AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you enter camming contests?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Some sites will have contests throughout the year for models. I know Chaturbate will do a few, for example usually a Halloween one, and right now they are holding one for dancing in a costume (christmas presumably?).

I was curious, how many of you and how often do you enter the contests? Will you enter depending on what the contest is and what you need to do, or will you enter based on what you can win? Or is there something else that decides the reason/s for you entering?

Not really considered a camming contest, but I would've loved to enter ManyVids' "Show us your talent" (Or whatever the exact wording was) contest back in 2020, but I had missed the deadline. Otherwise I would've submitted a video of me singing some Mary J. Blige. I submit a photo for their Wednesday contests sometimes, if I have a photo that fits the current theme. I feel that the 'Best Pic' category is judged a little more fairly (Because it's judged by MV staff), and that it's the category that us not-so-popular models actually have a chance at winning.

I don't like this "Vote for me, and I'll give you videos" stuff that goes on there to influence votes, which is why I really only bother with it for the 'Best Pic' category (Judged by MV staff). And it's a nice attempt to get more eyeballs on my MV store, and it's fun seeing my pic up there in the contest list. :)

Reactions: NotYou
Some sites will have contests throughout the year for models. I know Chaturbate will do a few, for example usually a Halloween one, and right now they are holding one for dancing in a costume (christmas presumably?).

I was curious, how many of you and how often do you enter the contests? Will you enter depending on what the contest is and what you need to do, or will you enter based on what you can win? Or is there something else that decides the reason/s for you entering?
They're stupid gimmicks, I kinda hate them. Sometimes the Streamate contests with leaderboards are fun but they usually coincide with some site-breaking bugs and weird changes to traffic that makes the whole thing so stressful it's hardly worth it. I've placed high and won some nice prizes in a few but I take them on a case by case basis and see how worth it they'd be to me before I bother.

The ones on larger sites like Chaturbate just seem like a total waste of time, the prizes aren't ever very tempting and the chances of winning or placing are essentially nonexistent unless you've already got a massive established following, so the same people will just keep winning over and over. It just seems like a pointless carrot to dangle in front of people and I don't like being manipulated that way.

i personally hate competitions. It turns me off so much I avoid them. I'm a top/established/popular model, I know I can place well if I try, but I can't. It kills all my motivation and makes me hate work. On top of that streamate is always glitch city during which adds to stress.

Sometimes the Streamate contests with leaderboards are fun but they usually coincide with some site-breaking bugs and weird changes to traffic that makes the whole thing so stressful it's hardly worth it.
Streamate's Liz told me the site does their updates and maintenance during their contests/bonus weeks. I kept reporting a glitch where I could not start gold shows during a contest I was trying to place in and support kept blaming me or avoiding the issue. So I went to her. Turns out it was because of maintenance. After that I stopped doing contests. I hated them to begin.

I of course will cheer on the sidelines for people working contests. It's not worth it for me.

Last edited:
It's December, and getting people to stream online can be an endeavor, especially if your website maintains relationships with studios. This is why an extra incentive is pampered, especially in a certain website with a very red kind of branding (cough cough, not Streamate). With that being said, the aim of the contests is not to evoke competition, but to seem less empty on the homepage on Christmas. These are my two cents anyway.

Reactions: NotYou
Being in a contest week its fun but damn exhausting. It's fun because ure earning a bonus or something but on another side it's like ure struggling for some extra money 1 week and then ure dead tired for the next 2 weeks and honestly its not worth it. For me, im trying to stream at least 5 days a week, having the same schedule....If it is to win something on a contest, yeah it's good but i'm not willing to destroy myself and half of the month to not be able to stand up from bed!

I have contest trauma. They are horrendous for poor traffic and site glitches. Most models I've talked to have a really hard time and struggle contest weeks with the stress. These contests benefit the sites only, and the members who get cut-rate deals from models trying to place, they do not benefit the model in the slightest. Even the highest-scoring models don't seem to benefit much, they just break even w the prizes, from what they would make on a regular week when things were not FUBAR.

My average hourly is usually cut in half (at a minimum) contest weeks, and has been as low as 25% of usual during recent contests. So, I'm mainly sitting out, to get content and other stuff done. It's not worth the mental trauma, which quickly affects me physically. No thanks.

Imagine working your job like regular, but never knowing when you were randomly going to get a huge pay cut for a week, sometimes nearly 2 weeks a month. It's super stressful. Models lose out, everyone else benefits. That's why it keeps happening to be honest.

Plus I actually make more for the month, months that I sit out of contests. Every time. Contests are traumatic and knock me off my roll really bad, sometimes for very long periods of time. Yeah, double no thanks.

Last edited:
I work on LJ - and most of the contents are not necessarily viewed as a competition. You have to fit in specific criteria such as hours online in order to win. So yeah, I am totally going for them, at least on LJ they are a good way to earn some extra money. But for example on F4F contests are impossible to win. You gotta fight with the models who have been on the platform for years.

I work on LJ - and most of the contents are not necessarily viewed as a competition. You have to fit in specific criteria such as hours online in order to win. So yeah, I am totally going for them, at least on LJ they are a good way to earn some extra money. But for example on F4F contests are impossible to win. You gotta fight with the models who have been on the platform for years.
As I said, The Red Army wants to have models online during the holidays, and the studios need an incentive too:)

Reactions: MonaMonet
Status
Not open for further replies.