AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Custom Pictures

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 43063

I have someone wanting to purchase custom pictures from me. Since I'm new i have no clue what to charge or if the quality has to be a certain way. I have an iPhone 7+ which takes phenomenal pictures on portrait mode. Will that be enough or should I just save up for a real camera? What is typically included in the pictures? I'm also looking into shooting a few videos and was wondering prices for b/g videos. g/g videos, and solo play videos. Thank you in advance!

What you charge is heavily dependent on you and your goals. But a few things to consider when pricing:
  • How much time went in to setting up the space, getting ready, taking the pics/video, and any possible editing
  • How many pictures are in the set or how long the video footage is and what kind of quality they are
  • How explicit or not the photos are
  • Whether or not it's something you can resell
  • Whether or not you show your face
Most phone cameras these days can take really professional looking photos if you have good lighting. When I first started selling pictures and videos, almost everything I did was taken with a phone camera or my laptop's built in (which was fantastic for a built in, but a built in is still a built in). I only recently started getting into trying to make more HD quality stuff since I finally got myself a nicer webcam. I'm still trying to master the art of taking pictures with the thing since it feels so different from my phone and I've yet to figure out how to set up a remote to work with it the way I could my phone. But the most important thing is just to make sure you communicate well with the person that wants the custom pics. Ask them what they're wanting to see in the pics and don't be afraid to let them know that you're still learning the ropes and figuring out your style and stuff. Take some time and browse around a variety of nude and non-nude model shots to get inspiration for poses and creative lighting and stuff.

And as far as actual numbers go, average rates can very greatly. Some girls charge guys like a buck or two per custom pic, others might start their prices at 5 per pic and go up from there. Or for custom videos I know charging about 3 bucks a min for typical nudity/explicit stuff solo is a common price. Just make sure you take into account the percent you're losing to whatever site you sell them through. And spend some time looking at a whole variety of other models if you want more ideas on what kind of pricing is normal for stuff. And keep the economic principle of supply and demand in mind too. Really popular models can often charge a lot for their stuff and still sell it frequently, especially custom stuff, because there's more demand. But on the flip side of that, don't let being newer and having less traffic cause you to under price yourself either. It can take a little time to figure out where your sweet spots are and they could change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.