AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Difficulties with VPN

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2022
lavenderlychee.com
I use Nord VPN, but when streaming, my dropped frames are so bad, I must exit out of my VPN entirely to correct the issue. Basically, my stream is non functional with a VPN on, and we all know how unsafe that is :) is there any other options? I have tried different connections on the VPN, but it just doesn't seem to matter.

If you aren't already, use a light weight application to connect to NordVPN. I recommend OpenVPN.

For the best results, try to use servers in your own city or the closest you can find. If you aren't sure, reach out to NordVPN staff. They can hand pick servers for you that are in your area.

Good luck,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
and we all know how unsafe that is
Is it, really? From what I know it shouldn't be, but I'm far from being an expert on the subject, so I'm asking honestly wanting to learn. Is streaming without using VPN unsafe and how?

Upvote 0
I use Nord VPN, but when streaming, my dropped frames are so bad, I must exit out of my VPN entirely to correct the issue. Basically, my stream is non functional with a VPN on, and we all know how unsafe that is :) is there any other options? I have tried different connections on the VPN, but it just doesn't seem to matter.
Test your "upstream" speed to CB both with and without the VPN here: chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com

Then compare the results to determine how much, if any, throughput throttling by the VPN is occurring to your broadcast.

Upvote 0
Is it, really? From what I know it shouldn't be, but I'm far from being an expert on the subject, so I'm asking honestly wanting to learn. Is streaming without using VPN unsafe and how?
Seems a bit far-fetched to me also. I did make a mistake way, way back when of sending an email to a user with a gmail account. He was able to see what city the IP originated. I switched to protonmail immediately. I also don't email people any more. LOL

I have never had anyone be able to guess my location just from watching my cam.

Reactions: Yep_Nope_Maybe
Upvote 0
Seems a bit far-fetched to me also. I did make a mistake way, way back when of sending an email to a user with a gmail account. He was able to see what city the IP originated. I switched to protonmail immediately. I also don't email people any more. LOL

I have never had anyone be able to guess my location just from watching my cam.
due to privacy laws atm isn't this harder to find out now in places like gmail?

Upvote 0
due to privacy laws atm isn't this harder to find out now in places like gmail?
The Gmail issue is when you use a 3rd party to view/send with it (like outlook), as the metadata will have the origin IP. If you only use gmail from the browser it doesn't report your IP.

• Helpful!
Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.