AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do You Greet Everyone Who Comes In?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Buck

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 10, 2012
Seattle
Twitter Username
@rbeccabuck
Chaturbate Username
theloyalbuck
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/96418/Rebecca-Buck/
Topic pretty much says it all. Ladies: Do you greet everyone who comes into your room/free chat? Do people tend to stick around if they're greeted? Or do you let them say hi to you?

I myself tend not to say anything because I fear I might 'scare' them away or something. But lately on SM and even on MFC I wonder if maybe I should say hello to some people who I notice lurking for a few minutes.

And I guess to the guys: Do you like to be greeted first? Or would you rather be the first to say hello?

NovaNirvana said:
Topic pretty much says it all. Ladies: Do you greet everyone who comes into your room/free chat? Do people tend to stick around if they're greeted? Or do you let them say hi to you?

I myself tend not to say anything because I fear I might 'scare' them away or something. But lately on SM and even on MFC I wonder if maybe I should say hello to some people who I notice lurking for a few minutes.

And I guess to the guys: Do you like to be greeted first? Or would you rather be the first to say hello?
I love to be greeted. Everyone should be greeted...lol.

Well, as long as it's just a greeting and not a sudden imposition of needs. lol As in "Hi bb hru wut r u luking 4 r u horny bb u want pvt now bb??????"

If they say hi to me or ask how I'm doing, then yes. But if not I don't bother because they could be out of the room before I even finish my sentence. Too many people pop in and out.

I use to try, but I would have some that would pop right out while talking. Or else they would sit a spell and when I said something they would leave, so I stopped. However with the issues I had on SM, if I am there and talking and no one is talking back I will start calling them out, to make sure they can still see and hear me.

On SM, yeah. Just out of habit. Most of them leave before I say hi. If a bunch of people log on at once, I do a general "hey everyone"
On MFC, I do every once in a while

Reactions: Brad
NovaNirvana said:

I usually say hello shortly after I enter a room but I would not mind if the model said hi first. :hello2:

Reactions: Jillybean
LuckySmiles said:
I do... and watch them run :roll: and then I stop... and then I do again... aaaand they run...
LOL WHAT ABOUT ME IS SO SCARY

idk.. I like to talk to people.. I'm a psycho like that
Same here. I try to greet everyone but many usually leave right away or even before I finish my hello :crybaby:

Oh well.

Well, this is a very interesting question and I can give my :twocents-02cents:

It doesn't matter why I enter a new room, I always take some time before saying hi because I don't want to start a conversation if I am not sure if I am going to stay. So, it makes me a little uncomfortable when models say Hi before than me, because then I have to answer and maybe later create a stupid excuse to leave the room. Waste of time.

Also, when I am in a room and the model says hello to a new member, and the member doesn't answer or leaves the room, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't know, like, "poor girl". I know it may sound stupid, but that's how I feel.

So, I would suggest you wait until the members say hi. Of course, if they don't say hi after a while, you decide to say hi and they don't answer, they are being rude and deserve to be banned lol. :p

theguitarrist said:
Also, when I am in a room and the model says hello to a new member, and the member doesn't answer or leaves the room, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't know, like, "poor girl". I know it may sound stupid, but that's how I feel.

So, I would suggest you wait until the members say hi. Of course, if they don't say hi after a while, you decide to say hi and they don't answer, they are being rude and deserve to be banned lol. :p

^ This. This is why I dont do it, plus, I get scared away if its done to me, lol.

The guy named Justin might leave the room as soon as you greet him with "Hi, Justin!" Or he might say hi back...or he might just sit there in silence...or he might ignore your greeting and blurt out "Let's see that ass." LOL. When it's a new person, you never really know.

I think the best solution for this (so your friendliness doesn't scare off members) is to just give the occasional "Hey, guys!/How was everyone's weekend?" greetings, and to save the individual greetings for the room members who you know and have talked to before. If you're a regular chatter in a model's room, you're probably comfortable enough with each other that it's okay for her to smile and go "Hey, Justin!"

Models on Streamate are more likely to do individual greetings ("Hi, BigPimpin!") because SM room counts tend to be smaller than MFC rooms, and it tells you "BigPimpin has entered public chat" and makes that very noticeable *boop!* sound when someone enters the room.

As an MFC premium (SM member), I think it's cool when a model greets me by name. I'm probably gonna say hi to her before she says it to me, because I feel it's polite to say hi when you enter a model's room.

Not usually. When the room count is small I might do it but then when it gets to a few hundreds its harder to keep up.
I feel like some guys are too shy when you out them, even if all you are saying is "hi". Some don't intend to tip you and if you talk to them they feel embarrassed and leave (a prem told me that).
I see it as a chase, I want them to chase me not me them.

Sometimes when they're all quiet, I start doing smth funny on cam like put a pair of pants on my head and walk around saying hiiiii, but never say any perms names.
Sometimes I ask them where they're from and they all won't shut up then.

If it's a model I know and who I regularly visit then a greeting is nice but not all-important. If it's a model I'm visiting for the first time, I'd rather be the one to say 'hi' first. There's a chance I might not stick around long enough to get to that part if it's immediately apparent that the room isn't for me. Once a model's said 'hi' I kinda feel obliged to stick around for a few minutes and talk and then I feel bad when I leave without tipping.

