AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you mind being capped?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you mind if someone takes a screenshot of you?

• Not if it was in public

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No, as long as they don't share paid-chat ones with other people

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Yes, unless it's a regular, or someone who asked permission

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Anyone had better ask permission first

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Never do it, don't even bother asking

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLuna

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 8, 2010
ladylunasplace.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@EveMatteo
MFC Username
LadyLuna
Streamate Username
Lady_Luna
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/42697/LadyLuna
Since in another thread, some models expressed displeasure at being screen-capped without permission, I thought I'd find out how many feel this way. Remember, my question is only about screen-shots, still images, not about video being recorded.

Personally, I don't mind anything grabbed in public being shared. I don't mind being screen-shotted in private/group/exclusive/whatever, as long as the person who takes it doesn't share it with other people. I don't even mind recordings, and only ask that if the person takes a recording they don't share it with others and send me a copy to sell if I can.

If it's in public (I've had some awesome gifs made of me) or in paid & it's not posted publicly without asking first (usually I'll say yes) I don't mind. The video screen capture is what gets my hackles up.

My thoughts:

If someone took one or two screenshots of me doing something interesting and shared it on a forum or a thread called "Sexiest models with short hair" or "Camgirl food shows" or whatever, that's super.

If someone shared a screen cap during a paid show, I would be unhappy with that. I would especially be unhappy because right now, I do not get nude in public chat - so if someone shared a nude screencap of me, even if it was not explicit, that would upset me.

To be honest - I would be more upset if someone shared a large number of screencaps of me on ACF than if someone shared them on another site. If, for example, someone started an [site name banned*3] thread on me and 50 screencaps end up on there, I would be like 'meh'. If someone started an ACF thread called 'Evvie's Fabulous Round Bottom' and put 15 pictures of my ass in it, I would be like 'I sure hope Amber can delete this soon.' I would especially feel this way if the caps were sexual in nature. This is because while other sites are filled with strangers commenting on another stranger's round bottom, I feel like many of the people here are my friends, and ACF is not a site where I display my body or behave sexually. While I think most models would prefer to be in control of their own nude photos, I would feel less happy with sexual photos of me being posted on a community site filled with my friends, instead of an anonymous site filled with strangers.

If it's me naked in any way or during a show, most definitely! I don't do anything, even chatting is rare, in free chat so that means they've capped something I'm doing in private.

If it's a shot of me in free chat or they're sharing something I've already publicly posted then I don't mind.

Reactions: LadyLuna
no, however i always like if people tell me they toke a screencap, and they tell me what they're gonna do with it
i take some screencaps sometimes, but i always offer them to the model herself, or ask if she would like me to post it here on the forum
this got me thinking about the members side... hmm starting a new topic, thanks for the inspiration luna!

Yes if:

I'm nude (Although I get naked very freely in public chat I have zero nude pictures on my profile and never post them on here, as I don't take these photos/share them freely, I don't like the idea of people taking them/sharing them)

If they're taken by a non tipper, guest/basic/someone who hadn't talked to me/tipped me or asked permission

if they're taking it for their own personal sexual gratification (without permission) or to share for others sexual gratification (always).

If it's a particularly ugly shot.

If they're planning on or do share it around forums/sites for reasons other than "go check out this awesome model!"

If it's a constant occurrence of said member.

No if:

They're doing it with my permission (for a tipper if it weren't to be shared ever I wouldn't mind nudity)

They're doing it for me, send it over to me/make sure it's ok afterwards, if I say no they then delete it (i.e. a high tip, a particularly awesome moment, a funny moment or I just look so stunning they want to take a picture to show me afterwards)

They're doing it for me for advertising reasons (They've taken an awesome screenshot of me and want to share it with the world/tell them who I am and have got my permission to post it up) - This is where if there were ANY nudity it would need to be covered up.

Generally I think ask permission first or straight after you've taken the screen shot if you just captured a moment. In real life it'd be weird/upsetting for someone to come up to me and take a photo of me without my permission or telling me what they plan on doing with the photo. If I caught them sharing/selling the photo there is legal action I could take. Although yes I am on camera so I am exposed, and taking a screen shot is so easy that most people don't even think about it, but you are taking a photo of that person. When I come on cam you get the time I am online. If you want part of me while I'm offline go private, buy my videos, buy a picture set or just enjoy the pictures I post up on twitter/on my profile. If someone if watching me for free they are already getting to watch me/enjoy the shows I do, listen to the conversations I have, I feel I give them a lot already, it annoys me that they still feel they have the right to take photos and keep them for times while i'm offline.

Basically, ask first, if you are a tipper, you probably talk to the model anyway, so ask, if you're a non tipper in a room, and guest or a basic then you shouldn't really take the shots anyway, but if you feel you shouldn't be taking them enough to not mention it to the model, then that is on their conscience. If you feel it is ok, then there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't mention it to the model.

Still images aren't really a big deal to me. Sometimes they're really funny. The only thing that would bother me would be video recording without my knowledge and uploaded all over the internet, especially if I didn't receive a copy to sell.

inzhener said:
anyone know how te remove posts from [site name banned*3]?

do not touch [site name banned*3]. This site is brutal. Have the model who was capped send a link to the site she was capped through, but don't expect results. They might decide not to, because this is a site where if you try to get yourself removed, they will just get worse about their capping.

Holy FUCK this is an old thread!

LadyLuna said:
inzhener said:

do not touch [site name banned*3]. This site is brutal. Have the model who was capped send a link to the site she was capped through, but don't expect results. They might decide not to, because this is a site where if you try to get yourself removed, they will just get worse about their capping.

I kind of like these old threads sometimes, it means the person took the time to use the search function.

I'm a little torn. I have many members that screenshot all the time and make gifs or send them to me to post on my blog. As for recordings, it really depends. I don't like to get mad about things that I can't prevent. And if I can resell it, even better. *shrug*

Reactions: krukstyle
Shaun__ said:
LadyLuna said:
inzhener said:

I kind of like these old threads sometimes, it means the person took the time to use the search function.

That was more of a... he revived an old thread to ask a question which is answered in a newer thread... not to mention, I completely forgot that I even posted this! Still stand by what I said though.

Why yes, I do have issues remembering what that discussion yesterday was about, why do you ask?

Reactions: UncleThursday
I don't mind as much if it's just pictures, but I don't want videos recorded of me without prior consent.

A lot of it depends on how the member would use the screen caps. If they are using them for their personal use or on ACF, I don't mind. If they are going to plaster them all over the internet, I might have a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.