AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you think you are better than other members?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

do you think you are better/different than other members?

• Yes I know I am!

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Sometimes to a point

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I am nothing like these other pervs

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • No not at all

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsabellaSnow

Cam Model
Feb 3, 2012
myfreecams!
profiles.myfreecams.com
Ok so this is just a not too serious question as I'm curious.

We often talk about discrimination and judging of models, but I actually come across a lot more judging of members, and this is coming from other members.

In real life when I tell people about my job no one questions that I get naked, those who judge at all just assume that I'm stripping off for the saddest of the sad. The look of shock when I tell them that a few of my regulars have actually been really cool, normal, good looking people. Most of the others are just a bit lonely/horny, and well, who isn't? I usually avoid telling anyone remotely judgemental how the 99% of other people in my room are complete asshats.

On and off cam I hear a lot from members moaning about other members. Fact is, you're all very different people, with totally different lives who are coming to an internet site to perv and sleaze over young sexy females. Models are more likely to get to know members and see them as more than Pervymcperverson as we get direct and often personal contact and info about the person behind the screen name and their imaginary wanking hand.

Now I am talking not about members that you have talked to on acf or even had quite a bit of contact and chat with on mfc. I'm talking non friends, complete strangers on mfc when all you know about them is their screen name "large_willy909"... or something to that extent. What is your instant reaction/assumption to other members?

I don't make a lot of judgements about members whom I don't know because I am aware of the diversity between members.

I don't think I am necessarily a 'better' member, at least amongst the cool dudes who aren't freeloading dipshits that can't type. I tip as much as I can and I try to be aware of how what I say might affect the room or how it could be taken by the model.

In general I really don't think I'm better or worse than anyone, just different. :)

I am better then every other living thing this planet or any other has ever seen.

dude, im like uber1337 im like the coolest cat ever.... if i lived in antarctica the penguins would be like, dude, hes so cool i cant stand near him

seriously though, i am better than any member with any derivation of penis or vagina licking in their name. just a fact. other than that? nah im a freeloader (90 percent of the time anyway) so even the idiots like that are better than me if they tip

Crumb said:
I'm not judgemental until they type something in chat.
Same, I don't think I'm 'better', but when some members type they make it very difficult not to think of them as a kind of drooling, semi-retarded tourettes sufferer.

hehehe some of these answers are making me giggle!

And yes, the majority of members do make it difficult to see them as anything other than retarded, boobs/fanny obsessed drooling low lifes. I mean seriously, is it like "trip to mfc? don't worry about packing your braincells!"?

I actually used to look at mfc kind of like real life men.

So, 50% of the room will be guests, so don't even come into the percentage that might talk to you. There's then 25% basics, those ones occasionally try to talk/perv on you, but they do not ever have a chance. Then you get your 25% premium members. So we've got about 10% of these are never going to tip you, and never intend on it. These ones are just wanting to perve on you/get stuff out of you and never give anything back. So for example the guys who chat you up/are douchey, and occasionally girls sleep with when they're drunk and regret it afterwards. Then there's about another 10% of guys who might tip you, might not. Maybe will hang around a lot and not tip much, but they're not total freeloaders, and they're not complete sleazebags either. These are the guys who might take you out on a few dates before trying to shag you. Not looking for an actual relationship, but they're willing to play the game.

And then finally we get the 5% of guys who are there because they really like you and are willing to tip you and give back and be civil/friendly, and actually form some kind of relationship with the model. Or if it were real life, these would be the dating candidates.

Problem is in real life, is chances are most girls will accidentally go for the $20 basic thinking he's a 20k point premium and then get confused why he's not calling!

This little theory I have is really very depressing, but I swear it holds similar statistics. Thing is in the cam world, is no cam girl loves a $20 basic. In real life they might just find love. Don't have money on mfc and want love/attention? Search in real life.

I can see how that analogy might work for you as a model, but I don't know if I'm altogether comfortable with it as a member. There is, after all, the fact that there is a component of business transaction involved, and money is changing hands. Characterizing the guys who are willing to have a pleasant conversation with you and tip you for your time as "boyfriend material" may sound romantic, but it's false. They're "regular client material". That's very different in its nature, and it should be acknowledged often. In this bar scenario that you've painted, the model isn't actually the desirable girl getting hit on. She's the bartender. The members are the barflies. Some of them are lousy drunks who make trouble, some are just there for free pretzels or to scam a beer. Some are there because they want a place to go and feel welcome, so they go out of their way to ingratiate themselves to the person who runs the joint. None of them, though, are really suitors. They're customers.