First world problem, eh? :)

Oh I love saying Hi to people using their names! They usually run away from my room so fast! :D
If it's slow and not many people are talking and not many people are in my room yet I will often say hi. I've found quite a few talkers this way. And if they exit the room, well, they are not the kind of people I am looking for anyway.

i used to... but i feel like people don't really like it, so i stopped doing it..
if nobody's talking i just do a general hello.. but other than that, i just wait for their hello..

Honestly, I never do anymore. They don't think enough of me to say hello, so I feel like they don't need my attention. I do warn the room sometimes to chat or I will ban all greys on Chaturbate in my room at that time if they are not chatting. Verbally and textually. They have no reason to make a user account and not chat. That's why we have anonymous and guests. If they don't want to chat on a site called CHATurbate then they shouldn't sign in. Same goes on any other cam site. It takes 5 seconds to sign in and sign out. :twocents-02cents:

PlayboyMegan said:
I greet anyone who talks. I feel like greeting those who don't talk can be taken as "calling them out" while they would like to perv silently. So I just rather play it safe.

I actually got tipped for this my first night, so I don't greet silent members usually. Which nags at me sometimes when I have a really low room count, so I talk to myself like someone is having a conversation with me. If you ever perv my room and hear me talking about Alice In Wonderland to no one, you now know why lol

I'll just put this out there as my own personal preference.

For any model that recognizes me from ACF, damn straight greet me. By name. I think that's cool.

For models that I just happen to wander into their rooms? I don't mind a greeting. I don't view it as "call out", just what it is, a simple greeting. (As long it is just a greeting, not a come-on for privates, etc.)

Yeah, I get the whole "when a model greets me, I feel obligated to chat and then feel bad when it doesn't mesh and I'm gonna leave" thing.

But here's the way I look at it: On MFC there are hundreds of members who pop in and out of rooms constantly. Most without saying squat. I think (and I only think because I am not in their shoes), that most models have developed a way to deal with this in their own minds, whatever that may be. So if a model says "hi" and you run, it's not the first time, nor will it be the last.

One model whose room I used to frequent (I do not believe she cams anymore) would greet everyone who came into her room (her room count was never that high, but she was succesful with her regs). It was kind of a running joke with her regs when a member would immediately leave after the greeting. But the one's who did respond and stuck around usually became part of the "room community".

First time I was ever in a model's room who is a contributing member here, I was greeted even before the chat was fully loaded. I have been back frequently. Not everyone's cup of tea, but that's my perspective.

That probably didn't help, but I have been know to be useless. :)

PlayboyMegan said:
I greet anyone who talks. I feel like greeting those who don't talk can be taken as "calling them out" while they would like to perv silently. So I just rather play it safe.

I think this is the best policy. Although, I'd extend that to anyone who has ever chatted in your room before, too. Once they say "Hi", they are your property to do with as you wish, forever.

For regulars it's a little different yeah, obviously, if you want to get super technical. You are all unique.

;)

I say "hi" to everybody... I noticed something... Let's say a member is in my room for 10 min if I say "HI" I can bet he'll go out. Sometimes they are answering... sometimes I scare them off...

Reactions: DudeExtreme
If I'm in a model's room for the first time and the model just says hi, I do get nervous but I'm okay with that. It is when a model I don't know starts asking me some questions is when I do get very nervous and normally leave quickly. I don't care to be called out when I'm not ready to talk. Sometimes I am in deep thought when I first arrive in a model's room. It takes me a few minutes normally to get my thoughts together.

If we know each other for awhile, yea it's cool. If we don't, please wait for me to say something.

MegansDude said:
If I'm in a model's room for the first time and the model just says hi, I do get nervous but I'm okay with that. It is when a model I don't know starts asking me some questions is when I do get very nervous and normally leave quickly. I don't care to be called out when I'm not ready to talk. Sometimes I am in deep thought when I first arrive in a model's room. It takes me a few minutes normally to get my thoughts together.

If we know each other for awhile, yea it's cool. If we don't, please wait for me to say something.

So you think I should shut up and wait for them to say hi?

Reactions: DudeExtreme
I give random general "hello hello" every once in awhile if no one is talking. And then just jabber about something with frequent pauses to say "it's okay to talk gentlemen, I don't bite!" Or the occasional "It's really weird having no one talking with me." Or even "I'm sorry guys, I'm bad at conversation. Hm... something to talk about. Something to talk about. Any suggestions?"

LadyLuna said:
I give random general "hello hello" every once in awhile if no one is talking. And then just jabber about something with frequent pauses to say "it's okay to talk gentlemen, I don't bite!" Or the occasional "It's really weird having no one talking with me." Or even "I'm sorry guys, I'm bad at conversation. Hm... something to talk about. Something to talk about. Any suggestions?"

This is basically what I do. General hellos so as not to call anyone out and every so often I invite quiet members (not by name) to chat or ask a general question like 'How is everyone tonight? It's okay to type one-handed, I don't mind. ;)'

I do like to be greeted by the models who know me, but I'm fine with it if they wait for me to say hi first. If it's a first visit, I don't feel "called out" (unless she does something to make it seem like that), but I'd probably be most comfortable getting a sense of things for a few minutes first. For this reason, I usually will check a new room out as a guest, then go back in with my premium account when I'm prepared to chat.

I also like rooms, where the members are friendly. Of course, in some cases, that means getting a couple of pages of hellos from almost every regular in the room, which is challenging to reply to. Still, it's better to feel accepted into the gang than to feel like an outsider. I can imagine that keeping up with everyone who comes in is even tougher for models, especially if there's a lot of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.