AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Critical members to you room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
Are there any type of member (besides the non-spending kind) that if missing from your room you would log off early?

I imagine non-talking members would be one type worthy of an early exit? ... so talking / interactive members would be a big plus for many of you?

Guess I want to know what type of company tends to keep you online? Is there something personal that makes you feel ready to stay online longer?

Are you meaning, for instance, those times where a camgirl leaves early despite the possibility of a tipper, or keeping her from being bored and her logging off due to it?

The first one is likely due to her having bad headjunk. This happens to every cammer at some point and chances are you won't be able to knock 'em out of it. I typically can take a 20 minute break and come back, but it took me years before I was able to do that.

As for the other, I suggest finding out her interests (start with her profile). Ask her about those or any others she might have. Ask her about what she offers. If nothing else it'll get the room to hear her talk about what kind of personality she has and what they can tip for.

I guess, if a member is really mean or creepy, it could make a model ban and then log off to deal with it. But a nice member who addresses the creepiness could keep a model online longer. Like, I had a guy state in free chat once that he needed me to get naked in free chat because he was at work and didn't have long. So, I made a joke along the lines of, "you'd better hurry up, I hear your boss yelling that the fries are burning" and the guys in the room had fun making similar jokes with me. Whereas, if they were like "don't be a bitch" or something of course I would've logged off immediately.

^Similaraly when I was starting I would on occasion get super creepy/bullying high tippers who would make me not want to work so much that I'd log off. I needed the money but the thought of dealing with them was often too much. Thankfully I earn enough now to not have to keep those assholes.

Loosely on topic but members gotta keep in mind to not be too chatty and kinda fall in line at times in some cam room setting. Try not to stick out too much or take away attention if that makes sense. Worry not of such things at forums centered around camgirls, much less serious an atmosphere.

Loosely on topic but members gotta keep in mind to not be too chatty and kinda fall in line at times in some cam room setting. Try not to stick out too much or take away attention if that makes sense. Worry not of such things at forums centered around camgirls, much less serious an atmosphere.

It's a balance. A good rule of thumb is not to talk about things that take away from a show/the model trying to promote her room. If nothing is really going on it can be good to try to bring in positive friendly banter. If she's obviously edging on having a bad headjunk moment then might want to keep quiet till that passes. Long spanses of time with nobody tipping, lack of sleep, hunger etc can definitely make one irritable.

It's a balance. A good rule of thumb is not to talk about things that take away from a show/the model trying to promote her room. If nothing is really going on it can be good to try to bring in positive friendly banter. If she's obviously edging on having a bad headjunk moment then might want to keep quiet till that passes. Long spanses of time with nobody tipping, lack of sleep, hunger etc can definitely make one irritable.

I think I get most of this, tad confused by headjunk maybe, but I meant guys that try to be too big of a part or focus of the room or run the way it goes in general. Still good advice and etiquette.

Reactions: Mila_ and Ann_Sulu
Are you meaning, for instance, those times where a camgirl leaves early despite the possibility of a tipper, or keeping her from being bored and her logging off due to it?
I was thinking more positively ... those things members do that for you personally want to keep you online.

In general the profile comment sounds like a good guide to what member behaviour makes for a good time on.

I was really curious about what personality traits work best, kind, funny, sexy, kinky etc.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
So long as I'm not itching to log off before I even log on I'll usually stay so long as good conversation is going, especially if it's light convos where new people chime in here and there. Someone who can stick to either neutral or positive subjects are great. If tips are coming in during conversation, even small tips, it makes me feel like the member appreciates our conversation and is also enjoying their time. So in essence if I think everyone is having a good time I'll stick around awhile in hopes that I can eventually escalate it into reaching my goal that night. And if not? I feel like everyone had a good time and that might equate to those people coming back to join me again.

One thing that makes me leave or want to leave fast is having someone show up who I know will talk my ear off but never tip.. ever.

My favorite members are the ones who can read the moment. Funny guys? Love them until I am annoyed at the lack of tips and trying to explain to the room that I will have to log off and they keep cracking jokes. Conversationalists? Love them until I am trying to be sexy and the room is tipping and they go on and on about their passion for cars diverting the attention from me. Respectful guys? love them until I am in the middle of a ticket show, other members get carried away and say something about my body and he scolds them for not treating me like a lady. So... what I like is a guy who knows there is a time and a place for everything.

I have one regular who gets my humor enough to where any time he enters I can be like "fuuuuck no one say hi to this guy, think I just threw up in my mouth a little when I read his name." Or some other faux mean shit and he loves it and taunts me back until the whole room is aware they don't have to just say nice things about my appearance!

Basically, any member that breaks the mold of "wow bb hottest girl ever" and says something trolly and sarcastic is always welcome because it lightens up the mood to more playful.

