AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did I do something wrong here?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2020
I’m new to Streammate and caming in general as a customer, not a model.

I’m still trying to navigate everything from tipping the right amount to when to be chatty and when to stay silent.

A model kicked me out of her room last night and I’m not sure what I did. I’m willing to own up and say I made a mistake if people on here think I did.

I’m still trying to figure this out. I’m used to downloading clips and buying custom videos.

I’m on SM last night and notice a model wearing an article of clothing I have a huge fetish for, but don’t see much on SM. It’s the first time I’ve visited this model.

I enter her room and she’s just sitting there staring at the camera. I wait about 10-15 seconds and nothing. No verbal acknowledgment that I entered. She doesn’t write anything.

No one else is in the room chatting with her, so it’s not like she’s ignoring me for others.

I wait about 30 seconds and nothing. So I type “How are you?” Nothing. She doesn’t write back, doesn’t respond verbally. Just stares at the camera.

I wait another 15-20 seconds and I type “you look hot tonight.” Still nothing. Doesn’t write back, doesn’t respond verbally.

Now a minute has passed and nothing. Just stares at the camera and keeps ignoring me.

So I think “maybe she just doesn’t realize I’m here. I’ll wait a little bit and maybe she’ll notice me.”

So about the 2 minute mark she still doesn’t say or do anything but sends me her Gold Menu. This is the first indication I got she even knows I’m in the room. The rest of the time she sits there, staring at the camera.

I type, “I guess you’re not chatty tonight.”

And she says “I don’t talk to freeloaders” and kicks me out.

I admit I was in her room for 2 minutes without tipping. But I was waiting for her to do something, anything to acknowledge I was there. All she did was stare at the screen and ignore me until she kicked me out.

I’m happy to tip and tip well. But the model has to do something. I’m not asking her to flash her breasts or play with herself. I just wanted a “hello” or “how are you?”

So did I do something wrong here?

Also is it possible she was confusing me with someone else who has freeloaded in her studio? Like I said it was the first time I’ve ever been to her room.

I’m just trying to figure out what happened so I don’t make this mistake again.

thank you to all who reply.

I admittedly hate "How are you?" because it's like, tiring to respond to the same basic thing over and over and over for however long I'm on. But I get why it's asked. Maybe you caught her when she had no patience left for it, and I get that too. Good sales tactic? idk, but I understand why it might happen.

Did she send the tip menu specifically to you, or to the chat in general? I spam my chat messages often with my basic sales stuff, just so that everyone passing in and out gets a chance to see it. It's just an ad.

What do these two things have in common? Streamate members filter in and out of rooms fairly quickly, the turnover is fast, it can be a bit repetitive on our end and also maybe for anyone spending much time in our free chat area. SM is not the most social of cam platforms.

“I guess you’re not chatty tonight.”
This part might have been annoying to her, since you also didn't give her much to work with by simply asking hru? ya know? But yeah idk not necessarily banworthy. I try not to do this, though I am often tempted. 😂

Did you do anything wrong? Not reallyyyyy, but if this happened on one of my off moments, I might ban you too. I don't like chatting about anything of substance in free chat at all really, but I also at least say hi to everyone who speaks to me (respectfully) so I don't think it would go down this way. SM performers aren't typically online to entertain in free chat the way that token site performers do. Gold menu, wheel, etc. are the exceptions.

Also, lots of members send hidden chat messages. Just because you don't see anyone speaking in chat doesn't necessarily mean that there's no one else there or no activity in the chat at all. In this case, you said she is just sitting and not typing back so probably not in this situation, but a general SM thing to be aware of.

I’m still trying to navigate everything from tipping the right amount to when to be chatty and when to stay silent.

A model kicked me out of her room last night and I’m not sure what I did. I’m willing to own up and say I made a mistake if people on here think I did.

I’m still trying to figure this out. I’m used to downloading clips and buying custom videos.

I’m on SM last night and notice a model wearing an article of clothing I have a huge fetish for, but don’t see much on SM. It’s the first time I’ve visited this model.

