AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do I have any rights to my accounts?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2020
Hi I have been camming for a couple years and a studio in the country where I live (eastern europe). It took me some time to realize they have been very unfair and restrictive to us and now I have save enough money to leave and work at home. Do I have any right to my accounts on the many cam sites where I worked? They don't tell us the passwords and log in for us for this reason. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I think it depends on the camsite and their policy. If I'm not mistaken, on MFC their policy is the studio owns the accounts and the models would need to create a new account when they leave that studio. I've seen more than a few models do that, and they usually create a name similar to their old. The downside is that the model loses her camscore and contact list. But, if her followers know of her leaving they'll find her.

There was a thread with a similar discussion on this, and I think someone said that certain sites allow the models to recover the accounts. But, I forget which one.

I follow a model who left her studio. For some reason she was able to keep her account at MFC, but not the one on Chaturbate and Stripchat. So yes, depends on the studio.

Reactions: mike_aussie
I follow a model who left her studio. For some reason she was able to keep her account at MFC, but not the one on Chaturbate and Stripchat. So yes, depends on the studio.
That's because you cannot create new accounts on mfc from what I believe. Also mfc doesn't allow studios anymore. Those two factors are probably why she didn't get a new account on mfc.

---
@EvaBella You are probably going to start fresh if your studio won't even allow you to know your own password. Pick a name close to your cam name. Some past studio models keep their first but change their last to something similar. Your regs will recognize from your profile photo or camsna. It's gonna be a grind but going independent is gonna be huge difference than being in a studio. You'll get the full % paid out, and you will be your own boss. You will no longer have to answer or maybe listen to them.

Good luck. ❤️

Last edited:
i am just a user (mainly on cb) but i am sure its very restrictive how this is handeled by the studios, because they want to earn from "their" models longterm, and it starts to pay off when they finally have build up their "name" and generated some decent room-traffic from regulars. thats the only reason i see so many models (especially from EE or SA) still (need/forced to ?) work in a studio, even after +/- years when they already reached some higher 5 digit follower-counts and already seem to recive some decent amount of tips within their daily shifts... in my opinion most of those models should already have trespassaed a point where they would be doing much much better on their own, if they would also get the cut which the studio will take away from them... but they seem to not do it because they will probably need to start over again under a new name from scratch, thats the only reason this makes any sense to me...

if i would be a studio owner myself, it makes sense profitwise. maybe if a model would really want to leave my studio i maybe would try to charge her a bespoken amount to release the "accountname" to the model, based on the earning-history of the account or just a flat fee...

while in the beginning working in a studio seem to be a very good thing for most of the models, because they have no costs and everything technically is cared about, the more time and energy will be invested, the more potential payout you will loose in the long run...

idk just my 2 cents, wish you good luck, hopefully somebody else got some helpful advice.

Reactions: anabeauty37
I have a studio myself now after beeing independent model lots of years . No, you dont have any rights to your account. All the studious are creating studio account and add your page on it . so the page belong to the studio owner you just work on that page of him. when u leave you start new life, new nick name .

That's because you cannot create new accounts on mfc from what I believe. Also mfc doesn't allow studios anymore. Those two factors are probably why she didn't get a new account on mfc.

---
@EvaBella You are probably going to start fresh if your studio won't even allow you to know your own password. Pick a name close to your cam name. Some past studio models keep their first but change their last to something similar. Your regs will recognize from your profile photo or camsna. It's gonna be a grind but going independent is gonna be huge difference than being in a studio. You'll get the full % paid out, and you will be your own boss. You will no longer have to answer or maybe listen to them.

Good luck. ❤️
true, i also dont give pasword to the models , the pw is saved when they loggin . but even if they got pasword they cand do nothing , becouse is a page atached to the studio account . about nick name yes can make similary maybe few really intrested guys will look for , but in case she got a hugee number of folowers, to start from zero is kind of imposible this days . especialy on chaturbate . depends wich sites she was working on. I did test myself , i got almost 500k folowers on chaturbate and usually around 1000 userss in my room staying on first page, i open new account last week, was on and i had 20 users in the room moslty greys.. so yes, to start new accounts on chatyrbate now is imposible to make same money like an old account , making and to grow it.

i am just a user (mainly on cb) but i am sure its very restrictive how this is handeled by the studios, because they want to earn from "their" models longterm, and it starts to pay off when they finally have build up their "name" and generated some decent room-traffic from regulars. thats the only reason i see so many models (especially from EE or SA) still (need/forced to ?) work in a studio, even after +/- years when they already reached some higher 5 digit follower-counts and already seem to recive some decent amount of tips within their daily shifts... in my opinion most of those models should already have trespassaed a point where they would be doing much much better on their own, if they would also get the cut which the studio will take away from them... but they seem to not do it because they will probably need to start over again under a new name from scratch, thats the only reason this makes any sense to me...