Edit to add: I especially appreciate members who can't tip that day and instead help me keep the room from staying silent! If someone can't tip, but contributes to my room with fun banter and refrains from telling others to tip, I'm a happy cammer. Pun intended fuck you auto correct you know we haven't been camping in years

I quit camming after like 3 attempts, BUUUT

When I was online I really appreciated the members who would ask me questions to keep the conversation going. Questions that weren't intrusive or overly personal, but just things that were interesting. Or people who would just bring up random topics to talk about. It helped me a lot because I am incredibly socially awkward (which is why I ended up giving up camming and switching to clip making. I can't carry a conversation to save my life). Even if they didn't tip much, I didn't mind if they were helping keep me busy when my room was dead. I also appreciated when they didn't overstep boundaries and try to talk me constantly when I was offline, and didn't call me pet names. I had one member who tipped great, but then started messaging me on Twitter constantly with things like "good night baby" and stuff. Not cool.

So... what I like is a guy who knows there is a time and a place for everything.
Think everyone who has visited this thread loved this answer. Not very specific but exactly what I was asking about.
Some great responses... thanks to all of you.

Guess I could add to it... What type of member (let's say spending sparingly) do you tend to overshare with/ play up with for extra attention? Do free shows for/ try to impress to keep them around? Don't see good members that hard to come by...or are they?
How difficult is it to find your type of member?

Reactions: SecurityResearcher
Guess I could add to it... What type of member (let's say spending sparingly) do you tend to overshare with/ play up with for extra attention? Do free shows for/ try to impress to keep them around? Don't see good members that hard to come by...or are they?

A member who spends sparingly but wants free shows, needs to always feel important, seeks lots of extra attention, want me to overshare etc is not a member of mine. Holy hell, that's a laundry list of needs.
Heck, a member who spends excessively and is that needy, is not a member of mine. No one wants a stage 5 clinger. Be respectful, know there's a time and place for everything, stop expecting everything on a silver platter. Cammers do the best they can, but we have lives too.
Members who expect the least out of me, ironically, get the most from me.

Its not about "are good members hard to come by" because I don't care how long it takes. Personally, I haven't had any issues finding the type of members I truly enjoy being with because I weed out the toxic ones. Its not worth the money.

A good member is first and foremost a member who spends in proportion to his requests. Seasoned camgirls tend to ignore those who ask more than they are tipping for. If you want the camgirl's attention, time and interest, tip her well.

Members who expect the least out of me, ironically, get the most from me.
This is what most members expect... reality doesn't always give us this. I kind of agree, so wanted to ask the question.

I guess in weeding out the toxic, the rest are their own value and deserving of any extra attention? Bit of a negative way of looking at it, but a fair answer/ response.
As I think about it I like that idea more and more...thanks

This is what most members expect... reality doesn't always give us this. I kind of agree, so wanted to ask the question.

I guess in weeding out the toxic, the rest are their own value and deserving of any extra attention? Bit of a negative way of looking at it, but a fair answer/ response.
As I think about it I like that idea more and more...thanks

A good member is first and foremost a member who spends in proportion to his requests. Seasoned camgirls tend to ignore those who ask more than they are tipping for. If you want the camgirl's attention, time and interest, tip her well.

I have a hard time with the "deserving of extra attention" ideology. Kitsune is spot on here in her post.
Cammers are going to focus and prioritize the members who tip in accordance to what they are requesting. If after that I have some time, then I can certainly be kind to my good members who aren't whales, but decent tippers. As long as they don't have the "I deserve some attention/praise me/lets do a free private/stroke my ego" mentality. Also, cammers don't have unlimited free time either. I'd never sleep if I gave every decent tipper the kind of attention you've listed. This is why "reality doesn't always give us this" There's only so many hours in a day.

I was talking of where requests are absent... 'free' model time. Something models should have very little of.

What type of member (let's say spending sparingly) do you tend to overshare with/ play up with for extra attention? Do free shows for/ try to impress to keep them around? Don't see good members that hard to come by...or are they?
I think I understand the "free shows" line to be not exactly an entire show for free, but moreso that the members we really like get some stuff just by mentioning/asking whereas newcomers or non-spenders would not even be acknowledged.

Example - my most regular AmberLanders may mention a song request or a view of my eyes/face/something and I happily oblige to those things many times without even thinking about it. These regulars are in my room day in/day out and support in many ways, beyond simply tipping whenever they're able to which they also do. I don't do it to impress them or play up for extra anything, though. It's just because it's fun and friendly.

Members that I create that bond with are rare and hard to come by. Maybe once every year I'll get a new person in my room that is around often enough to excel to this level.

'free shows' were the least of what I was talking about. The biggest self distraction for most models is always those long, sometimes playful, sometimes quite personal conversations going on in the background or underneath the room chat. Might be in tip notes, private, or PM.

