AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

DLSR Camera big question. HELP

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
Plans has changed and Im still looking for camera. It was about to ordered but we checked that Sony a6400 is not compatibile with lens Sigma 18-35mm f 1.8 (

DIGITAL A 18-35/1.8 DC HSM SONY)- something like that​

Anybody know if its true? How to check it and which cameras (Sony or Canon) will be great for broadcast and will match with that lens? For now this lens is the most important for me so need find camera which will work with it.
I had almost dream set and now this dream is ruined because maybe its not match.
I need your good advice,last time u did it great!

Sorry, but I've found this very confusing and think other members are more helpful.

But from what I see, you might need an MC11 convertor for the lens and costs another £200ish. The A6400 is an E mount, rather than A mount.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I've found this very confusing and think other members are more helpful.

But from what I see, you might need an MC11 convertor for the lens and costs another £200ish. The A6400 is an E mount, rather than A mount.
Wow and this is helpful. But is that converter will make what I need ? I need sony a6400 match to

Sigma 18-35 mm f/1.8​

Upvote 0
Is zoom functionality something you need while streaming? because I feel like it would be cheaper to return the lens and get the sigma 16mm f/1.4 + sigma 30mm f/1.4. You can also use clear image zoom to zoom without a zoom lens.

Upvote 0
Is zoom functionality something you need while streaming? because I feel like it would be cheaper to return the lens and get the sigma 16mm f/1.4 + sigma 30mm f/1.4. You can also use clear image zoom to zoom without a zoom lens.
Good idea. Im just still hesitating between 16mm or 24mm. Main camera will be sony a6400. Zoom is not necessary, blur background (bokeh is necessary).
Or do you know if Canon EOS M50 is good for broadcast? Because I can take this one+ 18-35mm f 1.8. Or sony will be better? And 16 mm or 24?? Hah we start again from the start;D Guys I hope you have enough patience for me hahahahha

Upvote 0
Good idea. Im just still hesitating between 16mm or 24mm. Main camera will be sony a6400. Zoom is not necessary, blur background (bokeh is necessary).
Or do you know if Canon EOS M50 is good for broadcast? Because I can take this one+ 18-35mm f 1.8. Or sony will be better? And 16 mm or 24?? Hah we start again from the start;D Guys I hope you have enough patience for me hahahahha
I don't remember what the price difference was between the two but the a6400 has a slightly bigger sensor which gives you a little more back ground blur (not a significant amount though) and it has better low light performance. It also has much better auto focus

Upvote 0
Its not about zoom . For sure I wont use the 35mm option. Its just about that I cant decide what will look better for broadcast 16 or 24mn haha thats why i chosed this lens because i can swithc 18 and 24 ,you know:) As i said: nice bokeh effect is really important and also the widest angle as possible without loosing nice bokeh. But maybe u will tell me that canon eos m50 is good for stream and then i will take it + my dream lens

Upvote 0
Its not about zoom . For sure I wont use the 35mm option. Its just about that I cant decide what will look better for broadcast 16 or 24mn haha thats why i chosed this lens because i can swithc 18 and 24 ,you know:) As i said: nice bokeh effect is really important and also the widest angle as possible without loosing nice bokeh. But maybe u will tell me that canon eos m50 is good for stream and then i will take it + my dream lens
Yes, the Eos m50 should be fine for streaming.

Upvote 0
Can you check if mc-11 will work woth Sony a6400+

Sigma 18-35 mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art / Canon​

In one place is written a6000,a6500 but nothing about a6400 and in other place guy in youtube showing how good works mc11 with a6400. Im confused
It will work for the a6400, though I wouldn't recommend because some people have autofocus issues using it, and it also is a bit noisy. Won't be too much of an issue if you have a separate mic, but if you use the internal one or an on-board mic it could be an issue.

Upvote 0
It will work for the a6400, though I wouldn't recommend because some people have autofocus issues using it, and it also is a bit noisy. Won't be too much of an issue if you have a separate mic, but if you use the internal one or an on-board mic it could be an issue.
Ok so i chose sony a6400+ 24mm f 1.4 But can you give me full name for proper lens?Because Isee many lenses :some are for full frame and some for not full frame cameras. I need that one which will work with my sony a6400 without converter

Upvote 0
Ok so i chose sony a6400+ 24mm f 1.4 But can you give me full name for proper lens?Because Isee many lenses :some are for full frame and some for not full frame cameras. I need that one which will work with my sony a6400 without converter
What you want to pay attention to is the mount. For Sony mirrorless cameras usually it will specify E-mount in the name or somewhere in the description. Any lens that is for Sony E-mount will work on the a6400, even if it is full frame.

