AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Current events: NO FORENERS ALOUD!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justjoinedtopost

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Feb 23, 2015
Edit: I wrote a post, but deleted it because it doesn't belong here. We need a current events thread probably instead so threads like this don't devolve into general current events talk. I'd be glad to discuss more there!
Oh don't tease me like that. Put it up here if it's not too much to ask.

And apologies for my contrarian tone; I was born with it, it's integral to my learning process. Mean nothing by it.

Why do you think they did that?

Because they do idiotic stuff like that to try to keep the rest of the world from focusing on all of their citizens starving, being shot, and having zero rights. Basically being the worst human rights offender in the world.

Look, I am waiting for a serious reply here. That why I made this thread. Can we pls keep it free of this sort of silliness?

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo and Guy

I've been doing a lot of research on Constitutional conventions lately, and I wouldn't hold my breath on this working. It's too complex.

Just to review, there are two ways to get an amendment to the US Constitution, and only the legislative branches have the power to do it: A) 2/3 of Congress calls for a convention to propose an amendment or B) 2/3 of state legislatures pass resolutions calling for a convention to propose an amendment. The convention calls for delegates from all 50 states to come together and write an amendment. The delegates may only draft amendments that address the goals outlined in the resolutions. Once the amendment has been drafted, it's sent back to the states. When 75% of the states ratify (approve) the amendment, it becomes part of the Constitution.

Here's why Abbott's approach is shaky:

1) Each resolution calling for a Convention of the States must be identical from state to state. That means you'd need 34 states to call for an amendment convention with these 9 specific items. There are numerous states that have already passed resolutions for individual items on Abbott's list (balance the budget is a popular one), and they'd have to write and pass new resolutions for the Texas Plan.

2) The TX governor's plan is too conservative from the start. Republicans currently hold control of both the state House and state Senate in 32 states, but you'd still have to sway the Democrats in at least 2 other states. You might be able to sway Democrats on some of the issues, but certainly not all 9 at once. Again, breaking up the resolution would be the smarter approach.

3) Ratification. In order for an amendment to become part of the Constitution, 38 states need to approve it. The state legislatures vote on it. Right now there are 18 full blue Democrat and purple states. You might get a few of the new amendments ratified, but not all 9.

4) Shifting political landscape over time. I predict a liberal backlash in the state legislatures in two years. There's a nationwide push among progressives to repopulate the Democratic party with populists, and people across the country are organizing for the first time. While we might not see this in federal Congress, I definitely think we'll see a blue shift at the state level. This will make passing resolutions and ratifying amendments more difficult.

I've been doing a lot of research on Constitutional conventions lately, and I wouldn't hold my breath on this working. It's too complex...
I needed to read no further to know I agreed with you. (I did read, but I didn't need to)

Interesting new vid from Lawrence Wilkerson. Something to ponder...

It might comfort us all to know that we've lived through the end of the world:

Good stuff. I don't buy a lick of it.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...g-middle-aged-white-peoples-deaths-of-despair

I really need to blow off about this. Suppose this is as good a place as any.

I have a number of painful experiences related to this story. I lived through the Bush1/B.Clinton cabal.

When I hear a smarmy "liberal" carry on about "jobs americans don't want"...or when I hear a self assured "conservative" explain how the formula for success is as simple as bowing before an image of Ronald Reagan, praying for deregulation, then marching off to rack up thousands in debt with a can-do attitude...I really feel an overwhelming urge to punch somebody in the face.

When I hear a smarmy "liberal" carry on about "jobs americans don't want"...or when I hear a self assured "conservative" explain how the formula for success is as simple as bowing before an image of Ronald Reagan, praying for deregulation, then marching off to rack up thousands in debt with a can-do attitude...I really feel an overwhelming urge to punch somebody in the face.

...and you are doing what about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.