AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Different types of banning on MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRISM

Banhammered
Feb 5, 2015
Whats up with the new banning types on MFC, there used to be only 1.

Some rooms ban = no video no chat
Some room bans = video but no chat
Some room bans = no video but chat
And sometimes room bans result in a site wide ignore on the ip for 24 hours.

I sometimes get banned for being AFK too long and having a name the model doesn't like, and i've noticed different things happen.

PRISM said:

I sometimes get banned for being AFK too long and having a name the model doesn't like, and i've noticed different things happen.
You've been banned a lot! It's all coming together now.

PRISM said:

I'm not sure if there's been an update today, but as far as I know there are only two kinds of ban.

One is for 6 hours and another is for 60 days. Both are IP bans.

There is also the beautiful and magnificent "Ignore" feature which means that the model (and her room) wont see your name/chatting/tips/mail at all FOREVER. I love that feature so much.

I have heard some people say before that a ban hasn't taken effect for them until after they leave the room. Like they'll stay in the room but can't get back in if they leave, instead of being straight-up booted. I think I've heard of some of the things that you're talking about (like having one feature but not another) but I think that it might be some sort of error or have another cause.

This is all assuming that they haven't done some update on bans since last night, which was the last time I was online.

So yeah, I think it's likely some sort of error? :dontknow:

EDIT: Just checked and all the ban stuff seems the same, so no update as far as I know!

Also, I'll add this text from our interface to give further clarification:

MFC said:
You can ban guests and members at any time and for any reason.

For guests, the IP address of the guest will be banned. For members, both the IP address and the username of the member will be banned. Banned users will not be able to re-enter your chat room.

By default, bans expire after 6 hours. However, you may select specific bans and extend them for 60 days. You may also Un-Ban members at any time.

JerryBoBerry said:
PRISM said:

Only a few times, but what is "coming together". Its pretty easy to get banned from a room on mfc since when the model goes away and you minimize browser and the model comes back but its a white screen and you don't realize for a few hours that she is back.

There are currently only 2 types of bans model can give out, as well as an ignore and a block.

6 hour ban - can't be in the chatroom nor view her cam
60 day ban - same, just longer, and many models re-do their 60 day ban list to make it permanent, in a sense
Ignore (permanently mutes you from speaking to the model via PM, MFC Mail, Tip notes and you cannot type in her chat room)
Region block (you won't be able to view her profile nor will her chat room be available to you on the homepage)

I have no idea the differences in your experiences, but I'd have to guess maybe it depends on whether you're in the chat room, or in a PM window, or in the Lounge when banned. Outside of that, I don't believe there's a difference or anything done purposefully that would cause these differences.

Edit: Sorry Kaylee I didn't see your post until I had submitted this!

PRISM said:
JerryBoBerry said:
PRISM said:

Only a few times, but what is "coming together". Its pretty easy to get banned from a room on mfc since when the model goes away and you minimize browser and the model comes back but its a white screen and you don't realize for a few hours that she is back.
Sidenote: "its coming together" for me too, in that you don't seem like the ideal MFC member. You have strange ideas about asking girls for personal info, you've hinted that you'd rather use something other than tokens on a model, you have a strange argumentative vibe about you, you leave a girls room open without interacting and get banned frequently enough to keep track of possible glitches.

PRISM said:
JerryBoBerry said:
PRISM said:

Only a few times, but what is "coming together". Its pretty easy to get banned on mfc when the model goes away and you minimize browser and the model comes back but its a white screen and you don't realize for a few hours that she is back.

Whaaa? Why would a model ban you because she went away?

ALSO there is actually an error that is fairly common that will tell a member they are banned, even if they are not. Refreshing and relogging (maybe multiple times) can fix this though! If it doesn't fix it, it's likely you were really banned on purpose. If you truly didn't do anything and think it's an accident, you can always send an MFC mail asking about it (assuming you weren't put on Ignore). I have also had an issue where someone ends up banned when I add them to my Friends List, which is pretty messed up actually. I've had it happen a few times that I have caught or they PM'd me and I fixed it, but I sometimes wonder how many people I REALLY liked that I accidentally banned. (And I am positive I didn't press the wrong button, they aren't directly next to each other and this has happened a bunch of times.)

If you did something wrong though or if she tells you that you were banned on purpose, I would let it go though. I had one guy who INSISTED that he was a victim of the accidental banning even though I told him MANY times that he was banned on purpose for being a douchebag. Don't be that guy!

EDIT: No worries Amber! I think yours was more clear anyway! There's a good chance this thread will be found by people with questions about banning in the future so it's nice to have all of the right information, easy to understand, in one place. I'm glad you mentioned region blocks, too! :-D

AmberCutie said:
PRISM said:
JerryBoBerry said:
PRISM said:

Sidenote: "its coming together" for me too, in that you don't seem like the ideal MFC member. You have strange ideas about asking girls for personal info, you've hinted that you'd rather use something other than tokens on a model, you have a strange argumentative vibe about you, you leave a girls room open without interacting and get banned frequently enough to keep track of possible glitches.

When a model says brb 30 minutes or whatever, I go and do another things like check out some scifi,marketing forums etc. I don't just sit looking at the screen. Sometimes the blank white screen pops up instead of video feed, so I dont hear the audio so I forget about it until a while later.

PRISM said:
AmberCutie said:
PRISM said:
JerryBoBerry said:
PRISM said:

When a model says brb 30 minutes or whatever, I go and do another things like check out some scifi,marketing forums etc. I don't just sit looking at the screen. Sometimes the blank white screen pops up instead of video feed, so I dont hear the audio so I forget about it until a while later.
And if the model knew you/liked you to begin with, she likely would not ban you just for being there later...

