AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Downward spiral- Is there still hope?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Germany
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@carmen_monroe94
Hi guys !

Hope you can help me , because i‘m really hopeless right now. So i do camming as my main income since 2020 and it was good for the past years. But these days i struggle so much und it feels like a downward spiral. They don’t tip, they don’t talk (or they insult me, ask me 2468 questions without tipping)

My Stripscore is really down right now and the less tips are coming in, the worse it gets. I really try my best but it’s stressing me so much because at the moment i don’t even know how to pay my rent ( my grandma helped me last month, but unfortunately she can’t help me out anymore )

I'm really desperate and need a few tips on what I could improve. I'm getting more insecure every day and to be honest,I don't know how to behave properly anymore. I usually stay online as long as I can (usually 5-6 hours) but out of 5 days 4 I usually have about 500 tokens.

Is there any chance that it could get better ? It feels so pointless at the moment, because the more everything goes down( income per hour, Stripscore), the less traffic I get and the worse I feel. It's kind of embarrassing for me to post this because I feel like a failure, but it's sort of my last hope. I don’t want to quit:(

Everyone is telling me to just push trough, but it just gets worse.

Try to change something. Anything.

I think what brings us down the spiral is not being able to get out of the cycle. It's the same thing over and over.

So change something. Try a new site. Cut your hair, try a new persona, a new room decor... For me it was trying clips. It was a game changer not so much financially for now but in motivation.

Break this cycle, you can do this!

You Got This Mental Health GIF by YouTube

It's hard to push through, but it's necessary. You're not going to make any money offline without passive income streams. Might as well be online and try to keep it light and fun. Whales swim over all the oceans. I've had guys check me out nine or ten nights in a row and then finally tip the next time. People are afraid to spend money and we are fun money to them, even though we NEED this to make our lives work. When you least expect it, that good night will happen to you and it will put you in a better mood and you'll kill it again the next day. Remove any unnecessary expenses until you're more stable.

Hi guys !

Hope you can help me , because i‘m really hopeless right now. So i do camming as my main income since 2020 and it was good for the past years. But these days i struggle so much und it feels like a downward spiral. They don’t tip, they don’t talk (or they insult me, ask me 2468 questions without tipping)

My Stripscore is really down right now and the less tips are coming in, the worse it gets. I really try my best but it’s stressing me so much because at the moment i don’t even know how to pay my rent ( my grandma helped me last month, but unfortunately she can’t help me out anymore )

I'm really desperate and need a few tips on what I could improve. I'm getting more insecure every day and to be honest,I don't know how to behave properly anymore. I usually stay online as long as I can (usually 5-6 hours) but out of 5 days 4 I usually have about 500 tokens.

Is there any chance that it could get better ? It feels so pointless at the moment, because the more everything goes down( income per hour, Stripscore), the less traffic I get and the worse I feel. It's kind of embarrassing for me to post this because I feel like a failure, but it's sort of my last hope. I don’t want to quit:(

Everyone is telling me to just push trough, but it just gets worse.
You are awesome! I really appreciate you, and how hard you work. Take care. Things will get better.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Thank you both so much for replying❤️ honestly, i cried because it’s good to know that some people are so kind and help me or just listen.

I thought about buying new lights because one of my lights broke and i have only one left , but i can’t adjust it and it’s always too bright so i think it doesn’t look good. But unfortunately i have to wait with that if things get better.

The worst feeling was that i had 3 guys in my room yesterday with more then 2000 tokens on their account and i watched how they got down, but no one gave one single token to me. I tried to speak to them but nobody responded. I was scared to block them because i heard it’s not good for your Stripscore if you block too many people. So I sat there feeling even more humiliated.

I'm obviously not a model but I wanted to say sorry that you are going through this. I see it happening to the model I visit regularly as well. Times are difficult just now and it's slow. She has a few good, consistent members, but we can't do it all by ourselves. None of this is the result of anything you are doing (or not doing). It just seems to be that way across the board and posts here from models seem to bear out that theory.

I hope it gets better for you. A really worrying part of your post is the part where you said they insult you. I know the models can block these guys etc etc but I really think that other members need to start challenging that kind of behaviour wherever we see it. Zero tolerance.

Keep battling and keep smiling.

Reactions: Carmen_Monroe
Thank you both so much for replying❤️ honestly, i cried because it’s good to know that some people are so kind and help me or just listen.

I thought about buying new lights because one of my lights broke and i have only one left , but i can’t adjust it and it’s always too bright so i think it doesn’t look good. But unfortunately i have to wait with that if things get better.

The worst feeling was that i had 3 guys in my room yesterday with more then 2000 tokens on their account and i watched how they got down, but no one gave one single token to me. I tried to speak to them but nobody responded. I was scared to block them because i heard it’s not good for your Stripscore if you block too many people. So I sat there feeling even more humiliated.

