AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do progressive schools care if their teachers cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2018
We have all read a ton of horror stories about teachers getting fired from their jobs after their involvement in the webcam industry was discovered. But realistically, what would you guess is the probability of any given teacher with a camming past being "found out" and fired? Also, is it possible that schools in more progressive cities might approach this discovery with more tolerance, and not immediately call for termination of employment?

We have all read a ton of horror stories about teachers getting fired from their jobs after their involvement in the webcam industry was discovered. But realistically, what would you guess is the probability of any given teacher with a camming past being "found out" and fired? Also, is it possible that schools in more progressive cities might approach this discovery with more tolerance, and not immediately call for termination of employment?

Schools bow to pressure. Regardless of the school stance they are usually forced to buckle under public pressure due to fact 'kids' are the most protected class for humanity. The ability to get caught is high but the problem is the ability to be blackmailed is even higher. Your very students can blackmail you with zero consequence in some situations. We live in a world were accusation alone calls for the death penalty.

With cancel culture at it's current golden age I wouldn't be near a sex related industry if I had any responsibility around children, because people won't stop till you slit your wrists and probably will continue to kick your corpse after.

Regardless of the school stance they are usually forced to buckle under public pressure due to fact 'kids' are the most protected class for humanity.
I disagree, I think the most protected class are rich white men. :D

On a more serious note unless the country that the teacher lives in has some very strict labor laws that protects the teacher he or she is going to get fired.

Must not get the whore juice on children. It's acidic.

Since you didn't specify which type of school, at a college or university I could eventually see this not being a problem, especially since there are so many who currently cam to pay for their education. In the future, it will be harder to find someone who hasn't, especially with education being as expensive as it is. Blackmail could be an issue still, but that kind of thing could be handled by the law.

Any job that involves minors however, I don't think think it will ever be be deemed socially acceptable for someone to have once cammed. There are many who associate any facet of the adult industry with the worst of the worst of sexual exploitation and that's doesn't seem to be something that will change any time soon.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
As somebody with friends who are teachers, nowadays they even have to keep their social media on lockdown, in case they say something that could be viewed the wrong way. You never know what a parent is going to latch onto, and make your life hell over. Once the media gets involved, most schools would end up pushing a teacher out. The media loves a "scandal".

I have a friend who was a dancer before she went to school for teaching. She has been teaching now for 5 years, and it has never gotten brought up, but she constantly worries that a parent might recognize her, even though she danced over an hour away from where she teaches, and before she even went to school for it. She's also in a liberal area, but you never know what can happen.

I still teach online for a university for one course. They are aware about camming including the dean and president of the school. After a bunch of shit happened I still teach. If you’d like to hear the details and all of that please feel free to message me.

I do want to say for those reading this that it was not easy, I am still majorly judged, and I can lose the job super easily. I do think my history with the school, community, and my majors played a large roll on this. I also want to say they will not allow me to teach on campus anymore either.... even though my picture is still online.

I still teach online for a university for one course. They are aware about camming including the dean and president of the school. After a bunch of shit happened I still teach. If you’d like to hear the details and all of that please feel free to message me.

I do want to say for those reading this that it was not easy, I am still majorly judged, and I can lose the job super easily. I do think my history with the school, community, and my majors played a large roll on this. I also want to say they will not allow me to teach on campus anymore either.... even though my picture is still online.

Yeah because if they allowed you to teach on campus the students may be majorly corrupted by the sexy camgirl, right? *sigh* It's ridiculous how we are treated by mainstream society.

Yeah because if they allowed you to teach on campus the students may be majorly corrupted by the sexy camgirl, right? *sigh* It's ridiculous how we are treated by mainstream society.
Actually it was more for my safety. It’s a longer story and I am not completely upset with how it played out. I don’t think I should have had to deal with any of it but I had a surprisingly large amount of support from my departments. I do think I have a unique situation and I wish it wasn’t a problem overall.

Parents get absolutely batty about kids and teachers. When I was in high school some parent got a wild hair up their ass and raised a stink because the two English teachers weren't teaching the exact same lessons every day, and therefore it was "unfair" that their child wasn't getting the same education as the kids in the other class. The school caved and passed a policy that any class taught by multiple teachers must be taught as identically as possible. My hometown is pretty liberal, but it's also hella gentrified since my early childhood - it went from a farm town to a town full of soccer moms who won't take their SUV's down the gravel so fast I got whiplash. And those soccer moms are definitely the "can I talk to the manager" types who would not stand for their children being taught by an ex-sex worker. They raised such a stink when they discovered that one of the art teachers smoked pot in his free time (I thought that was a prerequisite for the job?) that he had to resign.

Many of the teaching jobs have contract clauses based on morality and social media aka they cannot do anything that would put a negative light on the school or they can be fired.

Many of the teaching jobs have contract clauses based on morality and social media aka they cannot do anything that would put a negative light on the school or they can be fired.
This is true, but it is dependent on your school and the school politics of what is defines as immoral. This was brought up when my issues came up.

Reactions: Danigirl
Just saw on the news about a teacher in long island, new york who was recently fired because a student found a topless selfie of her from years ago. The teacher had sent the selfie to someone she was dating, the article didnt say how the student obtained it, but it wasn't a photo that was all over the internet. The school said she is not a good role model for children and let her go. She is currently sueing for 3 million. It's a public school district, I always thought New York was more of a liberal place.

It's a public school district, I always thought New York was more of a liberal place.

It doesn't matter how "liberal" an area is, they pretty much HAVE to fire a teacher if they get caught doing anything. Even the most liberal areas have that one parent who will raise a STINK about it.

Reactions: Sillykitty
I always thought New York was more of a liberal place.

I agree with Saffron...I am not saying it will always be this way. But it is the way it is now.

Also...Thinking New York is a more liberal place is just a stereotype. Esp when you look at the state and not just the city. This took place nowhere near the city. (which is not all liberal anyway).

New York is pretty centrist in practice. NYC alternates dem and republican mayors and we have dem and republican senators. Older New Yorkers still remember democratic promises of the 80's that ran the city down and the republican that revitalized downtown. Upstate have been hearing promises from both parties to help it out and never happens. The New York teachers union is definitely NOT purely liberal being at odds with the dem mayor about charter schools and testing practices.

New York is pretty centrist in practice. NYC alternates dem and republican mayors and we have dem and republican senators. Older New Yorkers still remember democratic promises of the 80's that ran the city down and the republican that revitalized downtown. Upstate have been hearing promises from both parties to help it out and never happens. The New York teachers union is definitely NOT purely liberal being at odds with the dem mayor about charter schools and testing practices.

I agree with literally all of this.

I think our voting record pretty much speaks for itself.

Edit: To add that I would argue that the city as a whole was pretty run down by the time the 1980s rolling in...as is evident by almost declaring bankruptcy in the 70s.
Also--sorry for getting off topic hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.