AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does being a web cam model make you feel better or worse about yourself?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelylaura

Deactivated Account
May 25, 2020
Just curious.... to all the models out there?

does this job make you feel better or worse about yourself.
since it is such a rollercoaster ride, with good and bad days.
and the only consistent thing about it is the inconsistency. Unless your lucky enough to rock it every time.

do any of you get sad and depressed when you have bad days?

Just curious.... to all the models out there?

does this job make you feel better or worse about yourself.
and the only consistent thing about it is the inconsistency. Unless your lucky enough to rock it every time.

do any of you get sad and depressed when you have bad days?
It’s definitely boosted my confidence, not just about my appearance, but my personality as well.

It’s definitely boosted my confidence, not just about my appearance, but my personality as well.
What site are you on? I’m on CB and as I have posted before it is an emotional roller coaster for me. I get annoyed with all the silent lurkers too often.

If you are having a hard time with one site, try others too!

If you have access to the Models Only section, I think you’ll get the most authentic answers there! A lot of us use our stage names to post on here, which makes it hard to be fully transparent in the public section 🙂
How would I know if I have access to the model only section. Thanks. I am a model.

and the only consistent thing about it is the inconsistency.
This is a double edged sword. It's hard not to take it personally on bad days since you are the product you're selling. Everyone has $0 working days. Everyone. Making the best of it by putting your eggs in many baskets (like clip or subscription sites) is what has significantly eased the bad days for me.

And you know how awesome it feels to have a surprisingly great day, when you only intended to log on for 20 minutes and end up staying 2 hours because time is flying by and you're riding the highest of highs camming can give you? Yeah. That's fucking awesome, and couldn't happen (to me) in a vanilla job. And for me, the inconsistency is what keeps me on my toes - it keeps the job fresh and exciting, and to know that my income cap is limitless is interesting to me.

Overall, it's had a positive effect on my self confidence and my sexuality, and I'm grateful to be a part of the industry.

I get annoyed with all the silent lurkers too often.
Do you do Skype shows? If so, sites like skyprivate and cammodeldirectory, as well as self-advertising on reddit, is what personally helped me. It's tough being the center of a silent audience. Take out the part of waiting in front of a camera and instead wait to get approached and you may feel better.

What site are you on? I’m on CB and as I have posted before it is an emotional roller coaster for me. I get annoyed with all the silent lurkers too often.
I’ll add that that’s one of the reasons I like Streamate so much. I know the most anyone will see for free are my boobs, and while I may have 100+ “potential members” watching me, I usually never have more than 10 actual members in my room at once. I definitely encourage you to try Streamate. I was on CB as a couple for a few months back in 2016, and we did pretty well at first, but then it went downhill. Plus, there were so many assholes in my room who enjoyed insulting my husband, and I wasn’t gonna take that shit for long. So then I tried CB on my own, and after a couple shifts of absolutely nothing, I moved onto Streamate. I remember reading about it before signing up, and how much more consistent it was as far as earnings, and I remember the moment I got approved, I felt this huge weight lifted off my shoulders, because I just knew it was gonna be better. The first few shifts were a little uncomfortable, because it is a totally different experience than camming on CB, but I found my groove quickly, and after nearly four years of camming only on SM, I can confidently say it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. i have never had a shift where I didn’t make money. I always make my goal, and I usually make it in a shorter amount of time than planned. As a more mature model(I’m 36 and use my birthday to indicate my age, unlike many models who stay the same age forever), SM is awesome because it seems to attract a lot of guys who are into the mature/MILF/cougar thing. It seems like everyone on CB is under 30. So I’m not so worried about aging out of the game. One of the most successful models on SM claims to be 45 or 46, though she actually looks even older. I usually work about 18-20 hours a week, and my weekly goal is $2300. I always make it. You don’t have to quit CB to at least try SM for a few weeks. You do need to be comfortable with one on one, which a lot of models aren’t. Many do mostly gold shows, so they don’t have to interact one on one, and they’re in total control of what goes on, but I hate doing them, and I actually really enjoy one on one, so I’ve only done about 5 gold shows ever. There’s something super confidence boosting about knowing guys are paying $10/min to talk to me, and be intimate with me. I also make a good amount of money from tips, even though it’s a private based site. I just love SM. I can’t say enough good things about it.

I’ll add that that’s one of the reasons I like Streamate so much. I know the most anyone will see for free are my boobs, and while I may have 100+ “potential members” watching me, I usually never have more than 10 actual members in my room at once. I definitely encourage you to try Streamate. I was on CB as a couple for a few months back in 2016, and we did pretty well at first, but then it went downhill. Plus, there were so many assholes in my room who enjoyed insulting my husband, and I wasn’t gonna take that shit for long. So then I tried CB on my own, and after a couple shifts of absolutely nothing, I moved onto Streamate. I remember reading about it before signing up, and how much more consistent it was as far as earnings, and I remember the moment I got approved, I felt this huge weight lifted off my shoulders, because I just knew it was gonna be better. The first few shifts were a little uncomfortable, because it is a totally different experience than camming on CB, but I found my groove quickly, and after nearly four years of camming only on SM, I can confidently say it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. i have never had a shift where I didn’t make money. I always make my goal, and I usually make it in a shorter amount of time than planned. As a more mature model(I’m 36 and use my birthday to indicate my age, unlike many models who stay the same age forever), SM is awesome because it seems to attract a lot of guys who are into the mature/MILF/cougar thing. It seems like everyone on CB is under 30. So I’m not so worried about aging out of the game. One of the most successful models on SM claims to be 45 or 46, though she actually looks even older. I usually work about 18-20 hours a week, and my weekly goal is $2300. I always make it. You don’t have to quit CB to at least try SM for a few weeks. You do need to be comfortable with one on one, which a lot of models aren’t. Many do mostly gold shows, so they don’t have to interact one on one, and they’re in total control of what goes on, but I hate doing them, and I actually really enjoy one on one, so I’ve only done about 5 gold shows ever. There’s something super confidence boosting about knowing guys are paying $10/min to talk to me, and be intimate with me. I also make a good amount of money from tips, even though it’s a private based site. I just love SM. I can’t say enough good things about it.
Awesome for you to have found such success on SM. I love one on one, so will have to consider it. I do get a lot of privates on CB and Private has always been my happy place, and a relief from the awkward silences I get in public chat.