As to the original question, I'd say that, overall, I'm unwilling to stand in judgement of other members, but if I'm being completely honest, I've never really given other members much consideration. I rarely even notice other members. I'm not there for them, I'm there for the models. But, if the criteria is "I'm nice, I don't beg, I tip often, and I type with both hands in full sentences," and the median falls well below that level, then I guess I'm not doing too shabby for myself as a worthy member. So, good for me!

Isabella_deL said:
Problem is in real life, is chances are most girls will accidentally go for the $20 basic thinking he's a 20k point premium and then get confused why he's not calling!
yeah but unlike the cam world, most of those girls never wise up :p

Isabella_deL said:
hehehe some of these answers are making me giggle!

And yes, the majority of members do make it difficult to see them as anything other than retarded, boobs/fanny obsessed drooling low lifes. I mean seriously, is it like "trip to mfc? don't worry about packing your braincells!"?

I actually used to look at mfc kind of like real life men.

So, 50% of the room will be guests, so don't even come into the percentage that might talk to you. There's then 25% basics, those ones occasionally try to talk/perv on you, but they do not ever have a chance. Then you get your 25% premium members. So we've got about 10% of these are never going to tip you, and never intend on it. These ones are just wanting to perve on you/get stuff out of you and never give anything back. So for example the guys who chat you up/are douchey, and occasionally girls sleep with when they're drunk and regret it afterwards. Then there's about another 10% of guys who might tip you, might not. Maybe will hang around a lot and not tip much, but they're not total freeloaders, and they're not complete sleazebags either. These are the guys who might take you out on a few dates before trying to shag you. Not looking for an actual relationship, but they're willing to play the game.

And then finally we get the 5% of guys who are there because they really like you and are willing to tip you and give back and be civil/friendly, and actually form some kind of relationship with the model. Or if it were real life, these would be the dating candidates.

This little theory I have is really very depressing, but I swear it holds similar statistics. Thing is in the cam world, is no cam girl loves a $20 basic. In real life they might just find love. Don't have money on mfc and want love/attention? Search in real life.

i love love love the analogy! mainly because it puts things into a perspective that fits... i.e. even though it isnt dating for real, nor are any of the cam sites for finding love there are relationships involved. relationship being used in the more literal form here, as in the interaction of two or more individuals. the analogy would work in most places if you used friendship as the premise instead of dating and would hold up just as well. i think aristotle would be proud of you lol.

on the humorous note: wait, does this mean every time i tip it means i get to date the model in question? woohoo!

AllisonWilder said:
In general I really don't think I'm better or worse than anyone, just different. :)

Yeah, agree with this. Everyone is different... we all do our own thing, but as long as we are fair and reasonable, prepared to reward each model for her hard work and don't beg, act like a douchebag or disrupt a room... everyone has fun. Thats the name of the game. :thumbleft:

Me? Yeah, I know I'm different... 2 years 11 months on mfc... and still not one ban. Awesome! :-D

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: LadyLuna
I put "sometimes to a point", because I don't often have the money to tip, but I try my best to be polite and not ruin the model's day.

As a model, scale would go:
nice people who tip or take me to paid chat
douce-bags who tip/paid OR nice people who don't tip/paid
trolls who tip/paid OR doucebags who freeload OR nice dudes who go creepy but tip/paid
trolls who don't tip/paid OR nice dudes who go creepy and don't tip/paid

Basically:
-being nice is a point in your favor (keeps my mood up)
-spending is a point in your favor (makes it worth my time)
-being a troll is a point against (stressor)
-asking for stuff without paying is a point against (stressor)
-going creepy is two points against (stressor from both paranoia AND feeling bad)

southsamurai said:
i love love love the analogy! mainly because it puts things into a perspective that fits... i.e. even though it isnt dating for real, nor are any of the cam sites for finding love there are relationships involved. relationship being used in the more literal form here, as in the interaction of two or more individuals. the analogy would work in most places if you used friendship as the premise instead of dating and would hold up just as well. i think aristotle would be proud of you lol.

It's not the best analogy in the world. But fact is I don't think the way members act it's like a model is a bartender. Most men I meet would be polite and respectable to a bartender. I think the majority of members don't look at models like that. The way mfc is set up is to create the illusion that you're more level with the model. It encourages people to think they can be friends with, and possibly even date the model.
There are some members who come to me who act more like I'm providing a service, often the guys who come in, ask your video prices, buy a video, and often move on their way afterwards. There are many members who don't seem as fussed with developing a relationship with the model. These guys I'd say would be the guys who chat you up, buy you a few drinks, have a flirt never intending it on coming to something. They weren't wasting your time, they bought you some drinks, and they didn't push for anything more. These particular guys I would class as fairly high up in my opinion of members. They're not ones that I'm friends with, but they're very low maintenance and their purchases make up a fair amount of my income.