Reactions: rexcode and PRISM
It only happens with models I visit for the 1st to 3rd times, other models that I go to regularly never do it.

PRISM said:
These aren't bans. They're site glitches. Happens all the time. Every night. Refresh like the rest of us.

JerryBoBerry said:
PRISM said:
These aren't bans. They're site glitches. Happens all the time. Every night. Refresh like the rest of us.

The site is so glitchy lol, on other cam sites I can put my cpu at .75ghz and chat+watch the video with no problems, but on MFC I have to put it at like 3.5Ghz to prevent it from freezing up sometimes.

The site is so glitchy lol, on other cam sites I can put my cpu at .75ghz and chat+watch the video with no problems, but on MFC I have to put it at like 3.5Ghz to prevent it from freezing up sometimes.

:violin:

I know what Prism is talking about. I've been banned a few times (the whole "talk or I ban you" thing :?) and I've noticed MOST times, I can still watch the model but the chat, my ability to type is gone and I see the red "you don't have permission" notice. I think it's a glitch no one has brought to MFC's attention?

IvyR said:
I know what Prism is talking about. I've been banned a few times (the whole "talk or I ban you" thing :?) and I've noticed MOST times, I can still watch the model but the chat, my ability to type is gone and I see the red "you don't have permission" notice. I think it's a glitch no one has brought to MFC's attention?

I've only been banned a couple of times but I generally had no troubles viewing the feed from a guest account, but generally couldn't see the chat, and certainly couldn't type in chat.

Reactions: PRISM
IvyR said:

I have a troubled past, and can let you know if the model restarts her room you will be kicked all of the way out.

• Funny!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Shaun__ said:
IvyR said:

I have a troubled past, and can let you know if the model restarts her room you will be kicked all of the way out.

It doesn't always work like, because the next day I still can't chat in some of the rooms.

PRISM said:
Shaun__ said:
IvyR said:

It doesn't always work like, because the next day I still can't chat in some of the rooms.
That means you're on ignore after your 6 hour ban wore out.

AmberCutie said:
PRISM said:
Shaun__ said:
IvyR said:

So what does it mean when I blocked from seeing video but can chat?

PRISM said:
AmberCutie said:
PRISM said:
Shaun__ said:
IvyR said:

Cant. Chat. As you said above.

PRISM said:
In cases that you can chat, the consensus seems to be that that's a glitch. Either you weren't banned and just need to refresh like the rest of us (as mentioned, this happens all the time), or you were banned and it didn't quite "take". In the latter case you'll probably find yourself completely blocked on a refresh.

If you get banned and the next day you're able to enter her room but can't chat, it indicates the girl 6-hour banned you AND put you on ignore. Ignore never expires. You will not be able to chat in her room or send her any PMs or MFC mails, but you can watch her video feed.

Reactions: KayleePond
Shaun__ said:
IvyR said:

If I've been banned and am still able to watch the model's feed the next day but there's still the "you do not have permission" notice in the chat section... Is that how the ignore looks? :think: or is that a 60 day ban glitch? (I don't have much experience being banned or put on ignore, so I'm curious)

ETA: I think it is a glitch because it's 60 days later, I guess, and now I can view the model's feed AND chat. But I've always been able to watch her feed.

mynameisbob84 said:
When you're on ignore and "can't chat", how does it work? Is the chat screen just blank? Or does it appear normal for the member, but the model just doesn't see the member?
as far as I know, you still see the chat as normal, as well as the video, but when you hit enter on your own text, it disappears into oblivion.

IvyR said:
Shaun__ said:
IvyR said:

If I've been banned and am still able to watch the model's feed the next day but there's still the "you do not have permission" notice in the chat section... Is that how the ignore looks? :think: or is that a 60 day ban glitch? (I don't have much experience being banned or put on ignore, so I'm curious)

ETA: I think it is a glitch because it's 60 days later, I guess, and now I can view the model's feed AND chat. But I've always been able to watch her feed.

What I was talking about is the after a model bans you and you can still see her feed. If you can watch her the next day it is a glitch.

Reactions: IvyR
Rarely the video is blocked but no " You are banned from this room" comes up instead it just says "Loading Webcam" and it goes on for like weeks no matter if i refresh, and I could still put in text to the chat room. Yet if I go on another browser and don't log in I can see video even though I'm still on same ip. So I end up having to use 1 browser for chatting and another browser for viewing.

PRISM said:
Rarely the video is blocked but no " You are banned from this room" comes up instead it just says "Loading Webcam" and it goes on for like weeks no matter if i refresh, and I could still put in text to the chat room. Yet if I go on another browser and don't log in I can see video even though I'm still on same ip. So I end up having to use 1 browser for chatting and another browser for viewing.

That is an odd amount of dedication to watch a room you've been banned in. :think:

AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
When you're on ignore and "can't chat", how does it work? Is the chat screen just blank? Or does it appear normal for the member, but the model just doesn't see the member?
as far as I know, you still see the chat as normal, as well as the video, but when you hit enter on your own text, it disappears into oblivion.

Ah, I see. It's almost a shame it didn't register for members when they were being ignored. Hours of "why are you ignoring me? why is everyone ignoring me??" would be a glorious punishment for some penis-heads.

mynameisbob84 said:
AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Ah, I see. It's almost a shame it didn't register for members when they were being ignored. Hours of "why are you ignoring me? why is everyone ignoring me??" would be a glorious punishment for some penis-heads.

It used to be that for MFC, the worst feature of ignore is blocking the name of the tipper, an ignored person tipped. It should only block tip notes from being sent to the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.