AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does camming help / hurt or not affect your personal sex life?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say, overall, no affect. It's helpful in that it has opened me up to new things, and it is has been great for my self confidence. Negatives being that sometimes I am just too tired to have sex, after camming, when I had been planning on it prior. When I was single it totally helped to dispel the horniness, and keep me away from getting involved in casual sex. Not that I think that there is anything wrong with safe casual sex, it just wasn't something I wanted to be getting involved with, at that time of my life. I have a hard time with being single due to physical needs, even if I don't necessarily want to get into a long term emotionally committed relationship. LOVED that it solved that dilema for me, at that time!! In my 20s I drove quite a few cool men away (the type that were actually a good long term match for me), by having too strong of a sex drive, so it totally helps me in that regard.

Last edited:
One thing I am worried about, watching women, is those who use the DOMI a lot. I am not even going to pretend I can do what a DOMI can do to your clit lol.. so the huge and insane orgasms and squirts I see all women have from these, I get nervous. Luckily I guess my chances of finding a regular woman who knows of a DOMI will be small/slim, but never the less. I would not be one to be against using that or any other toys to help please my partner but I'd prefer/want to try not "HAVE" to

I am curious about what you women that use a DOMI and are one as I have described (in regards to having huge orgasms and/or squirts because of it) think and experience. Has it made you enjoy foreplay or your man (men/women) less?

I see so many women on the site "need" to use it even in a PVT and stuff, even if they are using a dildo, they switch to the lovense or DOMI and it's as if a lot of are somewhat addicted and lost without it, without the way it makes them cum/orgasm/squirt.

Personally it helps me get my kinkier side out of the way on cam so that I can be more chill and calm for my boyfriend who is into more soft and loving sex which I also love. I think camming allows me the opportunity to explore the things I want to try sexually and have fun too with some of the cool regulars I have in my room.

Same here!

One thing I am worried about, watching women, is those who use the DOMI a lot. I am not even going to pretend I can do what a DOMI can do to your clit lol.. so the huge and insane orgasms and squirts I see all women have from these, I get nervous. Luckily I guess my chances of finding a regular woman who knows of a DOMI will be small/slim, but never the less. I would not be one to be against using that or any other toys to help please my partner but I'd prefer/want to try not "HAVE" to

I am curious about what you women that use a DOMI and are one as I have described (in regards to having huge orgasms and/or squirts because of it) think and experience. Has it made you enjoy foreplay or your man (men/women) less?

I see so many women on the site "need" to use it even in a PVT and stuff, even if they are using a dildo, they switch to the lovense or DOMI and it's as if a lot of are somewhat addicted and lost without it, without the way it makes them cum/orgasm/squirt.
So basically like a Hitachi? Those toys do give strong orgasms, and are good for camming, but no toy comes anywhere near the excitement and pleasure of being with a person. At least not for me. They are kind of addicting in the camming sense, just because they are efficient, but getting head WAY, WAY surpasses those toys. As does sex for me. It's just a totally different ball park. Those Hitachi type toys are the best, and DEFINITELY addicting for solo play, but they are just convenient for that context only (at least to me). I have burned through about 5-6 of those, and I get desensitized to them, over time, and need stronger and stronger. But I never get desensitized to my BFs touch, in that way. It's just a totally different thing, but addicting is for sure a good word to describe them. In the end they are all just pieces of plastic you know, or rubber, or whatever, but cold, and inanimate.

Last edited:
I’m possibly an outlier in this because I only started sex work to work around my health problems regarding endometriosis, painful sex, and infertility.

Breakdown, if it wasn’t for sex work, I would have never been able to conceive or stay pregnant in the first place. In that regards, it has helped immensely. That said, I’ve been doing this for 9 years so we’ve had plenty of time for ups and downs because it definitely isn’t a linear good-bad.😅

Sometimes it helps and sometimes it hurts. As a work from home mom with a full time stay at home dad for a spouse, we are conveniently always near each other and often always naked. In that aspect, definitely helps, especially now that our little dude has been in public school for 3 years because we now have tons of privacy and set business hours.