The unfortunate realisation that camming gave me, was the percentage of guys who beg, or will just say "asss", the ones who can't create a sentence. Problem was, this matched up to many guys who've tried coming onto me. The sad thing is, I've had come ons similar to those guys I ban instantly. Those are the guys who'll grab you in a bar, who'll think the idea of buying you a drink is ridiculous but will start grinding on you while you're trying to dance with your friends.
Once in a vip club in London I was dancing with my friends, it wasn't very busy yet, I saw a group of guys opposite me, one of them kept staring at me... I was aware of it, but I tried not to look back... I noticed the guy starting to walk around my group of friends... and behind me... and oh wait! He's grinding/dry humping my leg! I turned around and promptly said "Ummm... excuse me, but could you stop rubbing your penis against my leg?" he looked horrified and terrified. He muttered something about how else he was meant to approach me, I answered "well, bit of observation. I've just finished my drink. You could have come up to me like a decent human being and asked me if I'd like a drink. If I say no then I have no interest so back off. If I say yes then I might just have interest and you can have a conversation with me for the duration of the drink. If I'm interested after I finish then you might have a chance." He seemed horrified at the idea of buying a girl a drink. Poor dude just paid £20 to get into a club where it's a thousand pounds just to sit down and have your own table and it is pretty custom that the rich men buy all the beautiful girls drinks.
I would say this guy is a $20 begging basic. He's paid to get into the club, he'll buy his own drinks, but he is NOT spending money on anyone else yet is expecting the girls in there to want him. That kind of behaviour may stand in a big club where it's like £3 to get into, but no one goes to those kinds of clubs for that behaviour. Actually personally I always went to those clubs because it was a free night out with the girls.
(btw I also don't think it is always up to the guy to buy drinks. If I fancy a guy and approach him I will buy him a drink or two. It's to do with who's approaching who)

I do think camming brings out the worst in a lot of people. Which means if you can manage to be polite and considerate on a camming site, you're not necessarily a good person, but you have learned your manners the right way. I'm sure your mothers would be proud! :p

Well, you got me there. I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like to be a beautiful woman, let alone a cam model, so that's where I'll just leave well enough alone. I'd always attributed the crassness of other members to the typical banter protocol of the internet, where social interaction doesn't have the sense of consequence that comes attached to being in the same room as a person, coupled with the typically-perceived seediness of the sex industry, where objectification and even humiliation of the performers can be rampant. In my mind, though, both of those represent a sort of fantastical detachment from reality. It simply didn't occur to me that men might actually act this way while out in the real world, since I don't act that way, and nobody that I associate with acts that way. That's ignorance on my part of another person's experience, which I hope you'll excuse.

So, I'll amend my statement to say that to me you're the bartender. If I expect to keep my spot at the end of the bar, then I'm going to have to be good to you. If I play my cards right, I might even be allowed once in awhile to nurse my drink too long or bend your ear too much. And if I don't, well, Bizarro Nick from It's a Wonderful Life put it best:

I feel like many ACF'ers are in general more likely to be "good MFC members" so I wouldn't fault any of you for thinking you're better than other members.

AmberCutie said:
I feel like many ACF'ers are in general more likely to be "good MFC members" so I wouldn't fault any of you for thinking you're better than other members.
I agree. I think it shows that the member cares and wants to learn more about our jobs when they sign up for forums. Anyone that cares that much is probably going to be better than the average premium. :twocents-02cents:

I'm not a semi literate moron whose inability to type coherent sentences is secondary only to their ability to post dick emotes

So yeh, I'm alright, at least top 10% material :thumbleft:

I know the thread topic says better, but the poll question says better/different.

So, I answered the poll question with "most of the time".

Yep, there are times when I suck as a member. Not often, but there are times.

But mostly I feel that I am at least different than the average member. Not necessarily better, but different.

I went with "sometimes" because there are some truly pathetic people out there and MFC seems to bring them out in droves. I tend to feel I must be doing reasonably well based on how models and other members tend to react to me. At the same time, I cannot feel too far superior to anyone because I know most of my own faults and the greatness of some of them. On top of that, I know I judge people before I've given them a fair chance sometimes, but I hate that I do sometimes because I don't want them judging me the same way.

I try to think that I'm not better than another member only because I've seen the pain and the devastation left behind when a person or a group of people thinks they are better than someone else. If a member is telling a model what to do, etc., I may step in and say "tip for requests, etc". Even then, I need to remember not to judge but work on myself to be a better person.

Status
Not open for further replies.