AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Custom vid - did I get scammed?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinky_Ghost

Deactivated Account
Mar 29, 2021
I buy a custom vid for 777 tokens. Four days later she sends me a recording (recorded on her phone) of one of her private shows. Did I get scammed?

Did you agree on something specific/different before paying? If I was the sort to buy buy 'custom' videos, I'd be very clear what I wanted and anything less would not be accepted.

Reactions: Pinky_Ghost
Oof that sucks. Sorry that happened OP. I don't mean to sound condescending or any offense when I say this but you get what you pay for.

More expensive the custom, less likely it's going to be poor quality and lazy production.

I didn't ask for a recording of her private show. If that's what I wanted, I would have just spied on her private show. And it would have been cheaper. lol
Ok, but did you discuss it with her as far as what you wanted? And she agreed to make a video of what you discussed? For how many minutes and wearing what costume, etc? If you two didn't have a conversation and she is a new model or there is a language barrier, maybe she didn't know/understand what "custom" actually means.

Sorry this happened, maybe it is best to send her a polite message to clarify your expectations. And if you didn't have an agreement before paying it's one of those live and learn things, I guess.

I didn't ask for a recording of her private show. If that's what I wanted, I would have just spied on her private show. And it would have been cheaper. (I think I just answered my own question) lol
I asked for what you asked for, not what you didn't ask for. You don't have to share details but like..what I'm trying to establish is that you asked for something specific and were sent something else. Is that correct? If so yeah you got scammed.

Even if u said "just send me something sexy!" (Literally a request I got for a custom last week) it's still douchey to send a private show recording but I wouldn't call it EXPLICITLY a scam if you didn't specify what you wanted.

Ok, but did you discuss it with her as far as what you wanted? And she agreed to make a video of what you discussed? For how many minutes and wearing what costume, etc? If you two didn't have a conversation and she is a new model or there is a language barrier, maybe she didn't know/understand what "custom" actually means.

Sorry this happened, maybe it is best to send her a polite message to clarify your expectations. And if you didn't have an agreement before paying it's one of those live and learn things, I guess.
Thanks for replying btw. You maybe right about the language barrier and what 'custom' means. But, yes there was a discussion of what I wanted and she didn't do it. I explained this to her and she said she will make another video but part of me is expecting another private show recording with the things I asked for.

But, yes there was a discussion of what I wanted and she didn't do it.
Yeah that's v scammy. I'm glad she was willing to make another video. If you didn't already, get her to give an expected delivery date. That way you know when to expect it, and you'll have evidence of you need to involve camsite support for a refund

Thanks for replying btw. You maybe right about the language barrier and what 'custom' means. But, yes there was a discussion of what I wanted and she didn't do it. I explained this to her and she said she will make another video but part of me is expecting another private show recording with the things I asked for.

I really hope she sends you the right kind of video this time.

There was a recent thread on here where some of us got the impression that the guy (and possibly the model) misunderstood what a "custom video" is. I know that on the site Cams/Streamray, there's an area where a model can upload her videos for sale (premade videos), but what drives me crazy is that the site refers to them as "custom videos." Lol. I was like...but that's not what custom videos are...these are all premade videos I made on my own (not at a customer's request). Haha.

custom vid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.