AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did I find a big fish or am I getting catfished? HELP

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2021
Hello everyone!

I am brand spanking new to camming! I am a non-nude model. This dude appears to have bought everything on my wish list.

Can he just be scamming me?
Is there a way he could be making it look like he bought stuff and did not? Like if its just in his check out basket?

He is pushing for like private stuff. I am worried he will want more than I am willing to give. I don't care what he offers. I am a non-nude, I am staying a non-nude. I've not even done a private show yet!!!

Tips, advice? Anything. I feel overwhelmed.

Thank you all in advance.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Don't send him anything until you receive all your items first of all. And secondly, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until he does anything to warrant it.

Stick to your boundaries. If he tries holding over your head that he bought you things trying to get you to reveal yourself, I recommend banning him. Don't let someone try to use material items or money to manipulate you.

You can purchase someone's wishlist items, then cancel, so it appears it was purchased I'm pretty sure.

Also if you are doing amazon wishlist, get a PO box for your safety. There are some venders where a buyer can track the package from someone's wishlist. Not trying to scare you, but they can possibly attain your address that way. PO boxes at USPS are $11 a month.

Welcome to camming! Until it's actually arrived and is in your hands assume it's a scam and don't give him anything other than a thank you at the moment. Many members will order off the wishlist, try to get attention or content then cancel everything.

Also since he's pushing you already he clearly sucks and isn't anyone worth keeping around. I promise this: The longer you cam the easier it will be to not be as overwhelmed and telling guys you run the show not them. When I first started years ago I would be worked into an anxious, sick mess dealing with pressuring, rude regulars that paid me well but treated me like complete crap. i now run a super tight ship and don't let anyone get away with thinking they can even break any of my boundries and am a lot happier. It'll get easier and feel less overwhelming.

Assuming Amazon when you say wish list but even if an order is placed, they can be cancelled up until near when things ship. Don't count on anything until it's actually there.

Also, you cannot use the wish list to barter services. It needs to be a gift without any explicit exchange. Along those lines, note that all of your messages both public and pm on all platforms are stored and can be reviewed. If you want to try to work something like that off the record, use some other messaging system to discuss that.

As above, don't put any real information into that account. Pretty much all of it is subject to discovery in some way.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Don't send him anything until you receive all your items first of all. And secondly, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until he does anything to warrant it.

Stick to your boundaries. If he tries holding over your head that he bought you things trying to get you to reveal yourself, I recommend banning him. Don't let someone try to use material items or money to manipulate you.

I think everything above is said, you're in control, but most of all you have boundaries and people must respect that, else they aren't worth your attention. I bought stuff from Amazone also, but never asked anything in return. it's just my appreciation for a model (without having the feeling that tk stick to hands were they don't belong). And if you get any, than enjoy!!

Reactions: AudriTwo
With amazon wishlists, I don't think they even have to make the purchase at all to have it show as purchased, they can just mark that they have bought it elsewhere. Either way, it's very easy to get ripped off with wishlists. As everyone has said, don't believe it until it's in your hands. Even then, don't feel obligated to do shows for gifts. A gift is not payment for services, especially if you didn't agree to that beforehand.

Hey everyone, Thank you all for your input. He was still claiming to be buying additional stuff off my wish list today and was being an ass. I went and checked with amazon and found out there was a setting where they can mark it off as purchased and claim they purchased the item else where. So it was a scam. Amazon helped me turn off that feature going forward. Now I just need to fix my wishlist because I readded everything and its showing that now I have one of all of them but want 2. Hopefully I can fix it because I have that wishlist link embedded on all my social media and it will be a pain to change. But thank you all for your advice. I did not compromise myself by giving away my services or information because of all your input here. This was a great learning experience on so many fronts. Thank you all so much for your support and great input!!!

Firstly, welcome to the camming world and the forum!

I'm a member (not model) and very regularly frequent a certain non-nude model's room. We sometimes discuss the pushy people that constantly try her to break her boundaries. She has mentioned people coming in for as long as a month even and acting all chill, even asking for just chat and no tease in a private every other day... and then wham-- they flip the switch and decide to try and be pushy/rude. Don't let any amount of tokens make you break your code. You'll get a lot of requests to do many things, many of which you don't like. The request itself is standard since people don't always know your limits automatically, but if the person isn't cool with you saying 'no' to something, they simply aren't fit for your room.

