AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does a regular big tipper help or hurt earnings?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Models on token sites, if you have a regular generous tipper, do you notice that once they join your room, others stop tipping?
If so, do you generally make more from that one bigger tipper than without them, or does their presence reduce what you'd otherwise earn from all the others combined?
I'm not thinking whale-like piles of tokens, but still generous tipping, say 4-5,000 tokens per show.

I don't know about sites with tokens but this happens on all sites. I work on Lj and F4F and on both sites, I saw this happen, with different results.
For instance on LJ when members see a bit tipper they stop tipping and start saying things like Ohhh you have a big king, I can't match that and they start acting differently.( not in a good way). But on F4F things are totally different- it's like a game for members- they try to outdo each other with tips, and they start tipping more. I think this applies to all sites and the difference in the members that go to those sites., no matter the amount the members tip.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Models should never focus on earning from one big tipper because that big tipper may eventually leave and then your fucked. You don't have others that can make up the difference because your audience to has gotten used to this carry as well.

I'm from a private/based so my perspective how to handle may be different. When I have a large tipper when I'm trying to do a gold show, but would like others to tip, I say I need 4 more people to tip to join instead of the amount I would need for a flash. It encourages others to tip.

Honestly depends on how the regular interacts with the others in my room too. If the reg is friendly and chatty with the other members then it tends to flow like normal and build a frenzy. If the reg is at all demanding or completely silent then members tend to sit back and watch without tipping or leave until he's done if they come back at all that stream. Downside of splitcamming is if one big tipper on on stream keeps going it confuses the hell out of the other sites and they go quiet regardless if the big tipper is chatty or not (obviously because they can't see the chat).

I don't have a problem at all with friendly regs. I do and have muted/banned those regs who cross the line and are possessive or rude. I can see why it would be really hard as a newbie model to do that though if a reg accounts for a large percentage of their tokens.

I definitely don't rely on one tipper or reg, because they all move on to someone else in the end. They can be helpful in prompting others to tip though...

I have a very, very generous tipper, and he tends to take over my room when he's there, and some of my other regulars are not really happy about it, while some of them seem to be having a really great time... In general I spend a lot of time talking, having fun and connecting with my regulars, having a really friendly vibe and if they can't be happy on my behalf for making good money, then honestly fuck them. :D

I started camming in february, and it's taken me A LOT of work ending up with a proper salary, and when this guy started coming to my room it definitely helped my overall income. Also in general it has really helped drive the momentum of my room. It has resulted in a lot more orgasms, higher viewer numbers and more new followers.

There's been some things about it that has been slightly complicated. In the beginning he was tipping between 3000-14000 tokens every time I did a broadcast, and as amazing as I thought it was, I also noticed that I had a lot fewer new acquaintances, which made me dread the day that he would move on. Sometimes I've been trying to stream when I've known that he wouldn't be able to come to my room, just to make sure there was space for my other regulars. I totally LOVE when he's there, but I know that I need to give some attention to everybody to keep the room fun. Luckily he's also likes interacting with the room, which I reeeeaaaally appreciate!!!

I have a very, very generous tipper, and he tends to take over my room when he's there, and some of my other regulars are not really happy about it, while some of them seem to be having a really great time... In general I spend a lot of time talking, having fun and connecting with my regulars, having a really friendly vibe and if they can't be happy on my behalf for making good money, then honestly fuck them. :D

I’ve been on both sides of this as a member (been the big tipper and also been one of the regulars witnessing a new big tipper “take over”).

Sometimes I’ll leave the room or stop participating during a whale tipping spree, but it’s not out of jealously or a desire to freeload so much as an inability to “play.”

When a whale (or a big tipper who isn’t quite a whale) is sending massive tokens non-stop, it can drown out a lot of the things that make it fun for the rest of the room. My tips and tip notes vanish unnoticed. My chat comments cycle off before they can be read by anyone, model or member. Cant really go private for obvious reasons (and I’d consider myself an asshole for even trying, during a public tipping spree). Tipping for tip menu items would often interrupt whatever the whale’s got going on. So I will often leave and come back another day when I can play more freely. I’d rather do that than sit in the room and give the impression that I’ve decided to mooch off the whale for a free exhibition.

BUT - and I am very careful about this - I always congratulate the model, even if I have to wait a day to do it. I am actually happy when the models I visit get big tippers. It’s just that if a tipping spree removes the majority of the things I enjoy about visiting her room, I may opt to come back at a slower time.

I totally get that. This is also why I'm making sure that I do broadcasts when I know my big tipper is not around. I don't want him to be the center of all my streams.