I enter her room and she’s just sitting there staring at the camera. I wait about 10-15 seconds and nothing. No verbal acknowledgment that I entered. She doesn’t write anything.

No one else is in the room chatting with her, so it’s not like she’s ignoring me for others.

I wait about 30 seconds and nothing. So I type “How are you?” Nothing. She doesn’t write back, doesn’t respond verbally. Just stares at the camera.

I wait another 15-20 seconds and I type “you look hot tonight.” Still nothing. Doesn’t write back, doesn’t respond verbally.

Now a minute has passed and nothing. Just stares at the camera and keeps ignoring me.

So I think “maybe she just doesn’t realize I’m here. I’ll wait a little bit and maybe she’ll notice me.”

So about the 2 minute mark she still doesn’t say or do anything but sends me her Gold Menu. This is the first indication I got she even knows I’m in the room. The rest of the time she sits there, staring at the camera.

I admit I was in her room for 2 minutes without tipping. But I was waiting for her to do something, anything to acknowledge I was there. All she did was stare at the screen and ignore me until she kicked me out.

I’m happy to tip and tip well. But the model has to do something. I’m not asking her to flash her breasts or play with herself. I just wanted a “hello” or “how are you?”

Also is it possible she was confusing me with someone else who has freeloaded in her studio? Like I said it was the first time I’ve ever been to her room.

No, I don't think you did anything wrong. You greeted her during your first minute of being in her room, so good on you for doing that. 👍 I know Streamate is one of those sites where members are expected to get right down to business...1) tip or 2) take her private/join the GOLD show, without a whole lot of sitting around and whatnot. But it still seems shitty to me that she decided to assume you're a "freeloader" in that short amount of time you were in her room. Sheesh! I mean, she may have gotten a tip from you if she'd bothered responding to your hello.

By the way, many of us models (I know, because we've talked about this amongst each other) have realized that when we greet a member with "Hi, Riddler!," often times the member will immediately leave without saying a word. Maybe they think Oh, lawd...she's about to ask/demand me to tip. :giggle: Maybe they're shy (But if you're shy, log out and perv in guest mode? 🤷‍♀️). Maybe they have bad manners. But, in some cases, that could be a reason the model isn't greeting you first. They may just be sick of dudes leaving their chat right after saying hi.

I sure wish I had more members like you ACF men who seem to actually appreciate those of us models who greet you by name. It's frustrating to be on cam for three hours, and having everyone except for ONE person actually type something back to you. That was my experience last night on MyFreeCams. Online for three hours. Two hours in, I finally had someone respond to my hello...though he kinda sucked at conversation. Pretty much just "Where are you from? How long have you been doing this?" 🙄

There are times when I get annoyed and tell myself Fuck it...I'll stop greeting people then, unless they greet me first...or unless it's an MFC member I know who's happy to talk to me. But then that just feels "unfriendly" to me, and I wind up going back to greeting people by name - and getting ignored - option. Lol.

I want to echo what @THE MOLLIE MARIE and @yummybrownfox have said about streamate being not as social as some of the other cam sites out there.

Firstly, I don’t think you did anything wrong.

Secondly, Streamate is one of the few private based cam sites out there. That said, streamate models tend to be more Pay to Play and more serious about their time online. If you want any attention or reaction, then you’ll have to tip for it or take her to private or an exclusive. A model could totally be active and talk, but if no one is tipping, that can be very discouraging and the model might log off for a bit.

I am an absolute chatter box, so when my room gets filled with conversation, both public and private messages, I will miss messages from members. It’s never intentional. But for other models who don’t do a thing unless they are tipped, your statement of “I guess your chatty tonight” could absolutely rub a model the wrong way.

I love it when members ask engaging and discussion worthy questions. Like “hey there, do you like EDM or rock music? Can I tip for a song?” Or compliments “hey that lingerie set really compliments your beauty” cheesy but it grabs my attentions and allows for more discussion.

