1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Currently Reading Thread

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by JennyFae, Jul 8, 2018.

1. JennyFae

Cam Model

Attention Book Lovers! I would love for us to discuss books. What are you reading right now, and what do you think about it?
    I am always reading, and want to talk to someone about reading, but.... don't have anyone.

I just finished Stoner by John Williams, which is a sweet and sad little book.

• Inspiring Topic Inspiring Topic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ForceTen

Hi @JennyFae There's been a couple of threads on various books, novels, SciFi, comics, etc. But, it's always good to discuss. :)

For myself, most of what I have been reading is work related. Required for promotion. But, since I've completed all the training, I have some free time to get back into reading.

Currently, reading a book called "The Passion of Command". It's a military based book. But, it was written to help give an insight into how to be a better leader by understanding those who report to you. Only a couple of pages into it, so can't speak too much on it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan Epstein

“Killing for Coal, America’s Deadliest Labor War”. By Thomas G. Andrews

• Like Like x 1
  4. SaffronBurke

Cam Model

Belgarath the Sorcerer, by David & Leigh Eddings. I'm almost done with the series.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JennyFae

Cam Model

Today I'm reading The Unseen World by Liz Moore. The writing is kinda.... bad. Like the editor didn't actually read it.

6. eyeteach

I'm a student of history and that was one of my double majors when I received my first degree. Military history, WWII in particular, are very fascinating to me. I'm currently rereading Stephen Ambrose's "Citizen Soldiers." Ambrose also wrote "Band of Brothers." Ambrose was an excellent author, his books are an easy yet interesting read.

• Like Like x 1
  7. corsican1

For entertainment, Druids by Morgan Llywelyn , Non fiction reading Full House : The Spread of Excellence from Plato to Darwin by Stephen Jay Gould

Druids is based on the migration of the Milesians to Ireland. Historical fiction would be the category. Foll House ts essays on Natural History.

#7 corsican1, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MollyMidnight

Cam Model

The Killing of Polly Carter by Robert Thorogood. It's amazing in some respects and not to my tastes in others. I love trying to solve fictional murders.

9. PagliA

Cam Model

I just finished the Mars Room by Rachel Kushner which is a very interesting book. Eat the Document by Dana Spiotta was also really good. In terms of non-fiction I'll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle Macnamara was beautifully written but scary af.

10. briandf255

I'm currently reading Cyteen by C.J. Cherryh... It's science fiction and it's slow going. I'm hoping the action will pick up soon.