I can understand that too. Although it’s pretty generous of you to change your schedule that way. Hopefully it worked out.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Models on token sites, if you have a regular generous tipper, do you notice that once they join your room, others stop tipping?
If so, do you generally make more from that one bigger tipper than without them, or does their presence reduce what you'd otherwise earn from all the others combined?
I'm not thinking whale-like piles of tokens, but still generous tipping, say 4-5,000 tokens per show.

Damn, I miss having one of those consistent big tippers.....

No, I wouldn't say that their presence/tipping caused others to stop tipping. The other premiums would still tip their smaller amounts (and I'd continue thanking them too), but on the other hand...you also now have those premium members (with tokens visible) sitting back and not tipping, and just watching this one guy tip your entire room topic(s). :facepalm: Which, eventually, that #1 tipper will get annoyed by this (As he should be!). I always liked it when that top tipper would whisk me away to a private show, because he was horny and sick of all those other members not interacting/chipping in at all.

When a premium member (who doesn't tip, or hasn't tipped in years but does chat) says "Oh, good! (Insert #1 tipper's name here) is here!," that's annoying. It's pretty much saying "Thank goodness ______ is here, because I'm trying to see some tits and ass...but I sure as hell ain't gonna contribute for that....."

Tipping for tip menu items would often interrupt whatever the whale’s got going on.
That's so true. In the example that I have in mind, the guy generally never tips for menu items, and others (including the model) seem a little uncertain of how to handle this.
Often doing something from the tip menu will prompt others to join in on the fun, especially once clothing comes off. But a wall of tips in the 100's seems to freeze up the magic button, and folks just become spectators.

An example a couple of nights ago - model sitting typing fully clothed, big tipper throwing down tokens for maybe 20 minutes straight, and a grey wrote "are you gonna do something? you're boring!"
He got kicked about a millisecond later, but clearly the situation was not likely to generate any new tippers in the room, and it was starting to empty out.

Reactions: Mille_baby
That's so true. In the example that I have in mind, the guy generally never tips for menu items, and others (including the model) seem a little uncertain of how to handle this.
Often doing something from the tip menu will prompt others to join in on the fun, especially once clothing comes off. But a wall of tips in the 100's seems to freeze up the magic button, and folks just become spectators.

Right. And at the same time, if the guy is raining huge tips upon the model with barely 3 seconds between big tips, whatever she is doing, she probably might want to continue it. :) If I squeeze in a random tip for “sexy dance” she might do it just because the tip menu obligates her, but I’m kind of a jerk (or at the very least, I suck at reading a room) for interrupting the bonanza, IMO. Best to just come back another time or wait until the whale allows some breathing room for other tippers.

Honestly depends on how the regular interacts with the others in my room too. If the reg is friendly and chatty with the other members then it tends to flow like normal and build a frenzy. If the reg is at all demanding or completely silent then members tend to sit back and watch without tipping or leave until he's done if they come back at all that stream.

This is very true for me as a member, and I've seen both of these in action in a model's room I frequent.

On the one hand, you have the big tippers that, while they will tip generous amounts, are always actively chatting and will encourage the others in the room to participate. For example, if the model puts up a goal of 1000 for a sexy dance, the big tipper would say he's in for 500, and encourages others to tip toward that goal as well. We all know he's good for it and it helps to make other members feel like they're helping out and it isn't just about one member.

On the other side, you have those "tip but don't talk" members. The ones that will tip good amounts of tokens, but will only direct their comments toward the model, whether it be through private tip notes or living in their private messages. Members could be made to feel that they don't matter, especially if the model starts answering the member's PM's in public chat, which would make it feel like this is a public show for one individual.

Big tippers are welcomed and appreciated, but as @AudriTwo said, they shouldn't be the focal point of the room when they're there. Because if they are, and then they leave, then what?

Reactions: Mille_baby
It depends, really, but normally if there is a big tipper, the others in the room are going to try and compete for your attention. Of course, this doesn't happen all the time, and it depends on the amount of tokens as well. It is hard to compete with a 7k token tip, isn't it?

I would suggest a tipping menu tbh. If members do not compete with each other, give them a good reason (or why not, a couple of them) to tip you.

Big tippers are welcomed and appreciated, but as @AudriTwo said, they shouldn't be the focal point of the room when they're there. Because if they are, and then they leave, then what?
Agreed. In a model's room I visit often, ocasionally a big tipper comes in, throws big tips around, promises a lot of stuff (privates, customs, presents) and then they disappear for weeks or are never seen again. I always sit back and watch him do his thing (usually with 'rolls eyes'), cause I know he won't be around soon and things will be back to normal.
I'm happy for the model ofcourse, but don't really get this behaviour as it gives false hopes. Maybe some horny whale just randomly clicked on a room and forgot about it the next day, I dunno.
We (me and the other regulars) got used to it so we're not bothered and don't mind he gets all the attention from the model for that moment.

