AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does putting a DMCA logo in video actually help detour anyone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2019
I am speaking with a model who seems to be against DMCA and finds it "fake and pointless", her and a couple models that she works with have said that it doesnt do anything and so its not worth having it in their video.

But for me I hardly see any videos uploaded to these camgirlgalleries that have the DMCA logo in them, is this simply a matter of there is so few women that include it in their video feed because it takes away some value of the experience with the tippers? or is it actually discouraging people from recording those who have it included because they dont want to post videos where the content is actually marked with a DMCA logo?

I would really like anyone's thoughts on the matter.

I am speaking with a model who seems to be against DMCA and finds it "fake and pointless", her and a couple models that she works with have said that it doesnt do anything and so its not worth having it in their video.

But for me I hardly see any videos uploaded to these camgirlgalleries that have the DMCA logo in them, is this simply a matter of there is so few women that include it in their video feed because it takes away some value of the experience with the tippers? or is it actually discouraging people from recording those who have it included because they dont want to post videos where the content is actually marked with a DMCA logo?

I would really like anyone's thoughts on the matter.
There is no point to put "DMCA protected" logo. It is smarter for models to use their own name/logo.

Far to many broadcaster still put the DMCA logo (or other) in their profile/bio which appears in overlay viewing the site but when someone captures video feed it isn't included hence don't appear when uploaded somewhere else. Additionally the DMCA logo won't help much in keeping you content from being spread online, sites that comply with DMCA takedown will do so if you have DMCA logo or not, sites who don't comply really don't care if logo is there or not.

Better is to include watermark into video stream directly through OBS so it's "baked in" and can't be ignored when video is captured. A logo of your own design or just your username/social media link is more handy, at least if your content is uploaded somewhere online that doesn't comply with DMCA takedown requests it's some form of advertisement for you even if you can't remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.