That being said, I understand from a members perspective, especially a member on Streamate, one would be more discerning with whom they tip and spend gold on. $10 is 10 gold to a member on Streamate whereas $10 is 100 tokens on some other sites to a member and a member can tip 1 token without a care.

you did nothing wrong, she was very rude and doesn't deserve any tokens speaking like that. spend your time on someone else and don't go back there lol

-there is nothing to figure out, she had a shitty attitude.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
you did nothing wrong, she was very rude and doesn't deserve any tokens speaking like that. spend your time on someone else and don't go back there lol

-there is nothing to figure out, she had a shitty attitude.

There aren't tokens on Streamate. But yes, I agree that he should spend his time on someone else, or maybe try a token site such as MyFreeCams or Chaturbate. A token site might be more up his alley, actually.

You are didn't do anything wrong and I wouldn't take it personally. It's her hustle, and it's okay if you don't mesh. There are plenty of models on streamate who are more than happy to say hello back.

On streamate most of the traffic is not all that chatty. Sometimes it's not worth initiating the conversation and instead wait for the member to. I always wait for the member to initiate the conversation. Saying hello to every person who enters your room is monotonous. Try saying hello to a room full of people who dont say hello back. It's trying to talk to a brick wall. I can see why some models don't see talking with non-paying members as worth their time and get right to the point.

Another thing is Streamate is very fetishy. There are so many subby members who are into that type of model that won't acknowledge their presence until they pay for it. (Findom)

Try using the search bar if you haven't already to see if anyone you may fancy pops up for that outfit.

If you just want to browse Streamate, do not log In.
Those models on streamate are just straight up rude if you don't tip within a couple of minutes.
That website is now so toxic, I no longer browse it while logged in.
You will also notice that most models do not last very long on streamate , within a couple of months they will be gone because they don't make any money after chasing off many of the viewers.

Reactions: DoD404
Those models on streamate are just straight up rude if you don't tip within a couple of minutes.
You will also notice that most models do not last very long on streamate , within a couple of months they will be gone because they don't make any money after chasing off many of the viewers.
Huh, I find Streamate to actually be a really good site, from both a model and member point of view. It's not a good site for guys who want to watch and demand things for free. Any member that does that regardless of a private or token-based site will be met with contempt.

Just as any other cam site, browse model rooms, view the previews, and engage as you see fit as a member until you find a model that you'd like to spend money on.

Models on Streamate like the site because well for one reason, members there are willing to pay for a show, nudity, play, fetishes, ect. Pay to play, babe. Time is money and that mentality holds true for any cam model. Streamate cuts through the bullshit and is made for more serious paying members, and models like that, so I don't see how that is toxic. It just might not be your cup of tea. But there is no point in hanging around in a model's room asking endless questions, staying minutes on end, or lurking in the chat if you aren't going to be serious about taking a model to a private /exclusive show or at least tipping. No one likes freeloaders or time-wasters, in camming and in any industry, so yeah, kicked or blocked.

I do agree with you that if you want to lurk or browse, do it logged out till you find a model you like, but the downside is you can't converse to see if that model is willing to do the type of show or request you want. You're just simply observing.

This is my opinion, but I disagree with your statement that most models don't last long on streamate. Streamate is regarded as a great site for models to begin with because it helps instill some basic cam modeling concepts plus more, and a lot of models do actually thrive on Streamate.

I always acknowledge people who talk to me on there (unless I'm slamming busy and the type on the screen is moving too fast for me to keep up with). Maybe the site was having glitches (and your first few comments didn't go through/ were not seen), or that's just her thing (like Audri said). Yeah, I don't say Hi to every member who enters my room first. Just because a lot of guys feel pressured and scared by that, when they are just trying to read my profile, and have not decided if I strike their interest yet. But if someone talks to me first I always say Hi back. Maybe you caught a Findom model as people said. Some models cater to only guys w pay to play fetishes, or who wanted to be treated rudely. It's just like a roleplay persona, but it can get confusing for dudes who are not into that and stumble across it without understanding what's going on.

Plenty of the rest of us will say hi, and be polite to you, if you initiate convo in our rooms. As a new member (to our rooms).
I don't think that you did anything wrong. The way you acted was normal.