I am going to say this as a member who isn't rich and can't tip much too often.

I will use a big whale as an example, but it applies to lots of guys really who can tip big. On Stripchat there is this one model who has a proper Whale tipper, he literally gives her 50,000 - 100,000 tokens EVERY DAY (no exaggeration). Now, For me personally, and I am guessing lots of others are the same.. I never wait for him to start tipping (he is in her room every second she is there too), in fact, it's the opposite, it's very intimidating and I think "what's the point with my 100 or 200 tokens, they are but a splash in an ocean - they make no difference to this model". I know it's a bit of a shitty way to think, but unfortunately, one can't help but think this, and I am sure you can all understand and appreciate this. While I do understand "every token counts", I think there is a point when it really doesn't "count" (if that makes sense) and it's better/nicer to give to someone else who doesn't get all of that every day.

I am going to say this as a member who isn't rich and can't tip much too often.

I will use a big whale as an example, but it applies to lots of guys really who can tip big. On Stripchat there is this one model who has a proper Whale tipper, he literally gives her 50,000 - 100,000 tokens EVERY DAY (no exaggeration). Now, For me personally, and I am guessing lots of others are the same.. I never wait for him to start tipping (he is in her room every second she is there too), in fact, it's the opposite, it's very intimidating and I think "what's the point with my 100 or 200 tokens, they are but a splash in an ocean - they make no difference to this model". I know it's a bit of a shitty way to think, but unfortunately, one can't help but think this, and I am sure you can all understand and appreciate this. While I do understand "every token counts", I think there is a point when it really doesn't "count" (if that makes sense) and it's better/nicer to give to someone else who doesn't get all of that every day.
Obviously I can't (and wouldn't) speak for anyone else, but visitors come and go for no apparent reason. Whales typically move on after a while. Not sure if they just get bored, like the thrill of stunning a new room full of regulars, or spend their life savings during an identity crisis - but the reason doesn't matter. The fact they move on means that your tips really do count, as do those of all the regulars and blow-ins.

Reactions: Smoothie
Obviously I can't (and wouldn't) speak for anyone else, but visitors come and go for no apparent reason. Whales typically move on after a while. Not sure if they just get bored, like the thrill of stunning a new room full of regulars, or spend their life savings during an identity crisis - but the reason doesn't matter. The fact they move on means that your tips really do count, as do those of all the regulars and blow-ins.

I agree with you, but I also see where Brett is coming from. It can feel like you’re arbitrarily throwing your tokens into an abyss when they’re surrounded by so many other (and more massive) tips. In the moment, the model can’t really respond and you can’t even tip for a specific action/reaction without feeling like more of a disruption than participant. That can put a damper on things, for the member in that position.

If you look at it strictly from the POV of a customer paying to “play,” it’s almost like when a whale is present, you’re paying to watch, as opposed to paying to interact. Both situations are perfectly fine, but interaction is one of the appeals of visiting a live cam model. So when that aspect goes away temporarily, it’s not quite as fun.

Sadly it's an impossible task fulfilling everybody's needs and desires at the same time.
I guess its convenient that most girls have an option for scheduling private sessions.

he literally gives her 50,000 - 100,000 tokens EVERY DAY (no exaggeration). Now, For me personally, and I am guessing lots of others are the
A bit off-thread but you woke up the number-guy in me :)
How many days does she stream/month on average? Idk Stripchat prices, assuming they are not very different from CB's, at 75000tk average/day and assuming she's on 15 days/mo that means 90000$/month. That 's a lot even for a rich guy, on CB i've never seen more than 20-30000$ in a month. Not impossible but more likely i'll also consider some sort of self-tipping. Does Stripchat allows transferring tokens between verified accounts like CB does? If not, what's the best transfer rate (money cashed by the model reported to money used to buy tokens - the best price package and an account made with the model's link?)

How many days does she stream/month on average? Idk Stripchat prices, assuming they are not very different from CB's, at 75000tk average/day and assuming she's on 15 days/mo that means 90000$/month. That 's a lot even for a rich guy, on CB i've never seen more than 20-30000$ in a month. Not impossible but more likely i'll also consider some sort of self-tipping(him being on "every second she is" is another red flag). Does Stripchat allow transferring tokens between verified accounts like CB does? If not, what's the best transfer rate (money cashed by the model reported to money used to buy tokens - the best price package and an account made with the model's link? on CB it is 83.28%)

How many days does she stream/month on average? Idk Stripchat prices, assuming they are not very different from CB's, at 75000tk average/day and assuming she's on 15 days/mo that means 90000$/month. That 's a lot even for a rich guy, on CB i've never seen more than 20-30000$ in a month. Not impossible but more likely i'll also consider some sort of self-tipping. Does Stripchat allows transferring tokens between verified accounts like CB does? If not, what's the best transfer rate (money cashed by the model reported to money used to buy tokens - the best price package and an account made with the model's link?)

