AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Custom video problem - your opinion

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2015
I've ordered quite a few custom vids & I thought I had experienced it all...

I would like your opinion about my most recent custom vid order. The vid is done & I got a link to the models Google Drive-share, so far, so good. But now it turns out that the model doesn't allow me to download the vid, so the only way I can see it is to visit her Google Drive. I've never heard about this before & imo the model should had made this clear from the start.

1st of all it's a real hassle to visit her Google Drive everytime & 2nd, she could retire & delete her Google Drive tomorrow for all I know.

First, I'd recommend messaging her directly about this and politely request a download link due to the aforementioned issues. If she doesn't offer free downloads, ask if you can purchase a download link. She may not know that you are unable to download the video and a simple message could clear that up.

If that fails.......this isn't kosher at all, but you could record your screen and save it that way. You could even go so far as to record your screen with your phone or camera. Sucks but it's a crappy solution if she flat out refuses to work with you. Really sucks to be in this situation. Personally it's why I use wetransfer for all custom video files so I don't have to save the file and you can do with it whatever you want after you receive the link.

I have tried to contact the model, she answered "I don't allow downloads. You should have asked if the video was going to be downloadable before buying the custom. The deal is done" & blocked me.
Well that's pretty rude of her imo. Personally, since you did due diligence (and I'm assuming were polite) I would just record your screen and call it done. Her behavior is pretty unethical and so is the screen recording, but there's not much else you can do at this point. *shrug*

Consider yourself lucky to not have to deal with her again. Since she didn't disclose that her customs aren't downloadable, wipe your hands of the deal, find a way to copy your video and be glad she blocked you.

Stating in case it isn't obvious, if you do record the video, don't share it or you're the bad guy. Recording it and saving for your own enjoyment, in this case is just protecting your assets.

i have no idea why models do this. if you don't want guys downloading videos... don't offer them. they are still going to find ways to do it.

and it's a custom. you are making a specific video for someone's private collection. you still own the copyright. sorry that happened :c

Depending on what browser you use, there are lots of free video downloader extensions/add-ons to use, which will grab the video for you. No need to record the screen at all (so this way no loss of quality).
I use Chrome and have the following 2 installed:

Flash Video Downloader
Video Downloader Professional

The latter of the 2 seems to be the best in my opinion/experience.
I think you can get the same or similar ones for FireFox. I am not sure though.

Reactions: Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.