AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you charge for privates?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluraa

Cam Model
May 16, 2019
United States
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@Aluramoonbeam
MFC Username
Aluraa_
Hi, I'm semi new and get asked a lot how much I charge for privates. I currently don't but I understand that if i keep growing I might have to to make it worth while. I'm wondering if any of you charge, and if so, how much and why or why not?

I'm not quite sure I understand either, but you should always be charging money/tokens for your time. You're valuable and any private time you give you should be requiring they pay, that's how we make our money

Upvote 0
If you mean like, requiring someone to tip before taking you private, some models do that and some don't.
If your public room is busy and going private would disrupt that, I can see charging an extra fee to actually start one as being useful.
If they're a first time customer, and you want to make sure they're not going to take you private for like 2 minutes and waste your time, then again yeah charging beforehand would make sense.
If you dont think the $2/min charge is enough for your time I also think charging beforehand would be a good idea.

Some models do, some don't. I've seen models charge anywhere from 100tk to 500tk for the chance to take them private - on top of their per minute fee. It really depends what you want to do. It's not required and you dont have to do it. You could also change your mind day-to-day. Your room, your control!

Upvote 0
I think they're talking about a token amount before going private to offset how they might need to spend quite a bit of time rebuilding their room count after going private. This is usually something a model that allows privates to take place during a larger countdown toward a public show might decide to do.

As for an answer: Up to you. How much is rebuilding worth to you? If you expect to make x amount per hour from a busy room and know it takes y amount of time to rebuild decide what that's worth to you. If you feel like it's something you need to offset then do it.

Upvote 0
If your public game is strong, going private has to cover the cost of lost time. And also how ever long it takes for your room to recover.
There are also models who have a strong private game. And they're making most of their tokens from privates.

From what I've seen, lots new models start off at a min of 500 tokens for a show. No up front tokens. They get an up front agreement on what the show is and how it's going to end. Along with how many tokens your going to spend; so they can pace the show accordingly. Usually the shows starts off with a strip tease, or just going slow, basically padding the first couple of minutes. Bailing screws the viewer over more then the model.

I can't speak for any one else, but i'm always paying attention to how a model delvers from their tip menu. If they're responsive, making a show for their tips, that's usually a good sign for privates. If a model is forgetting people's tips, slow to respond to tips, trying to skip tips, having to be reminded that you tipped, then i'm worried they'll be doing the same thing in private. And probable won't ask about privates.

Reactions: Aluraa
Upvote 0
In my experience, there are fewer models who ask for a pre tip than don't. As mentioned, it all depends on how busy your room is, and how many privates you want to take in a shift.

As I understand it, there are some things you can put in place on MFC such as minimum token amount a member needs to have before requesting a private. It isn't a pretip, only a means of ensuring they have tokens so they don't waste your time by two minute privates.

You can also set rules such as they need to be scheduled in advance. Or, True privates only (80 tkns/min).

Most models get a feel for how busy their room is, and token flow. Some won't do privates if the room is flowing well, others don't care and take privates any time.

In all the privates I have done with models, I always tried to not request them when her room was flowing well. I would ask and let her decide when she wanted it. Other times, I have had models I frequent regularly ask me if I wanted to go private with her..

Hopefully some ideas for you. :)

Reactions: Sevrin
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.