ETA; Also was wondering if maybe your screen name made her think you were someone else she's been having trouble with. Sometimes weird coincidences happen like that, and as a model, you're convinced it's the same troll whos been bothering you for the whole night. Because sometimes they come back on a new account after you just blocked them, but it's also possible to make mistakes with that. There's probably more to the story than it seems because if a model is truly quiet, it's not in their financial interest to ignore or ban new guys who may potentially buy a show. Or become regulars. So it just seems a bit odd.

Last edited:
OP did you ask how are you, or hru? Because hru even though it’s common on cam sites is IMO 9 times out of 10 a freeloader. Plus we get complimented all the time which rarely converts to tips. People who are serious about our time just tend to get on with asking about what they’re interested in, rather than vanilla chit chat.

but yeah maybe she was just in a pissy mood and you two wouldn’t be a good match anyway.

If you’re serious about taking someone to a private or exclusive (seeing as that’s what most rooms on there are based around rather than free chat) you could always drop 1G here or there to let her know you’re not wasting her time.

I know it’s not tokens but if you’re going to be taking her excl or private anyway then dropping a few dollars beforehand to show her you’re serious from the first interaction will probably make the experience better for you too.

Every site experiences high amounts of new models quitting. This is a hard industry with a high turnover rate. I'm sorry you had bad luck trying to find models you mesh with, but I can assure you it's not toxic. Some streamate models find success (or not) in pushing hard on privates and tips for attention. Totes alright if their hustle isn't your thing. Just move on to another model. If you find yourself getting the same response, it might be you. Text can be hard interpreting the tone, so experiment how you talk and approach models, see if you get a different response.

Lurking before logging in is a good advice, but keep in mind you might be missing out on the complete list of models online. If they have geoblocks, they won't appear listed if browsing acountless. Recommend logging in to view the listings, and view the camroom you want to check out in incognito mode or a new browser type.

Recommend logging in to view the listings, and view the camroom you want to check out in incognito mode or a new browser type.
This is exactly what I've been doing, I open every room In a Inprivate window. And then If I choose to chat with her, I will open her room In a new tab.

While browsing Streamate tonight I discovered a model that I follow on Chaturbate, she only had four viewers on Streamate, and she had 730 viewers on Chaturbate.

I just now checked her streams again before posting this reply, she now has 7 viewers on Streamate, and 7580 viewers on Chaturbate, and she was making a killing receiving tokens on Chaturbate.

I just now checked her streams again before posting this reply, she now has 7 viewers on Streamate, and 7580 viewers on Chaturbate, and she was making a killing receiving tokens on Chaturbate.
Room audiences overall are smaller on SM, yes. Keep in mind that you as a viewer have no way of knowing whether or not there are other viewers in the room though. That room count number they display is not an accurate total of all viewers. Chaturbate lists all viewers in the total right? Logged in and anons? Streamate does not.

Streamate being a private-based site means that the audience in a room will never reach token site levels, because free chat entertainment is not a requirement in the hustle. Number of viewers does not indicate level of earnings, on any platform.

I wouldn't have responded that way, but I could see a very fed-up person snapping, especially after you made a passive aggressive comment.
I get asked "hey hru" about 80 times a day. 99% of guys who open that way don't go anywhere. For some models, too much chatting in public actually slows them down. She was probably already peeved and thought you were one of those.

Move along to another model. ALSO, be direct on there. "Hi, how are you. do you do [insert your fetish here] ?" read the profile. ask questions about what you are looking for.
If you are the sort who needs to chit chat and get to know the model first, tip her a few gold for her time.

Streamate is very different from token sites. Most of the time its innapropriate to loiter there.

Edit: or it could be part of her persona .:haha:

Everyone else already said it much better than I did

This is exactly what I've been doing, I open every room In a Inprivate window. And then If I choose to chat with her, I will open her room In a new tab.

While browsing Streamate tonight I discovered a model that I follow on Chaturbate, she only had four viewers on Streamate, and she had 730 viewers on Chaturbate.

