AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did You Make A Lot of Mistakes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Vega

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 6, 2016
Twitter Username
@TheValVega
I'm on my third week of camming and kind of getting down about all of the mistakes I feel I've made along the way. So I guess my question is: were you all stumbling around for a while until you began hitting your stride? What helped you get there?

• Hugs
Reactions: AliceoftheSKY
Did I make mistakes? Oh, fuck yes.

What helped me make less mistakes? Practice, practice, practice, this forum, and taking notes from others.

You don't get a job and know what you're doing right off the bat, a lot of good things in life take months and often years to perfect. Don't feel like your mistakes are the end of the world. It's just the beginning. Always try your best and give yourself a pat on the back for achieving what you do.

Oh yeah dude. And I still make em pretty darn often. Mistakes happen, just gotta keep your chin up and roll with it.

Reactions: Val Vega
Hell yea. I got a 2week ban on like my first few broadcasts, that def killed the new model status. Some "room helper" reported me, however, I was doing some stuff I shouldn't have been. SHOULD HAVE READ THROUGH ALL OF THE RULES!! I got too close to some and my "nice girl syndrome sunk in." It's still there, but with a "please tip" smile. I let a troll/stalker ruin my cam career for a few months. Really though, he freaked me out. I thought I had to be popular and my show still got recorded over and a girl from school showed me (good thing she wasn't too petty about it lol).

But I learned. That recorded show taught me to put my shirt back on after a few minutes and tease the shit out of them! Those "room helpers" let me know about the scammers to avoid because they'll try to get you banned once you feed into them and then just stop. So just ignore all together. And just let the trolls roll of your back. All before ACF though, and going through that made me do even more research and I found this forum.

Oh and I think I lost a regular the other day. But then again that's his fault for getting jealous. Like, you're not my bf. Back up lol. But I could have handled that situation a little better I think.

I feel like making mistakes is the only way to learn sometimes. Especially in a crazy industry like this one. It's hard to know what exactly you're getting into...until you are already in it! And then, well...you just gotta go with that flow.

Janaury makes 6 years for me and I make new mistakes every week. It's part of the (l)earning process. Mess up, change up, move on, keep hustling.

Just curious here, but what "mistakes" do you believe you've made?

Just curious here, but what "mistakes" do you believe you've made?
Lighting, camera focus, customer service, wrong equipment, bad marketing, etc, etc

I know my main mistake in the start a d I'm still super new just started was my Internet connection and bad cam. I think I probably give to much away. I definitely have a lot of learning to do for sure

Reactions: Bobbie Madison
Oh, my stupid ancient computer! It's gives me all kinds of grief. Thankfully, I have had members that want to hang out with me anyway, tolerate and even try to walk me through how to improve the lag. I think it is preventing some members from sticking around long enough to get to know me though. Gotta prioritize that fix!

Otherwise, I'm sure I'm fucking up all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.