through, but im wondering - how common is this on SM, and how do girls react if they realize they're interacting with a hacked account?

Im done with the site, though, never wanna risk this happening again lol. But still, it made me curious about how often this happens and reactions to it
oooof that is awful. so sorry that happened. support will be able to see the ip used during their spending spree wasn't you. i have been told by a few members tell me their accounts were compromised and had fraudulent charges. support seemed to solve and refund them no problem.

i probably reported maybe 3 or 4 possible fraudulent transactions in the 7 years i've been on streamate. so we really cannot tell when it's happening unless it is very blatant. like some dude announcing he is using his bitch mother's credit card to my chat. last month, streamate recently sent out a newsletter about how us models can help on reporting possible fraud. they gave us a list of possible red flags, but even then, it's still hard to tell. we can't see their ip address, or payment methods.

sorry to you leave the site, but totes understand. if you do happen to decide to come back. create an account that isn't connected to any email accounts you have used for other website accounts. that way if one of those sites experience a data breach and your information was taken, you don't have to worry about it being used on any other site that may have similar or same logins.

I can't speak for how often it happens but thought I would give you some info that can prevent it from happening in the future, whether on sm or on any other website :)

I recommend using virtual disposable credit cards for online purchases. With most of them, you top up your account, generate your new card details that are valid for a single transaction.
If you're in the USA then I have heard good things about Privacy, https://privacy.com/
If you are in Europe this is a service that Revolute offers (which is who I use for my disposable cards)

I would also look into setting up a password manager like LastPass that will generate secure and unique passwords for you for every site.
For now, I would recommend changing your passwords on any sites that you use to help prevent unauthorized access to any of your other accounts.

Many banks in the US offer disposable card numbers for online purchases which go directly to your account instead of needing to set up a different card. Though, might not be a bad idea also. I've only had my card compromised once, and was years ago before I hit cam sites. It sucks when it happens as it's a lot of work to get things fixed.

I would second using a password manager, I use both KeyPass and PasswdSafe. I have unique passwords for all accounts, and I set it to the maximum character and combinations allowed. Typically, it's a 24-character password as I've not seen many sites offer more than that. Also, set up two-level authentication wherever possible. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass at times. But, worth it IMO.

Yikes! I have never had the experience of interacting with a member who I know is fraudulently using someone else's account, aside from a few weirdos in free chat saying things like @AudriTwo mentioned, which get instantly reported/blocked before they have a chance to pull me into their bullshit. But if I did have suspicions, then a real quick report to the platform, and I would guess most performers would do the same. Almost all platforms I have worked on try to put a little bit of fear in their performers, threatening our accounts if we knowingly engage in fraudulent activity. It's not worth it to risk your account/livelihood, so reporting is the way to go when something seems off. If I had to guess, I would say the majority of performers operate with a similar mindset. Not only is it unethical to continue, but it's just plain not worth it to engage for the short-term gain if you are going to lose out in the long-term, so what would the point be? We are going to cover our asses. 😂

Of course I can't and wouldn't try to speak for all, but I would think this is the most common course of action, at least for seasoned professionals who take the work seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.