Streamate doesn't have grey/basic users, or show anonymous browsers. If you sign up, you have to include payment information. You aren't seeing the real numbers. We also have a potential viewer numbers we models can see from anonymous viewing so we know there is traffic.

Also more viewers doesn't equal more all the time. If she is working both streamate, and chaturbate, safe to say she is making enough on streamate to tolerate the 30-35% cut.

Tip a single token - put something in the tip note - get the party started =) If tipping and being ignored then ya - find a better model =)
The problem here is that the OP had this situation on Streamate which is a private based site and is far from a token based site.

On some token sites $1 usd is 10 tokens. Whereas $1 usd is 1 gold on streamate. So naturally members on streamate are more likely to tip when they feel the value is worth it. In comparison to token sites, you could tip 1 token and still have 9 tokens left to feel out other models so that one token spent doesn’t feel like much of a loss whereas a 1g is can feel like a loss.

But I agree if you are tipping and being ignored, move along to a model who better suits your tastes.

Side note: camming and tipping is a very direct representation of marginal benefit and consumer consumption in an economic/academic definition. I love seeing it in action!

Maybe you caught a Findom model as people said. Some models cater to only guys w pay to play fetishes, or who wanted to be treated rudely
hum, I don't feel it. If it was the case, she shouldn't ban him so fast and would instead insist a bit more on the point like "I'll talk to you only when you'll be broke" or else, but there, he had even no time to look for his purse and seemed to have no chance to finally tip in her menu.
IMO, she's only a very bad seller
Or she really had a bad day with real freeloaders <-- this, I would rather say if I wanted to be kind with her and definitively not "it's her way to go and she does it well".
In a pvt based room, she should be a little bit more opened to chatting to have a chance to make new clients.

Though I don't like at all when the model initiates the conversation. Even a "hi, hru" sounds like hooking the client in a cam room you visit for the first time, and a chat full of "hi" to clients passing-by with no response looks so desperate that I can't stay there.

Reactions: MarieElise
Though I don't like at all when the model initiates the conversation. Even a "hi, hru" sounds like hooking the client in a cam room you visit for the first time, and a chat full of "hi" to clients passing-by with no response looks so desperate that I can't stay there.

Which really is a shame, because for us models it's like we're "damned if we do...damned if we don't." There are members who will sit there until we greet them first, and there are members like you who don't like it when we greet them, and will probably leave the room...even though we might've been just trying to be friendly.

You are probably missing out on some cool rooms by leaving abruptly like that.

You are probably missing out on some cool rooms by leaving abruptly like that.
I'm sure I'm not, thanks for the advice ^^
OK, some like to be greeted but I don't regret or think I miss anything (cats get along well with cats) it's just not my kink.

Some think that those who don't respond to the model are all freeloaders or rude guys. On the contrary, they should trust a bit more their viewers. You can read in this forum that I'm far to be the only one to think that it's almost rude from the model to not let you the time to really enter. (there is another thread somewhere here speaking of pushy sellers when you enter some shops, and these shops just don't know me)

I'm sure I'm not, thanks for the advice ^^
OK, some like to be greeted but I don't regret or think I miss anything (cats get along well with cats) it's just not my kink.

Some think that those who don't respond to the model are all freeloaders or rude guys. On the contrary, they should trust a bit more their viewers. You can read in this forum that I'm far to be the only one to think that it's almost rude from the model to not let you the time to really enter. (there is another thread somewhere here speaking of pushy sellers when you enter some shops, and these shops just don't know me)

I wasn't talking about "pushy sellers" though. I was talking about cam models who are actually just interacting with you (Many people consider that a good thing...I thought y'all don't like when models are on cam looking bored, staring down at their phone, and ignoring you?), and you making the assumption that their common courtesy is "desperation."

And yes, if you're going to be camped out in a model's chatroom for a while without doing anything at all (especially on a site like Streamate), it's probably common for the model to kick you from the room. It's not like MyFreeCams, where members tend to get away with lurking with their 800 tokens (while not tipping or interacting with her in any way). :p I'd think you'd be better off logging out, and watching the model in guest mode if you're too intimidated at the thought of her talking to you.

