AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you like Yellow Walls?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2018
Well I know everyone loves getting tipped but just wondering if you like them. I was also wondering how many 1's have you gotten before in a row.. I have a few models that I have done 1x450 in a row I mite of thrown a 15 or two in there in there.I also think there is a bit of a trick to it. I see guys tip 1 then wait a few secs then tip 1 again. I feel its like you gotta keep hitting that tip button.

Not a model. But, as a member, I find them annoying when they are more than a few at a time. If I'm trying to type something as part of a conversation, or even tip a model, it gets scrolled off the screen pretty quickly. Occasionally, I'll do a few (3-7) simultaneous tips. But, they are also more than just a single token.

Only time I really do a yellow wall is if some dumbass puts something stupid on the screen and then I'll yellow wall it to scroll it off.

If it’s accomploshing as much as it’s hindering, sure! I have a very social room so if you are going to fuck up the vibe it better be for something. 5-10 tokens is a pretty normal and productive yellow wall. But 1 tok yellow walls are not appreciated in my room UNLESS it’s during a show when it’s quiet. But still, only tolerated. Members lead the room by example, so 10 tok tips encourage other 10 tok tips. 1 tok tips encourage 1 tok tips.
This is just my personal opinion on it for my room

For some reason I don't feel comfortable with an extension that says it can read my CB data.

this is gonna rule!

Be careful with rapidfire extensions.
They are very addictive in my opinion because they are fun. I would deliberately go round looking for models with 2 or 3 seconds on low/medium and do lots of 1s for the fun of it (they liked it too, but the fun of the model saying "omg it's still going" and keep on saying that... is priceless lol

If it’s accomploshing as much as it’s hindering, sure! I have a very social room so if you are going to fuck up the vibe it better be for something. 5-10 tokens is a pretty normal and productive yellow wall. But 1 tok yellow walls are not appreciated in my room UNLESS it’s during a show when it’s quiet. But still, only tolerated. Members lead the room by example, so 10 tok tips encourage other 10 tok tips. 1 tok tips encourage 1 tok tips.
This is just my personal opinion on it for my room

Then why allow 1tk tips at all in the room when you already able to set the minimum tip on most sites? While I understand your point, how upset can you really get when members are doing things within the rules of the room? I think is the most contradictory situation that a model can deal with because there's no winning action you can really take. You're either punishing someone for SPENDING tokens while others that spend nothing remain or you're allowing the situation at the frustration of others in the room. Any way you choose to deal with this situation will always be at the cost of income.

Then why allow 1tk tips at all in the room when you already able to set the minimum tip on most sites? While I understand your point, how upset can you really get when members are doing things within the rules of the room? I think is the most contradictory situation that a model can deal with because there's no winning action you can really take. You're either punishing someone for SPENDING tokens while others that spend nothing remain or you're allowing the situation at the frustration of others in the room. Any way you choose to deal with this situation will always be at the cost of income.
That is the reason i stick to rapidfire with 1 tokens because it goes faster then you think and finish it with a 100 or 100+ tip most have 2 seconds vibe for 1 token and i mostly do max 5 seconds

That is the reason i stick to rapidfire with 1 tokens because it goes faster then you think and finish it with a 100 or 100+ tip most have 2 seconds vibe for 1 token and i mostly do max 5 seconds

That maybe minimizes the problem. However the root of the issue is models generally give better reaction if you break up the tip than just toss a large tip. It's the same reason why most vibe tips will always be the minimum because models aren't rewarding larger bulk tips in the same regard. Models complaining about 1tk tip walls usually don't see how their tip response/reaction for larger bulk tips isn't viewed as a reward.

If I single tip 1tk for 100 seconds she's probably going to focused on me for at least 100 seconds while if I just tip 100tk at once I'll get a 1 or 2 second thank you. Models need to find a better way to equalize the returns rather than get upset why it happens.

Those of us who aren't fans of yellow walls still appreciate 1 tk tips in general. I'm not going to stop someone from tipping their last token by setting a minimum.

When we have a chatty room full of people that have already tipped generously, a wall from someone can really hinder the overall vibe of the room. It could seriously annoy other members in the room who tip in a more convenient fashion. It slows down the chat, hard to see replies to questions I've verbally asked people in the room. The tip sound interrupts the music and my voice, so if a wall continues long I have to mute my computer.

Token walls can be seen as an attention ploy. I'd always prefer someone come in and drop a 50 token tip than 50 1 token tips. I see a 50 token tip as a very nice gesture, and I see the 50x1 as being an attention whore.

If I single tip 1tk for 100 seconds she's probably going to focused on me for at least 100 seconds while if I just tip 100tk at once I'll get a 1 or 2 second thank you. Models need to find a better way to equalize the returns rather than get upset why it happens.
I'd spend that 100 seconds being slightly annoyed at you and only thank you at the end of the wall, whereas you'll get a much nicer thank you for a 100 token tip. At least in my room.

Token walls can be seen as an
attention ploy. I'd always prefer someone come in and drop a 50 token tip than 50 1 token tips. I see a 50 token tip as a very nice gesture, and I see the 50x1 as being an attention whore.

Well it is. I don't think the members that do it would really argue against it either. That's how they choose to entertain themselves with you and your giving them the reward subconsciously or not for them to pursue doing it. Do you feel they should get no attention for 50tk regardless of how it's presented to you, or that it's you as the model to convince members they'll get more satisfaction from a single tip than from individual and do it in a way that doesn't make it sound like you don't like creative tips?

I remember being in a room and a model told off a member for tipping in an odd way and a week later was upset members stopped 'just because' tipping all together because they didn't know what the hell to do.

