AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does anyone know if a model can tell if a user changed his nickname?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021
Hello guys! I am asking this question because the other day I entered this favorite model chat room and once I logged in she recognized me right away with a "long time no see"! In fact, I was logged off for about 2 or 3 weeks since my last activity with her.
I noticed that on Profile settings there is a possibility to change your Nickname to a different one.
If I manage to change my nickname, would any model know if I am still the same user or might think I am a different user/member? I don't know if there is another way that a model can really identify a known/registered member despite of the nickname change?

Yes, we are aware. Member’s change their nickname all the time.

We don’t see your personal information at all or any exchange of activity between you and other models though. But we can absolutely tell if you changed your nickname.

Why is this important for you to know, if you don’t mind me asking?

edit:
Your previous post about the live stream preview makes me wonder if you are trying to view a model anonymously. Is this your goal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, we are aware. Member’s change their nickname all the time.

We don’t see your personal information at all or any exchange of activity between you and other models though. But we can absolutely tell if you changed your nickname.

Why is this important for you to know, if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks for your response!

And no, I don't mind at all! Just curious and more leaning towards to the model side! It's solely the possibility for a member to change his/her nickmame and then come back to any model's chat room and try to pretend someone else it seem not to play fair with the model!

Upvote 0
Yes, we can tell if it's you. Not sure why you are trying to be so sneaky.
Hi Goddess! No, I am not. I play fair with the models. I simply bumped into to this and saw that nickname changing might lead to confuse a model and not being a nice member of that it is case.

Upvote 0
Models are mind readers, it is LITERALLY a requirement of the job. We have to be tested on our ability before we are even allowed to stream. Looks like you saw this talent in action. Shhh! Don't tell the other guys.
Thanks for such a nice response! That's a great talent! And, no!...my lips are sealed!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response!

And no, I don't mind at all! Just curious and more leaning towards to the model side! It's solely the possibility for a member to change his/her nickmame and then come back to any model's chat room and try to pretend someone else it seem not to play fair with the model!
Thanks for your answer! But I agree, it is not fair to the model. I personally find when members try to change their nickname to pretend to be someone else in my chat, (despite me knowing it’s them) to be rude, disrespectful, and very suspect.

I have blocked members who have tried to pull this on me before. My train of thought is that behavior like that seems like they are engaging in fraudulent behavior and I won’t put my account at risk for that. So I’ll block and report when members engage in that type of behavior.

Upvote 0
Streamate gives models the ability to make notes about viewers. I use it to remind myself of what we've discussed, fetishes the customer has, etc. They're not visible to anyone but the model who made them. I've had someone make weird comments, then leave, change their nickname, and come back, pretending to be someone else, and it was super obvious because I'd made notes about his weird comments.

Your tipping/private show history with us is also visible to us when we click on your name, so that can also tip us off to who someone is.

Upvote 0
I study the support information on sites in order to know what is expected or maybe some advice as to what to write in fields, tags, etc. I know a lot about how technology works so I try to understand what they want since I can't see examples on other model's profiles. Lately I thought of an educational program for model's only that we need. I'm not talking about how to be a model in generic terms. I'm talking about what to fill out in descriptions, service details in each field such as ManyVids and Niteflirt. I think a once-a-week online conference with a group would be helpful maybe. The information provided on sites is so generic and poor. I'm afraid to look weird if I was to check out a model's room but I analyze things in a technical business way. At least the forums provide a platform to be connected enough to learn about frustrations, content ideas, etc. I have dealt with men in the adult space for decades but it's not easy when I only see text on a screen. My point is that we work alone from our room so checking out another model's room might also be a way to connect, gain confidence or ideas like camera angles, how their lighting looks, attitudes, etc. that help us connect with each other, instead of feeling like we are only alone in our room.

Upvote 0
Hello guys! I am asking this question because the other day I entered this favorite model chat room and once I logged in she recognized me right away with a "long time no see"! In fact, I was logged off for about 2 or 3 weeks since my last activity with her.
I noticed that on Profile settings there is a possibility to change your Nickname to a different one.
If I manage to change my nickname, would any model know if I am still the same user or might think I am a different user/member? I don't know if there is another way that a model can really identify a known/registered member despite of the nickname change?
It depends. If you have PM logs with the model they can check them and get a good idea of who you are based on previous conversation. Or if the model has added you as a friend you will be in their list and they will likely notice a new name and use a process of elimination.

Reactions: WalshLiam
Upvote 0
It depends. If you have PM logs with the model they can check them and get a good idea of who you are based on previous conversation. Or if the model has added you as a friend you will be in their list and they will likely notice a new name and use a process of elimination.
None of that applies to SM.

Upvote 0
None of that applies to SM.

Thank god you wrote this, I had a minor stroke there questioning if you can add friends on SM and I just have no idea how to use the site I've been working on this entire year, haha.

Upvote 0
Thank god you wrote this, I had a minor stroke there questioning if you can add friends on SM and I just have no idea how to use the site I've been working on this entire year, haha.
My apologies! I'm new and forgot to check the top for the specific site in question! 😅

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.