But you're a grown man, and I can't tell you what to do. So do what works for you. :)

You can read in this forum that I'm far to be the only one to think that it's almost rude from the model to not let you the time to really enter.

You're right, there's plenty of posts from members telling us how to do our jobs. We all sit at home and take notes about the brilliant ideas of the folks who have little else to do than visit this forum and complain about how models don't do things exactly perfect, according to what they are looking for.

We're too cold, we're too friendly, we look too busy, we don't look busy enough, we're desperate if we dare to speak to the members who enter our rooms, blah blah blah.

Seriously... desperate... LOL.

Which really is a shame, because for us models it's like we're "damned if we do...damned if we don't."
This....Sometimes if I go to a retail store I am just there to browse and pass time, then I tell the staff approaching me that I am just windowshopping, sometimes I am out looking for something specific, then I appreciate guidance.

The same applies to cam sites, I think, and it is not always 'pushy sellers', depending on the room count the model might just be bored and seeking interaction.

One downside to this though, maybe, based solely on my experience on token sites, I have developed a theory that maybe a lot of those users asking for pm in the public chat is actually users that normally get a pm from models when they enter rooms, and when that doesn't happen they get confused.

But you're a grown man, and I can't tell you what to do
This, yes. Thanks, young girl :*

And no, I don't tell *you* what to do and definitively don't give lessons to anyone, I only confirm how this could be perceived for who (like OP) maybe hardly imagine it. I thought it was said just like did other models in this thread and it was addressed originally to OP

hum, I don't feel it. If it was the case, she shouldn't ban him so fast and would instead insist a bit more on the point like "I'll talk to you only when you'll be broke" or else, but there, he had even no time to look for his purse and seemed to have no chance to finally tip in her menu.
IMO, she's only a very bad seller
Or she really had a bad day with real freeloaders <-- this, I would rather say if I wanted to be kind with her and definitively not "it's her way to go and she does it well".
In a pvt based room, she should be a little bit more opened to chatting to have a chance to make new clients.

Yes, she probably had a bad day and should have just logged off before it got to the point she was so quick to be angry.

The rest is a matter of personal taste I guess. You try to please everyone and you end up pleasing no one. So best just to please yourself then. That’s all I got to say on the subject of greeting everyone 🤷‍♀️

If you think someone greeting you is desperate, you might want to stop being so judgmental. You try saying hello to people who won't talk back to you for hours.

LMFAO and here I thought saying “hello” or greeting someone was common courtesy 🤣🤣🤣 not desperation.

I’d rather greet someone and get a conversation started, even if it’s just superficial, than to sit there and say nothing.

By human nature, people are social and like to interact. Members are more likely to leave a cam models room on Streamate if she does not greet or is just silent. Members are also more likely to engage back with models back when they do address them in their room OR when a model is highly active or visibly typing. Again, members are more likely to stay because they see that interaction is happening with other members which means that model is attracting members in some way.

Btw, cam sites are more like window shopping anyways. You browse through rooms till you find something that catches your eye and then you stay a bit to see if you like what you see. There is nothing desperate about models saying hi to members (they are potential customers) but what happens after that initial greeting is up to the model and how you react to it.

If anything, if a model says hi and you dip out of their room, it’s comes across that you have social or buyers anxiety and assume they are going to spam you with tip menus and immediate call to action buying scenarios. So you leave and judge on that without giving that model an opportunity to see if they are a good fit for you. (I say this as a former sales rep and a former cam member with my boyfriend at the time.)

Also to add, the advice and comments that models are giving on this thread, are streamate models.

The op stated that his experience was on streamate.

Streamate is not a token site so it’s not good to compare member and model interactions to ones on a token site.

We only mentioned token sites as an alternative to visit because the interaction and set up is so drastically different on streamate, that it may have been a good alternative to someone who is new to cam sites or they’re interaction style.

Status
Not open for further replies.