Things to consider:
1.) He may be 'rich' and giving you gifts / tokens now. (I'm speaking from a token site perspective aka CB, just since that's mostly all I know.) However, there's almost always a bigger fish that comes along that is richer.
2.) Even if he tips you a lot before hand, once he gets what he wants, there is a good chance he won't tip at all, or he'll tip a lot less.
3.) Even if you're fine with showing him something extra for a price, realize that unless there is some deep level of trust (something hard to achieve on a camsite), you never really know if he is going to share that 'something extra' you did with the rest of the internet, or try and trade it around. For all you know, he may take it and try and turn it around to threaten you with sharing it around. Even if you show him for a crazy price, are you ok with taking the risk?

There are some site differences with non-nude models. For instance, I've heard people tend to be much more chill about it on MFC, but on CB, you tend to get more pushy people. It's something to keep in mind-- there will be a lot of very pushy people, or people complaining, or people even ganging up on you to say what you 'should do' or how you'll never make it. The ban-hammer will probably be used pretty frequently, especially when you start. I frequented the non-nude model's room from the very beginning, and the first two weeks or so were absolutely brutal. I've even been PM'd one time by a random dude trying to say to stop tipping the model so that she'll feel more desperate and feel more pressured to go nude for money. Like seriously, there are all sorts of people out there.

You'll need a thick skin to stick to your guns, but you got this!

Hey everyone, Thank you all for your input. He was still claiming to be buying additional stuff off my wish list today and was being an ass. I went and checked with amazon and found out there was a setting where they can mark it off as purchased and claim they purchased the item else where. So it was a scam. Amazon helped me turn off that feature going forward. Now I just need to fix my wishlist because I readded everything and its showing that now I have one of all of them but want 2. Hopefully I can fix it because I have that wishlist link embedded on all my social media and it will be a pain to change. But thank you all for your advice. I did not compromise myself by giving away my services or information because of all your input here. This was a great learning experience on so many fronts. Thank you all so much for your support and great input!!!

I assume it would be an easy setting to enable/disable, but it may help other models if you give a "how to" disable it so they too can do it and not be taken advantage of.

I assume it would be an easy setting to enable/disable, but it may help other models if you give a "how to" disable it so they too can do it and not be taken advantage of.
Can anyone share the info on how to disable. I have never had this issue but I hear these stories a lot and I want to prevent it.

2. Hopefully I can fix it because I have that wishlist link embedded on all my social media and it will be a pain to change.

Select the item.

Look for where it says "Add comment, quantity, & priority."

Click that link and it will take you to a page where you can change the needs/has numbers.

Welcome to camming.
Everyone has given you great advice.
I just wanted to add that since you are new people are going to try to scam you left and right. They find the new girl and exploit it. This is their ammo. I think we've all been scammed at one point, especially in the beginning. I still don't use Amazon wishlists because I know it's quite easy to get scammed but if I did, I would get PO box for sure.
Good luck.

your room your rules, If you are non-nude stick with that and dont letsanyone make you bend your rules.

I can honestly say its a bit harder to receive tips but with patience you will get your followers who enjoys your company online and some will be more generous than others, but the company will surely be your comfort zone as long as... "your room your rules."

I can guarantee with certainty that he was attempting to scam you into making content for nothing. It is common with Wish lists, which is why many seasoned cam girls don't use them at all anymore.

The best advice I can give to a new model is STICK TO YOUR GUNS. If you decide something, stick by that. You can change your mind, but don't let members even remotely feel like they have power to negotiate your boundaries in any capacity. Even though its inevitable to some degree, make every decision on cam with confidence; and let your interactions with members reflect your confidence too.

If you're unsure about something, just play coy and flirty and tell them you'll get back to them on whatever it is when you have an answer you're confident in/that suits what you want out of it. People see a new model tag and jump on the chance to scam that person out of content and even money. So if something doesn't feel right (or seems too good to be true, MOST times it is), so err on the side of caution until you get your footing. You'll do great!

Status
Not open for further replies.