AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Difference in putting model in "bookmark" vs "friend"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I am unsure if this is something obvious or not but to me it doesn't seem like it is.
When I want to "save" a model (follow her), I know to drag her icon to the sidebar, but on that bar is the option to put her in Friends, or Bookmarks.

What is the difference, or what are the main differences?
I assume maybe having someone on your Friend List would possibly give them more "access" to your profile? Or, maybe not? I truly don't know.

If anyone can enlighten me I would truly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

When you bookmark a model it automatically puts them at the top of your Friends list and they are the first person you see on your Page.
I don't know but I don't think it gives them any more "access" to your profile.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I am unsure if this is something obvious or not but to me it doesn't seem like it is.
When I want to "save" a model (follow her), I know to drag her icon to the sidebar, but on that bar is the option to put her in Friends, or Bookmarks.

What is the difference, or what are the main differences?
I assume maybe having someone on your Friend List would possibly give them more "access" to your profile? Or, maybe not? I truly don't know.

If anyone can enlighten me I would truly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
You have settings for who can send you private messages: all members, friends, all models. If you just add a bookmark, you can find them again more easily but they can't PM you like they could if they were a friend, for example.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MrSwoob and NotYou
Upvote 0
You have settings for who can send you private messages: all members, friends, all models. If you just add a bookmark, you can find them again more easily but they can't PM you like they could if they were a friend, for example.

It's a little different than that. By default, PM is open for everyone to PM you. It's up to the member to go into their settings and restrict down who they want to receive PM's from. For myself, I keep it to Friends and Bookmarked models. Though, it does require some management.

Here's how I manage the lists:

Friends: Models and members I add to my friends list. These are typically models I visit regularly, and members I might have PM conversations with. Members can only add members to friends list, not bookmark them.

Bookmarks: If I find a room I want to visit, I'll add the model to the bookmark list. This way, if she wants to PM me, she is welcome to. If it's a model I enjoy, I will leave her on the list until a later time where I might become more of a regular. If it's a room I decide I won't visit again, I remove here. This way, I don't get those "Hei BB! I need tokens, cum visit meee!!!!" PM's.

I had to do this as I was getting spammed via models I'd never visited begging for tokens. Word of note on the friend's list: There is no hiding your online status from anyone who adds you to their friends list, and any member or model can add you without your knowledge/approval.

Recently, I went so far as to remove all members from friends list as I was starting to get a few of them asking me for tokens as well.

There is one key difference I noticed between model friends and bookmarked models. When you go into "Model Notifications", any models who you have in your friends list you can select their name in the drop down menu. If it's just a bookmark, you have to enter the name into the text box. I think there's some other things as well but can't recall of the top of my head.

Reactions: MrSwoob
Upvote 0
It's a little different than that. By default, PM is open for everyone to PM you. It's up to the member to go into their settings
Yeah I didn't elaborate, but by saying "you have settings" means... you can adjust your settings lol.

Reactions: pg240
Upvote 0
I went so far as to remove all members from friends list as I was starting to get a few of them asking me for tokens as well.
Jesus... maybe weren't worthy of "friends" status to begin with. :think:

Upvote 0
Yeah I didn't elaborate, but by saying "you have settings" means... you can adjust your settings lol.

True. For some reason, I read it as without making changes the bookmarked models couldn't PM the same as those on the friend's list.

Jesus... maybe weren't worthy of "friends" status to begin with. :think:

Typical case of act decently, build trust over time, then hit 'em up.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.