I can confirm it's a real guy because I speak with a few other models in the same studio, and one of them actually said how amazing it is, but when he is not there, she earns no tokens (and I mean literally less than 100 tokens for 8hr shift). He constantly talks and tips for the entire night. I don't think he comes across as being rude or arrogant or anything, and doesn't seem like some big tippers can be, where they try take control. But it's still intimidating and stuff (If you really want, you can PM me and I will tell you the room so you can decide yourself).

Maybe he does some days tip less than 50,000 tokens, but personally i have never, I have always seen at LEAST 50,000 from him every time i get curious and check (sue me, i do the same with ehotlovea, we all do it :p)

I have a copule of big tippers, and when its other tippers, I don't see problem with that. Maybe when they take you to pvt, but job its job and money its money and if that pvt it's more profitable than the other tippers, I keep the pvt guy.

It's a dream when all of them are together in the room, because I get goals more quickly.

Only once I have a problem with one, because he started to get jealous and possessive with me, and started to get rude with other tippers, at the end he tried to blackmailed me that Im using him for money and I ended kick him out of my room and baned for life .

I can confirm it's a real guy because I speak with a few other models in the same studio, and one of them actually said how amazing it is, but when he is not there, she earns no tokens (and I mean literally less than 100 tokens for 8hr shift). He constantly talks and tips for the entire night. I don't think he comes across as being rude or arrogant or anything, and doesn't seem like some big tippers can be, where they try take control. But it's still intimidating and stuff (If you really want, you can PM me and I will tell you the room so you can decide yourself).

Maybe he does some days tip less than 50,000 tokens, but personally i have never, I have always seen at LEAST 50,000 from him every time i get curious and check (sue me, i do the same with ehotlovea, we all do it :p)
I have no problem if I'm wrong, my main issue is the huge number i see if you add his tips in an entire month, but also I have no way to be sure either way, I just mentioned the possibility. Just think how many expensive escorts the guy can pay to visit him in person and what they'll be willing to do for those money :)

I never said he's not real. Self tipping is rarely done literally (by the model itself), that will be hard, especially when her hands are busy.
Usually she has someone else doing that: bf, husband, a studio "helper". But the tokens he tips, he gets those from her account, it's a "back and forth" movement.

If you say it's a studio model, that's another red flag... A studio "helper" will do exactly that - be chatty, nice and engaging with the members, trying to put the things in motion.

Just think how many expensive escorts the guy can pay to visit him in person and what they'll be willing to do for those money :)

Lol. I'd hope you wouldn't be one of those guys who blurts out to a big tipper in the chatroom "Dude, you know you could use that money to pay for many escorts who will do whatever you want, right?"

Lol. I'd hope you wouldn't be one of those guys who blurts out to a big tipper in the chatroom "Dude, you know you could use that money to pay for many escorts who will do whatever you want, right?"
No such talk in my gal's room, i was converted by a smart one, she even had written guides for members about three years ago, and she's always sharp when some newbie needs to be "educated" :) .

Last time one tried to do it, she shut him up with: "guys that count tokens in my chat have a small dick". She's no shy to kick even big tippers when they cross her.

My point was simply that considering 17 streams she did in the last month it means the guy spent close to 100000$, it's too much for me to not consider the possibility of self-tipping. Top models i know make less than 70000$/mo from all tippers added...

My point was simply that considering 17 streams she did in the last month it means the guy spent close to 100000$, it's too much for me to not consider the possibility of self-tipping.
But.... why ??
I can see how selftipping might help drive the momentum of a room and get some other users to start tipping, but how would these amounts anybody?

No such talk in my gal's room, i was converted by a smart one, she even had written guides for members about three years ago, and she's always sharp when some newbie needs to be "educated" :) .

Okay, well I'm glad to hear that you wouldn't make a tacky remark like that in a cam model's room while she's working. 👍

So what would be considered proper tipping etiquette for a member whose favorite model is still trying to grow her room?

I ask this because I cannot be online most nights for the entire duration of her broadcast(6-8 hours), so I'll sit patiently for 2-3 hours and just chat it up while tipping small amounts towards her current goal. But at some point I usually get my fill of the entitled pricks and beggars in her room, so lately I've just been tipping the full amount of the current goal and immediately taking her private afterwards. My take on this is that if someone isn't tipping after being in her room for more than an hour, they aren't going to tip anyways. So I don't see how I could be hurting her ability to earn in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.