AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does this scream SCAM to you too?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeMaria

Cam Model
Dec 1, 2018
MFC Username
CallMeMaria
Streamate Username
Blodieandbeast
Chaturbate Username
CallMeMaria
Am I being overly cautious or does this scream SCAM to you too?

---
Member:
I have an erotic fantasy connected with you. I'm ready to give you 1000 if you do what I ask
now I will find what I want to see and send it to you. ok bb?
Member:
tipped 20 tokens

Member:
now I will send an example, I cannot explain in words

Member:
tipped 50 tokens

Member: ( DOGDY LOOKING LINK HERE)

Member:

I want you to repeat for me as in this video. Look and answer me

Model:
i dont like opening links like this.
is there any other way you can explain?

Member:
This video was filmed by another model for me.
unfortunately the best way is to watch the video. There is nothing difficult in this.
I cannot explain in words

Model:
ok, I am sorry. I do not trust the link. I wont open it, sorry.

Member:
not one model refused to do what I ask

Model:
well, there is always a first. But this seems suspicious to me, and I do not know you from anywhere. So at this time, unless you can explain what you want me to do, I am not going to go opening links trying to figure it out.

---

Would you have handled it differently? My thoughts were that maybe he was trying to send some sort of malicious software installation link or virus?

Did i dodge a bullet or miss an earning opportunity?

chuck-norris-thumbs-up-dodgeball-gif.gif

Let's pretend for one second it wasn't a malicious link (it was tho, 100%). I would still refuse to watch a video another model shot for someone. I would assume it was for personal use only, not to be send around.

---
Member:
I have an erotic fantasy connected with you. I'm ready to give you 1000 if you do what I ask
Member:
tipped 20 tokens

Member:

Member:
tipped 50 tokens

Member:

Model:

Member:
unfortunately the best way is to watch the video. There is nothing difficult in this.

Model:

Member:

Model:
well, there is always a first. But this seems suspicious to me, and I do not know you from anywhere. So at this time, unless you can explain what you want me to do, I am not going to go opening links trying to figure it out.

---

Would you have handled it differently? My thoughts were that maybe he was trying to send some sort of malicious software installation link or virus?

Completely dodged a bullet. It's extremely likely he was trying to get you to click a phishing link, and besides anyone trying to make you do extra effort without paying for it first needs to be ignored imo. Tons of dudes will do this thing where they'll dangle tokens in front of you and try to get you to do something for it first. Never do this. Anyone on the level will tip you first and be upfront with what they want. Trying to make you tap dance for tokens they might not even have is a scumbag move even if they did actually deliver and it was all on the level. That's disrespectful as fuck and he's treating you like a plaything instead of a person.

I ban people who try to pull crap like this because I don't want to play their stupid power trip games. It's the same as begging for free shit.

---
Member:
Member:
tipped 20 tokens

Member:

Member:
tipped 50 tokens

Member:

Model:

Member:

Model:

Member:

Model:

---

I am sorry i dont open external links .

after that total ignore and he could chat until aftertomorrow lol and if he tipped i would have done whta my tip menus says accordingly to the amounth tiped

You got the right vibe and handeled it good !

Reactions: GraysonDrake
1- There's no such thing as 'overly cautious' when dealing with strangers, safety and personal data. You did well.
2- Good job for standing up to him and making your boundaries clear.
3- The website has its' own currency and payments should be made by it. Anyone who doesn't want to pay in such currency or demands to get something before they pay is 101% a scam in my book and should not be tolerated.
4- Even if it wasn't a scam, whoever tried to send the links disrespected the site rules and tried to make you do the same. They don't care if you lose your account, your job or your income. Never reward people who disregard the fact that they can put you into trouble.

Reactions: CallMeMaria

---
Member:
Member:
tipped 20 tokens

Member:

Member:
tipped 50 tokens

Member:

Model:

Member:

Model:

Member:

Model:

---

Trust your gut 🖤 I dont open any links on my streams either. I had a friend show me how to get someones IP through a random link and I wont click them. A good customer will work with you to make sure you're safe. If they don't, its a red flag.

It's really important to know why you did the right thing here. Like many have said, a lot of links are phishing sites, but also trackers! It is really important not to click on the links people send you. You never know what it could be. And I honestly think more new cam models should be aware of this.

im think he catch me
one time (2 weeks ago) someone was in my profile and send me pm with someone and he send me link with "video" what he wants and there wasnt any video but yeah im stupid and i opened this link
after that 12.11 someone was in my profile and stole all tokens without password and even authorization codes (i had this in my phone)
now i wait for chaturbate support..
i hope they will help me with that
ofc i make hard reset my phone and computer
i will never open links like that

im think he catch me
one time (2 weeks ago) someone was in my profile and send me pm with someone and he send me link with "video" what he wants and there wasnt any video but yeah im stupid and i opened this link
after that 12.11 someone was in my profile and stole all tokens without password and even authorization codes (i had this in my phone)
now i wait for chaturbate support..
i hope they will help me with that
ofc i make hard reset my phone and computer
i will never open links like that
You might have accidentally downloaded something within that link that allowed him to gain control of your phone- or read your keyboard typing 😢

Don't open links from anyone!!! Not even if the link clearly says "Amazon" or "YouTube" etc. Just don't do it!

You might have accidentally downloaded something within that link that allowed him to gain control of your phone- or read your keyboard typing 😢

Don't open links from anyone!!! Not even if the link clearly says "Amazon" or "YouTube" etc. Just don't do it!
yeahh i am even more stupid >.< i download link and there was winrar and i opened it
i make hard reset with everything and clean with antyvirus
i even know him account it is clams13 he is banned right now
now i just need to wait for chaturbate help
i didint know about this links problem untill i found this topic
i hope chaturbate will help me (i send to them today more information about after reading this post)

• Hugs
Reactions: Gaia_Mommy
yeahh i am even more stupid >.< i download link and there was winrar and i opened it
i make hard reset with everything and clean with antyvirus
i even know him account it is clams13 he is banned right now
now i just need to wait for chaturbate help
i didint know about this links problem untill i found this topic
i hope chaturbate will help me (i send to them today more information about after reading this post)
You're probably fine after cleaning your computer, but definitely change your password and any similar ones that you also use with the same username.
That's really shitty and I hate dudes that do this kind of shit. I hope he didn't take too much from you! Please be careful and do not trust these types of members!!! The more you do this the more you'll learn and be able to recognize who is bad for you and their kinds of tricks!!!
If you're ever unsure about something just say no, ignore them if they keep bothering you, and look it up for yourself. And remember that anyone actually worth your time will be very considerate, respectful, and not afraid to tip you!!!

Reactions: madeline
Even if the link was "legit" and led to a website with a video I would still recommend not watching something a random guy sent you. It could be something disturbing.
This is excellent advice. Especially if they seem to have perfect command of the english language but still can't 'explain in words' what they want you to do.

Reactions: CallMeMaria
i just i want to get finelly answer from chaturbate because i wait now almost 1 week for solved this problem :(
i know it was my fault but i make also hard reset my phone and i dont have access to my 2 step veryfication (codes) so at least i want to broadcast but they need to reset this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.