My question was referring to what is it about these members that makes them so special/ distracting/ necessary to you personally... critical? What type of people are these to you? [I am assuming that they tip appropriately/ often enough to deserve being called members.]

I didn't want to push any opinion about the health of the interaction as it could be either a negative or positive one (model or member); was just interested in the description.
I had an overshare from a model recently. I was looking for some emotional perspective on it... where to place the boundary and how.

^Similaraly when I was starting I would on occasion get super creepy/bullying high tippers who would make me not want to work so much that I'd log off. I needed the money but the thought of dealing with them was often too much. Thankfully I earn enough now to not have to keep those assholes.

Were they being very bossy in terms of what they wanted of you, or otherwise?

Definitely. I've always looked at my time in a model's room as wanting to make it as enjoyable for her as well. Though, in a complimenting manner towards her or her room. It's usually why I stick with the same models, is that I've come to know them, their likes, etc. from what they present on cam. If she's having a bad day, I'll usually try to throw a couple of bad jokes out there in a tip not to try and get her to crack a smile or laugh a little.

This is my general philosphy when it comes to those in the service industry. Not only tipping well, but being respectful of their job, time, etc. Being polite instead of demanding. Especially food handlers. I like to leave a good impression when I'm there, as well as for if I come back (I'm a habitual repeat customer).

I had an overshare from a model recently. I was looking for some emotional perspective on it... where to place the boundary and how.

Not knowing the context of this, I've always viewed anything someone shares with me whether it be online or offline, it's said in confidence and won't be shared with others unless otherwise told.

If it's of a more personal nature towards you, I'm not sure what to say. if its something along the lines of personal interaction, I kind of let it ride unless it comes up again.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
@ForceTen The members I was referring to were being manipulative. They'd normally be milking the fact that they tipped me a lot to act like assholes. A lot of them seem to like running rooms and insisting they know more than the model because they've "been a member for waaaay more years and know how members think." I've been told that way too many times, and I promise it's never advise they give that will benefit the model's income in any way. It'll be advise like getting more naked to lure more in a larger amount of members or banning a member the guy doesn't like with a "reason" that doesn't make sense.

Another type is the type I encountered when I was on MFC was shortly after my divorce which thankfully has died down. It involved members who tipped well but made it uncomfortable by looking at me as a damsel who was ready to run away into the arms of the first guy who came off as nice. Uh no. I went through a messy divorce. I continuously made it clear didn't want anything close to a relationship right then. They'd often come back saying how it was unhealthy to think that way. *Cringe

Each was a bully in their own way. Either way both types got banned.

My question was referring to what is it about these members that makes them so special/ distracting/ necessary to you personally... critical? What type of people are these to you? [I am assuming that they tip appropriately/ often enough to deserve being called members.

I can only speculate since I'm not a model, but I think Kitsune said it really well with "My favorite members are the ones who can read the moment"

I think models appreciate someone who just understand what's going on, someone who doesn't try and make everything about them, someone they can confide in about stuff who will genuinely understand

Someone they can bond with over what's funny, stupid, annoying, inappropriate etc

Just people who resonate on a similar frequency to them

'free shows' were the least of what I was talking about. The biggest self distraction for most models is always those long, sometimes playful, sometimes quite personal conversations going on in the background or underneath the room chat. Might be in tip notes, private, or PM.

My question was referring to what is it about these members that makes them so special/ distracting/ necessary to you personally... critical? What type of people are these to you? [I am assuming that they tip appropriately/ often enough to deserve being called members.]

I didn't want to push any opinion about the health of the interaction as it could be either a negative or positive one (model or member); was just interested in the description.

The only critical member in my room is me.

My favorite members are the ones who can read the moment. Funny guys? Love them until I am annoyed at the lack of tips and trying to explain to the room that I will have to log off and they keep cracking jokes. Conversationalists? Love them until I am trying to be sexy and the room is tipping and they go on and on about their passion for cars diverting the attention from me. Respectful guys? love them until I am in the middle of a ticket show, other members get carried away and say something about my body and he scolds them for not treating me like a lady. So... what I like is a guy who knows there is a time and a place for everything.

This is something every dude should read. Very well said. I personally have done all of the things you mentioned at one time or another. Cracking too many jokes, being too chatty at the wrong time, telling others not to say this or that, etc.. It's embarrassing when you realize you've acted like a douche but, such is life. Live and learn.

Reactions: SecurityResearcher
The only critical member in my room is me.
I agree I room help for a model, make graphics, take care of Charlesbot ads and has made sure she has one of the best looking whiteboards on MFC. If I disappeared for some reason I am sure she would be sad, but lets be realistic the show would go on without me because having a roof over her head and food on the table is more important than the things I provide.

Reactions: CoffeeKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.