AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do YOU still have access to 720p on the web broadcaster?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
cbhours.com
Twitter Username
@cbhours_com
I've received reports that some models have access to 720p via the web broadcaster and others do not. Stripchat is claiming 720p is no longer available on the web broadcaster. Do YOU (the models reading this) still have that resolution option on the broadcaster? I ask because it seems some still have access to it and stripchats website message that its based on "network bandwidth" appears to be bogus.

Stripchats obs servers require more specific settings than other cam sites and are less friendly to RTMP splitting so obs virtual cams were a good choice but not if its being limited to 480p

Nope, I just checked out of curiosity and it disappeared for me. I usually don't stream via web broadcaster but i did once last week and I'm pretty sure it was still 720p then.

Upvote 0
We are making some improvements; soon, this option will be available again to all chat hosts.

Now you can use not only OBS, but third-party services, such as Splitcam / Streamster, etc. (btw, when you use such services, the hard computer work happens at their end, not yours).

• Helpful!
Reactions: MizXtrix and NotYou
Upvote 0
I've received reports that some models have access to 720p via the web broadcaster and others do not. Stripchat is claiming 720p is no longer available on the web broadcaster. Do YOU (the models reading this) still have that resolution option on the broadcaster? I ask because it seems some still have access to it and stripchats website message that its based on "network bandwidth" appears to be bogus.

Stripchats obs servers require more specific settings than other cam sites and are less friendly to RTMP splitting so obs virtual cams were a good choice but not if its being limited to 480p

No,I hope they bring it back soon

Upvote 0
So you have made some changes on the back end to work better with RTMP splitters?

I have no information yet about what kind of improvements it is.

However, in any case, I was glad to provide alternatives to OBS since I understand that for one reason or another, not all models are ok with using OBS for broadcasting in HD quality.

Upvote 0
Bumping this thread. When I try to stream on strip chat (via web encoder) it says my bandwidth will only allow 640 (medium quality) or 240 (low quality )

there are no higher options. What the hell???? I know for a fact there is girls streaming in 1080p cause I can see them.
What’s going on?

Upvote 0
Bumping this thread. When I try to stream on strip chat (via web encoder) it says my bandwidth will only allow 640 (medium quality) or 240 (low quality )

there are no higher options. What the hell???? I know for a fact there is girls streaming in 1080p cause I can see them.
What’s going on?

They might use OBS or stream key

Upvote 0

What’s going on?

Our system will enable 720p as soon as the model gets 1000 followers, but for 1080p chathost needs to use OBS or third-party services.

Upvote 0
Our system will enable 720p as soon as the model gets 1000 followers, but for 1080p chathost needs to use OBS or third-party services.

james franco wtf GIF

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, whats the point? Bandwidth savings 🤔? but the model doesn't even have 1000 followers so how many viewers could they possibly have?

Reactions: MarlieJane
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.