Brands will distinguish their lens differently, for Sony lenses full frame will have FE in the name, while APSC will have E. For Sigma lenses full frame will have DG DN in the name, while APSC will have DC DN in the name.

You can use this site to search for lenses, I put in filters already to narrow it down to lenses that will work for the a6400. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=17912&fct=fct_lens-mount_3442|sony-e-mount+fct_lenses-kits_7315|lenses-only+fct_lens-type_3446|wide-zoom+fct_a_focus-type_5738|autofocus+fct_a_features_3448|f-2.8-or-faster+fct_lens-type_3446|wide&N=4196380428
I've never used it to buy a lens, but I find it useful for seeing all the available options.

Also I still recommend the Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 because it is significantly cheaper than the Sigma 24mm.

Upvote 0
What you want to pay attention to is the mount. For Sony mirrorless cameras usually it will specify E-mount in the name or somewhere in the description. Any lens that is for Sony E-mount will work on the a6400, even if it is full frame.

Brands will distinguish their lens differently, for Sony lenses full frame will have FE in the name, while APSC will have E. For Sigma lenses full frame will have DG DN in the name, while APSC will have DC DN in the name.

You can use this site to search for lenses, I put in filters already to narrow it down to lenses that will work for the a6400. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=17912&fct=fct_lens-mount_3442|sony-e-mount+fct_lenses-kits_7315|lenses-only+fct_lens-type_3446|wide-zoom+fct_a_focus-type_5738|autofocus+fct_a_features_3448|f-2.8-or-faster+fct_lens-type_3446|wide&N=4196380428
I've never used it to buy a lens, but I find it useful for seeing all the available options.

Also I still recommend the Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 because it is significantly cheaper than the Sigma 24mm.
Wow I se also 20 mm lens. Maybe that will be sometuing between 24mm and 16mm. Its good? It makes also bokeh effect?

Upvote 0
Wow I se also 20 mm lens. Maybe that will be sometuing between 24mm and 16mm. Its good? It makes also bokeh effect?
It's all subjective, you won't know until you try it for yourself. If I were you I'd buy a cheap used kit lens, the 16-50mm, and use that for a little bit to determine the focal length you want to use for streaming. It's relatively inexpensive to buy and can easily be resold. Once you know the focal length you want that's when I'd pick a lens to buy. This would save you a lot of money if you end up preferring 16mm or 23mm, as you can buys those lenses for a good price, whereas you can only get a 20mm at f/1.4 on full frame, so you end up paying a lot more money.

Upvote 0
It's all subjective, you won't know until you try it for yourself. If I were you I'd buy a cheap used kit lens, the 16-50mm, and use that for a little bit to determine the focal length you want to use for streaming. It's relatively inexpensive to buy and can easily be resold. Once you know the focal length you want that's when I'd pick a lens to buy. This would save you a lot of money if you end up preferring 16mm or 23mm, as you can buys those lenses for a good price, whereas you can only get a 20mm at f/1.4 on full frame, so you end up paying a lot more money.
But I had in the past canon + 18-55 f 2.8 and 50 mm f 1.8. I know that 50mm is toooooooo close. 18 was good but with 2.8 depth bokeh was shitty. I think i will take 16mm because i was reading that in crop cameras (not full frame) 16mm is like 24mm in full frame. So if i would take 24mm it woulb be closer to full frame 35 so will be too close

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Upvote 0
But I had in the past canon + 18-55 f 2.8 and 50 mm f 1.8. I know that 50mm is toooooooo close. 18 was good but with 2.8 depth bokeh was shitty. I think i will take 16mm because i was reading that in crop cameras (not full frame) 16mm is like 24mm in full frame. So if i would take 24mm it woulb be closer to full frame 35 so will be too close
@Nigerian Prince what you will say about Sony A7 II? Is not so expensive full frame camera.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say THANK YOU everybody for your big help and advices, especially for Nigerian Prince. Sony a6400+ 24mm f 1.4 is the best combination. Im in love with my new equipment, im getting familar with new options and so happy. Focus is great, many options to play with colors and blur level is WOW. THANKS PEOPLE!

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.