Camming turned me into a woman. Not because I started too young, but because before camming I was too soft. I used to let people treat me like a doormat, would fall into a pattern of doing way too much for people who did not appreciate me, and set the bar too low for men I dated in terms of respect, manners, and general decency. Camming is a stern teacher and you either sink or develop boundaries. I did not sink. Camming taught me how to have self respect, how to think carefully about the way I want to be treated and what I tolerate in those around me, it taught me also to shine with my full light regardless of the opinions of unimportant people. I am a more developed woman with more depth and self respect because of camming. It also taught me how incredibly valuable my body, mind and soul are. Now I pick my friends and my relationships much more carefully which makes me more lonely, but also surprisingly, happier.

In terms of the success of a particular show, having bad days or bad periods... it sucks but it only affects my mood, whereas camming transformed my character.

A rollercoaster ride is definitely the way to describe it. The first couple of months I had a lot more low days than high. I would be constantly clock watching as time seemed to stand still and I’d want to log off after only being on cam for 30 min, when I had planned to be on for at least 4 hrs. At times, I felt super anxious and uncomfortable not knowing what to do with myself.

That being said, 99.9% of people have been absolutely wonderful and I’ve never felt so flattered with so many compliments on ALL parts of me, both physically and personality wise. It’s definitely given me a confidence boost.

Since I’ve kept trucking along, I now have a handful of regulars that I can count on to be there while I’m on and I’ve stopped watching the clock as much as they make it more fun and interactive. There have even been a few times where I suddenly realize I’ve been on a lot longer than I had planned to be and I usually need to wrap it up soon! That’s not to say there aren’t still worse days than others, though. That’s just the nature of the beast.

I don't know that I get sad or depressed during slow days. Demotivated is a better word. A lot of work and planning goes into a show and when no one shows up to tip, it feels crappy.

I came into camming as a shy and awkward kind of person and now I feel like a queen. It's given me more confidence in all areas of my life.

A rollercoaster ride is definitely the way to describe it. The first couple of months I had a lot more low days than high. I would be constantly clock watching as time seemed to stand still and I’d want to log off after only being on cam for 30 min, when I had planned to be on for at least 4 hrs. At times, I felt super anxious and uncomfortable not knowing what to do with myself.

That being said, 99.9% of people have been absolutely wonderful and I’ve never felt so flattered with so many compliments on ALL parts of me, both physically and personality wise. It’s definitely given me a confidence boost.

Since I’ve kept trucking along, I now have a handful of regulars that I can count on to be there while I’m on and I’ve stopped watching the clock as much as they make it more fun and interactive. There have even been a few times where I suddenly realize I’ve been on a lot longer than I had planned to be and I usually need to wrap it up soon! That’s not to say there aren’t still worse days than others, though. That’s just the nature of the beast.
May I ask what site your on? And how long you have been a cam gal?

I don't know that I get sad or depressed during slow days. Demotivated is a better word. A lot of work and planning goes into a show and when no one shows up to tip, it feels crappy.

I came into camming as a shy and awkward kind of person and now I feel like a queen. It's given me more confidence in all areas of my life.
I actually get sad on slow days. Lots of tears sometimes. It is the lack of interaction (chatting) that gets to me more than the lack of tips. To have traffic and no interaction really gets to me. I just don’t understand why users come in and not interact. There are so many rooms to choose from. I’d like to think they choose mine because they saw something they liked, but to just lurk and not interact has been my biggest source of sadness.

May I ask what site your on? And how long you have been a cam gal?
I’ve been camming on Chaturbate for about 3 months now. I still have days where it’s like pulling teeth trying to get people to interact and I do get thrown off my game at times when it happens, but I tough it out as much as I can, or I log off to give myself a mental reset. I also recognize that I’m not as dedicated to it as I could be and the subsequent consequences, but I’ve kind of made peace with it.

...because before camming I was too soft. I used to let people treat me like a doormat, would fall into a pattern of doing way too much for people who did not appreciate me

This literally sums me up in a short sentence. This is exactly me, unfortunately.

It's great to see (I don't mean that in a bad way) that even someone like yourself was like this and has overcome it because it seems like my life would always be like it because I am a nice guy.
But I, like you (not thanks to camming) have reached a point where i have stopped letting people treat me like dirt, and you know what, it's amazing. I feel real happiness finally in my life. It's such a nice thing. And now when people try to do what they always do to me and treat me like garbage I just walk away or hang up etc. And it's just brilliant to do. I always cared too much about not hurting everyone else's feelings but forgot about my own and myself. I always loved the quote "Be there for others but never leave yourself behind" and I believe in that quote 100% but never managed to do it myself. Now I am finally following it more.

Anyway, sorry a little off-topic since mine is not to do with camming.

Not sure who said that quote by the way, but I remember reading it a long time ago and it just stuck with me.
I think purely because it's nice to be there and help people but only to a point of where it isn't screwing your own life up - and especially if they are constantly taking you for advantage. And like I say, it's me to a T

Status
Not open for further replies.