Well it is. I don't think the members that do it would really argue against it either. That's how they choose to entertain themselves
We models of course like to think of tips as appreciation for the entertainment we are giving. If a member wants to entertain himself by making the jingaling sound and flashy yellow bars on the screen like a toddler twirling a pinwheel, I guess they can but I'm telling you how some of us view it :).

Edit to add: you use the word creative. I don't see it that way.

Those of us who aren't fans of yellow walls still appreciate 1 tk tips in general. I'm not going to stop someone from tipping their last token by setting a minimum.

When we have a chatty room full of people that have already tipped generously, a wall from someone can really hinder the overall vibe of the room. It could seriously annoy other members in the room who tip in a more convenient fashion. It slows down the chat, hard to see replies to questions I've verbally asked people in the room. The tip sound interrupts the music and my voice, so if a wall continues long I have to mute my computer.

Token walls can be seen as an attention ploy. I'd always prefer someone come in and drop a 50 token tip than 50 1 token tips. I see a 50 token tip as a very nice gesture, and I see the 50x1 as being an attention whore.

One of the reasons why I silent tip. I really hate the noise of a tip, and it gets to be very annoying if the model is saying something.

Reactions: rstanton
Well I know everyone loves getting tipped but just wondering if you like them. I was also wondering how many 1's have you gotten before in a row.. I have a few models that I have done 1x450 in a row I mite of thrown a 15 or two in there in there.I also think there is a bit of a trick to it. I see guys tip 1 then wait a few secs then tip 1 again. I feel its like you gotta keep hitting that tip button.

I like it when it's a true yellow wall, and not a grand total of 10 tokens tipped 1 token at a time. Lol. The guys who do that are obnoxious as fuck, just seeking attention (and to be thanked multiple times) and trying to give the illusion of "making it rain." :p

Reactions: SaffronBurke
1. I don’t get upset, I just don’t give much reaction and my regs know I’m not a fan.

2. I don’t mind 1 token tips, I just don’t care for 1 token WALLS. Minimum tip amounts can fudge off.

I'd spend that 100 seconds being slightly annoyed at you and only thank you at the end of the wall, whereas you'll get a much nicer thank you for a 100 token tip. At least in my room.

This right here. I'm not telling a member "thank you" 100 times within 100 seconds. So if you do your 1-token tip x 100 thing, don't think I'm gonna sit there thanking every single one. I'mma let you finish (Why is Kanye West in my head?) making all of that noise first. :)

Hello! I'm a member who has in the past gotten terribly annoyed by huge ill timed 1 token yellow walls that seem to go on forever! I've had tips or comments get totally lost, seen interesting conversations grind to a halt and often die and I've even left the room at one point or another. I have a certain animosity towards a certain member because of this but I won't name names. But... They can be fun sometimes when you can get others in on it and if you read the room right.

They can be fun sometimes when you can get others in on it and if you read the room right.
They can be pretty fun when it's a special event/occasion. I had a fellow model and all of her regs come in during a cammiversary (or birthday? both maybe?) and everyone was dropping small amounts making a wall together. That's the best use of them.

Tip minimums are bullshit. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to tip a model 5 or 10 tokens as a hello, only to find out that she has a minimum higher than that, and never visited her room again. Tip minimums lose models new customers all the time. A member should have enough self-awareness that a 1-token yellow wall is going to piss everyone off, model and members alike. They're not even that great for attention, most models I visit typically give a person two thank-you's per yellow wall (one with the first tip and one when it's done), unless it's a wall of 100 tokens or more per tip, which I think is more than satisfactory when I'm wearing my member hat. As a member, one-token walls are the biggest cock block, now everyone has to stop talking so Mr Special can make a big deal out of his 50 tokens.... I'll start tipping 5's or 10's as a "hint hint mother fucker"

Reactions: yummybrownfox
If you have multiple people contributing towards the yellow wall, do you all feel the same or is that different and more acceptable? How many people must (for you) be contributing towards a 1 token tip wall, for it to be "good" and "acceptable"?

• Helpful!
Reactions: MDouble00
I personally just got my first yellow walls during a private show 2 days ago... he was very generous and did several walls of 1 token <totally cool by me i like any and all tokens> and then he did a yellow wall of 25 tokens... it was 15x 25...i was flabbergasted. First time in a month i have ever had any tips like that. The same client also yellow walled 1 tokens in public

Hello! I'm a member who has in the past gotten terribly annoyed by huge ill timed 1 token yellow walls that seem to go on forever! I've had tips or comments get totally lost, seen interesting conversations grind to a halt and often die and I've even left the room at one point or another. I have a certain animosity towards a certain member because of this but I won't name names. But... They can be fun sometimes when you can get others in on it and if you read the room right.

when ever i miss chatter i go back and try to find what i missed to respond, i have that when i get a lot of in and out traffic

So I am a Chaturbate guy and I was in my first MFC room because a model i like was only on there today... yea I think yellow walls are really annoying on MFC compared to Chaturbate. On cb its just a bing or a bong and ... on mfc its this huge noise and tons of text

I've been one that chooses to break a lull in the room for both tipping and talking with a yellow wall. Mostly, as an attempt to rally some activity towards the countdown/topic. However, reading through the replies I didn't realize how divisive the practice actually was. Do some members do it for attention seeking purposes I'm sure. However, some dudes drop tip bombs purely for attention seeking purposes. Different sizes of tips, but still can be done as look at me behavior. Personally, I never run out of tokens, but I wouldn't say I'm a mega tipper or whatever so I will always choose to try to rally a break in tipping with a yellow wall of smaller tips then try to throw out a wall of triple digit+ tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.