if i would be a studio owner myself, it makes sense profitwise. maybe if a model would really want to leave my studio i maybe would try to charge her a bespoken amount to release the "accountname" to the model, based on the earning-history of the account or just a flat fee...

while in the beginning working in a studio seem to be a very good thing for most of the models, because they have no costs and everything technically is cared about, the more time and energy will be invested, the more potential payout you will loose in the long run...

idk just my 2 cents, wish you good luck, hopefully somebody else got some helpful advice.
you are right . me as independs model and also now owner of studio i can see both point of views . As a model yes i understand girls wanna work alone, but as u said now is hard to start from zero maybe imposible to make half of the money they doing on the old accounts . As a studio owner i tell you noone will give them the page , at least in my case i put a lot of effort to teach them, i dont have life anymore, sitting and watching them the whole time they on , telling them every 5min what they should do how to act what to say etc , i kinda work side by side with them , then she learn and go but she want my page also . Plus, the page as u said is big now, making money, this model go, u just replace with next model who wanna make money . for studio is easy to bring a model that u can offer something , account with lots of folowers . from zero they can start home no need studio .. why they would give a strong account who is making lets say 100$ per hour , wich was from the beginnig the owner account, when simply bring the next girl to make money on it and grow it even more . A girl from my studio just left last month even if she was making 10000$ on my strong account for being on 3. 4 hours a day. so yes, now i look for next model who wanna make good money on my studio account , again to train her and make her good model .

• Helpful!
Reactions: JustALurker
Also if you working on livejasmin or streamate, all the owners of studios got deal with this sites, every model who is leaving cant open an independent account for the next 6 months.

Also if you working on livejasmin or streamate, all the owners of studios got deal with this sites, every model who is leaving cant open an independent account for the next 6 months.
Depends on the studio. There are streamate studios that aren't POS and will allow models to go independent with no time period.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Depends on the studio. There are streamate studios that aren't POS and will allow models to go independent with no time period.
i see., i dont work on streammate but i have a friend crying that she worked only 1 week in a studio and now stream told her to wait 6 months till she can open independent ..

i see., i dont work on streammate but i have a friend crying that she worked only 1 week in a studio and now stream told her to wait 6 months till she can open independent ..
Yeah, that sucks. But studios like Boylen Models offer no time frame on releasing accounts.

That's why it's very important to read the model agreement before signing up with a studio.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hi I have been camming for a couple years and a studio in the country where I live (eastern europe). It took me some time to realize they have been very unfair and restrictive to us and now I have save enough money to leave and work at home. Do I have any right to my accounts on the many cam sites where I worked? They don't tell us the passwords and log in for us for this reason. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Actually it depends of the site each site has it's own politic toward a model leaving her studio, if the studio has a no return accounts policy

-Chaturbate don't give back any model accounts (through they don't forbid you to create new ones)
-Same for LiveJasmin
-Same for stripchat
-CamSoda does the same, they also have a 90 days hold period where you cannot stream if you're studio account has been closed
-Same for Streamray
-Streamate has the same policy as CamSoda, but 6 months hold
-Flirt4Free is the most pro studio site, it's basically impossible to take back your account, or stream there before your account has been closed for inactivity.
-MFC usually return the account to the model

If you speak russian check Chaturbabe channel in telegram. She has a step by step instruction about what to do/write to each site support, you'll probably lose your accounts, but you can recreate them without the hold time. If you don't I can do a short translation of her guide if you wish.

I took the worst case in all the situations
That's not a useful generalization though. Without stating that it was a "worst case" in all situations, and presenting it as just a fact of how certain sites work, you discourage people from looking at their particular studio's agreements. Obviously if someone is looking for information on this they need actual information on it and not generalizations presented in a misleading way.

Reactions: AudriTwo
That's not a useful generalization though. Without stating that it was a "worst case" in all situations, and presenting it as just a fact of how certain sites work, you discourage people from looking at their particular studio's agreements. Obviously if someone is looking for information on this they need actual information on it and not generalizations presented in a misleading way.
This isn't related to the studio agreement. Any studio can block a model account for the hold period, sites do not not ask for a copy of the agreement. THe studio can have an agreement that gives them lifetimes rights on model's image (like shark studios lol), this is dead letter text.

On another hand a studio may have an agreement that allow the release of model account, and still ask the sites for the hold period. Just because some admin or owner didn't liekd the way the model left the studio, saw a lot of cases like that. Yes you can sue the studio in theory, in reality I never heard about any case of trial around model accounts.

So overall studio agreement < Site Tos. And you need to read and knew both of them anyway.

Yes, I should have precised that the hold period isn't automatic and only at the studio demand, but Idk how this forum work, i cannot edit my post anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.