AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do misleading tags and bio information actually work?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the original question - I'm also doubtful that miss-tagging actually works/brings viewers and tips, but plenty of performers are doing it. In my opinion tagging should have a community feedback component (e.g. upvote/downvote a tag for a performer as an indicator whether it seems appropriate or not) and based on that feedback either show/don't show or at least make that additional feedback available to Chaturbate users up front. Performer tagging from a viewer point of view (pun intended) should also be plentiful and not restricted to 5 tags at most - viewer suggested tags and upvoting/downvoting based on appropriateness of the tag make sense here too.

Long story short - since I have my gripes with the Chaturbate tagging system, working on improving the tagging on CB Explorer with the features and improvements listed above - want to suggest tags for a Chaturbate performer on CB Explorer? Now you can! :party:🏷️

This is completely from a user perspective; so "grain of salt" etc maybe .

People (quite rightly) talk of camming being a business, surely no business builds clientele via dishonesty or misleading advertising.

If I go to a restaurant and order (and pay for) wagyu steak, and am served slabs of grilled tofu, I am not going to be pleased, nor am I ever going to return to that restaurant. (OK so maybe that is not an example of misleading tags).

Wait.. How about:-

I go to a restaurant that advertises steaks and all sorts of carnivorous delights, when I travel across town to take up my table, I discover that in fact the establishment is a den of rabid veganism. If I am hungry enough, I *might* order something, but I would never return. However in a cam room, if I go to a room after checking out their hashtags, and find that none of them seem accurate, or may even be dishonest, I will not tip, *and* I will never return.

Status
Not open for further replies.