However, since this is our career, when I stay up late filming or working, he stays up too out of solidarity/loneliness. Days like that definitely make sex less likely and sometimes takes it off the table completely for a few days. Some days I’m just too busy for sex. Some days he’s too tired from parenting for sex. Sometimes we both are. Sometimes my health problems make him say no despite me wanting to and work making me want to more.

That said, endometriosis severely negatively affects our ability to have sex far more than work does. Work allows us to plan sex around my schedule and physical limitations, so it probably helps our sex life far far more than it hurts it. Sex with me has generally always had to be scheduled anyways as my body does not cooperate or tolerate spontaneous sex. Being a full time fetish-femdom filmer allows me to take the extra steps needed for me to be able to experience mostly painless sex- which ultimately helps our sex life.
❤️ Take with a grain of salt- coming from someone who has been monoga-mostly for over 10 years and living with excruciating painful sex/masturbation for 16 years.

So basically like a Hitachi? Those toys do give strong orgasms, and are good for camming, but no toy comes anywhere near the excitement and pleasure of being with a person. At least not for me. They are kind of addicting in the camming sense, just because they are efficient, but getting head WAY, WAY surpasses those toys. As does sex for me. It's just a totally different ball park. Those Hitachi type toys are the best, and DEFINITELY addicting for solo play, but they are just convenient for that context only (at least to me). I have burned through about 5-6 of those, and I get desensitized to them, over time, and need stronger and stronger. But I never get desensitized to my BFs touch, in that way. It's just a totally different thing, but addicting is for sure a good word to describe them. In the end they are all just pieces of plastic you know, or rubber, or whatever, but cold, and inanimate.

Lovense just released the Domi2. I remember other models commenting on how powerful the Domi is compared to the Hitachi. Nice thing is that it's cordless.

I've had a few conversations with models I've known inquiring along the same lines as this thread, and most have responded similar to your. Nothing compares to the real thing. But, there are times where camming activities has temporarily impacted the personal side. Kind of like most any job, it can/will impact personal life in various degrees.

I’m possibly an outlier in this because I only started sex work to work around my health problems regarding endometriosis, painful sex, and infertility.

Breakdown, if it wasn’t for sex work, I would have never been able to conceive or stay pregnant in the first place. In that regards, it has helped immensely. That said, I’ve been doing this for 9 years so we’ve had plenty of time for ups and downs because it definitely isn’t a linear good-bad.😅

Sometimes it helps and sometimes it hurts. As a work from home mom with a full time stay at home dad for a spouse, we are conveniently always near each other and often always naked. In that aspect, definitely helps, especially now that our little dude has been in public school for 3 years because we now have tons of privacy and set business hours.

However, since this is our career, when I stay up late filming or working, he stays up too out of solidarity/loneliness. Days like that definitely make sex less likely and sometimes takes it off the table completely for a few days. Some days I’m just too busy for sex. Some days he’s too tired from parenting for sex. Sometimes we both are. Sometimes my health problems make him say no despite me wanting to and work making me want to more.

That said, endometriosis severely negatively affects our ability to have sex far more than work does. Work allows us to plan sex around my schedule and physical limitations, so it probably helps our sex life far far more than it hurts it. Sex with me has generally always had to be scheduled anyways as my body does not cooperate or tolerate spontaneous sex. Being a full time fetish-femdom filmer allows me to take the extra steps needed for me to be able to experience mostly painless sex- which ultimately helps our sex life.
❤ Take with a grain of salt- coming from someone who has been monoga-mostly for over 10 years and living with excruciating painful sex/masturbation for 16 years.

Reading your post brought back memories of issues encountered when I was married. She had health related problems appear after our child was born. Between work schedules, her health issues, etc., it got to the point where sex became almost non-existent in the relationship. I'm glad that you're able to work around the issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rose and MarieElise
no negativity in my marriage! he thinks it's hot that i'm starting to cam and make content. he's even down to make content with me. and doesn't even care about splitting the profit! i'm a lucky girl fortunately.

as for being able to separate the two in my mind... yeah i think i can. i know the difference between putting on a show for money, and doing something irl for the one i'm married to. i've looked through other girls' cams to get a feel of what they do and i've become so desensitized to pussy now 😂 and all i see is how well they put on a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.