AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Demographic Analytics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LylacDoll

Cam Model
Jul 8, 2017
Midwest, United States
MFC Username
LylacDoll
Does anyone have good resources for finding out what demographics of consumers view which camsites, at what times, the most? I did some googling, and I didn't see anything particularly useful. I'm sure it has to be out there somewhere though.

I'd really like to know things like, when my key demographic is online the most, when they're most likely to spend money, what they typically spend it on (say, public shows or privates?). Or is it just information I'll have to figure out as I go? Cause I'd really like to avoid all that trial and error, to be honest.

It's not everything you're looking for, but the mycamgirl stats can be interesting if you haven't seen them: https://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/infographic

To get the levels you want, it would pretty much need to be provided by the sites and/or by models pooling their data. I hear that some data sharing happens in the verified sections of this forum, but have no ideal if it gets to that level.

• Helpful!
Reactions: LylacDoll
It's not everything you're looking for, but the mycamgirl stats can be interesting if you haven't seen them: https://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/infographic

To get the levels you want, it would pretty much need to be provided by the sites and/or by models pooling their data. I hear that some data sharing happens in the verified sections of this forum, but have no ideal if it gets to that level.

Thanks! Not quite what I was looking for but definitely helpful, and something I can spend lots of time looking over.

Maybe the tools you are looking for can be the old and robust ones, because Google Analytics is what you may use for just your owned domain and website.
An apparatus like alexa.com or similar web can give a very detailed review of the activities, geography, gender, bounce rate, and lots of SEO and promotional related ideas. The only gating element I see is that these tools are not necessarily free of charge. I would definitely consult with a veteran model regarding the tools for metrics they use. I am sure they can give excellent insights because your question entails that you are doing a serious research for marketing purposes, and I'm all for it :)

I do think you will find your camming more trial and error, because not all models are the same and not all members are the same. Trying to categorize either group is in general problematic.

If you take members for instance, there may be a spending habit that enables more options available the more you spend, but try to translate that into a particular series of tastes for entertainment at each spending level and I suspect that it fails.
There may well be some demographic differences between members though, so interesting question.

Maybe the tools you are looking for can be the old and robust ones, because Google Analytics is what you may use for just your owned domain and website.
An apparatus like alexa.com or similar web can give a very detailed review of the activities, geography, gender, bounce rate, and lots of SEO and promotional related ideas. The only gating element I see is that these tools are not necessarily free of charge. I would definitely consult with a veteran model regarding the tools for metrics they use. I am sure they can give excellent insights because your question entails that you are doing a serious research for marketing purposes, and I'm all for it :)

Oh wow, Alexa looks amazing. The features of it look very useful but I wonder how useful they would be at analyzing sites like MFC, CB, SM, etc. even though I don't personally have any more access to these sites than the average person. I might have to take advantage of that 7 day trial at the very least to find out. As far purpose, not so much "serious" market research, but more just trying to figure out how to make the most of when I get online. But who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if camming turns into a half job, and half data analytics hobby :)

Oh wow, Alexa looks amazing. The features of it look very useful but I wonder how useful they would be at analyzing sites like MFC, CB, SM, etc. even though I don't personally have any more access to these sites than the average person. I might have to take advantage of that 7 day trial at the very least to find out. As far purpose, not so much "serious" market research, but more just trying to figure out how to make the most of when I get online. But who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if camming turns into a half job, and half data analytics hobby :)
Right, Alexa isn't very reliable unfortunnately :/
Alexa have a toolbar/browser extension that shows Alexa Traffic Rank, related links and a few other pieces of data.

It used to be that this toolbar was the only way Alexa collected data which lead to serious issues with accuracy. But it now uses a combination of 25,000 different browser extensions to collect data.
Similar Web seems better with their vast amount of data sources.

Anyway, I'm also bothered about the lack of market research in the industry. Models are suppoused to just start a business with no preparation or any idea of the demographic they appeal to or plan to appeal to which is one of the reasons why so many quit 3 months after. It would benefit every model to have the tools to see what is lacking on the market and where they could best fit in or what their audience is like etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.