Keep your chin up - times are tough now, but as always, we will all get through it. Better times are coming. If it helps you, listen to some uplifting music or affirmations. "Everything is always working out for me" by Abraham Hicks is my personal favorite.

Split camming could be a good idea? I have two laptops and work 4 sites simultaneously, occasionally it gets manic but usually easily manageable. Through these quiet times I also put my focus on making clips, that helps with motivation as I can be really doing something to help my situation ( making videos) instead of sitting(/dancing/teasing etc) around waiting for tips.

RE tippers tipping elsewhere.. If I see my audience is doing that - I shut off the site for 5 minutes and restart. Alternatively on Stripchat you can put it on "spy mode" for a bit, do something saucy in spy mode, those who will spend, will spend and the rest will move on to another free show somewhere else. Then when you come back to public mode your freeloading audience has usually moved on.

RE the light - been there too... Sometimes draping a scarf, tissue or a sheet of colored paper is enough to soften the light a bit. God knows I have had some very creative lighting solutions in the past. Also small ring lights are usually easy to find under a tenner, and they help in a pickle.

Stay Strong - you are beautiful, powerful and worthy!

I think this is pretty common and there's no reason to feel humiliated by that.

I often say "hey guys, come on, say hi, I'm nice"… in a playful manner, but they don't answer.... Or I say "come on now guys don't lurk" and nothing. They're just like that. Some are browsing around or playing a game and some are straight up rude. But it's not your room only.

Sometimes I'll talk to myself like I'll be reading an article and then I'll say what I think about it out loud like "wow that's so cool!" And it looks like I'm talking to someone. That way it doesn't look like my room is so quiet. I'll do random heart shape signs with my hands and wave hands and make a cute pose to literally no one. But that does seem to pick someone's interest every once in a while.

I let myself look bored for like 15min cause I'm human, then back. And I have a new rule that if it's been 2 hours and I haven't got a single tip I log off, make a clip and then try again later.

These things have been helping avoid burnout and allow me to change things up before they get too overwhelming.

I feel like we need a YAY GOOD FOR YOU response as the thumbup sometimes seems like a very light pat on the back. LOL Maybe it's just me.

I feel like we need a YAY GOOD FOR YOU response as the thumbup sometimes seems like a very light pat on the back. LOL Maybe it's just me.
People here used to take the post ratings/emojis way too seriously so we had to really dial them down :)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Hello! I am not a model personally so take that into consideration. However I have worked with many of them over the years. Sorry to hear you are having a bad time, and it may not be a great fix, but here are a few things I have noticed are helpful when times like this happen:

1) The show must go on! As cliche as it sounds, when you are in a bad mood, frustrated, etc. it is critical you find a way to mask that as much as possible. Not because your feelings aren't important, just because many times viewers are much less likely to engage with a model who seems to be unhappy. This is a big one because it sort of feeds itself. Monday sucked so you are unhappy when you go on Tuesday, but now it was bad too or worse, and so on. Meditation, music, whatever you can find to give you an oasis before going live can really be a big help.

2) @Lilly_____ hit it on the head! Make a change, even if it's a small one. Another frequent pitfall I have seen is when models blame the customers. "They're just broke/cheap/don't tip/etc. They don't appreciate us!" and so on. While that may well be the case, it is certainly not going to help you. It is heartbreaking to see some models I am close with become so upset at the customers because they aren't spending money on them and they show up stream after stream doing the same thing and becoming more and more resentful of the customers. Take that advice and switch something up and see what happens, who knows you could be even bigger than before!

3) Look into it. Hope on as a guest or viewer and check out streams. What is trending? What is happening at the moment. Many things in the adult industry run in trends and in some cases you have to jump on the bandwagon to stay on the road. Do a bit of research on the scene and see if there is anything that jumps out at you that you could bring to your own channel.

4) Consider joining up with a studio / agency. It is a big business and a deep sea. Many people do fine on their own, but for others it is better to work with a team. If you do this though, PLEASE do your research before signing up and do due diligence to make sure it is a good move for you. Not suggesting this route, only suggesting you consider it if you haven't before. Often times teams like this have insights into those trends as well as personal improvement to channels. I have personally seen many channels have their income go up by a factor of 10 just by repositioning the camera and improving the lighting for a good view. If you feel stuck, help may be the avenue for you. Again, be cautious though.

5) Review your stream. Either record or have someone else record it (Obey the platform rules of course) but many times there is a difference in what someone thinks is shown and what is being seen by viewers. Is it down scaled (blurry), laggy, jumpy? The local preview you see is rarely the equivalent to what viewers see. Maybe someone in your home started binge watching shows on the living room 4k tv hogging bandwidth. Your view would not change, but it would change drastically to the viewers.

6) Take care of yourself. If you look tired, sick, or something it can really hurt your stream. Getting rest, eating well, and taking care of yourself it not just a good idea for you, it has also been proven to be an improvement on the income as well. Make sure you are looking after yourself.

I am not passing any judgement or making any assumptions, hopefully that is clear. Just sharing what I have observed and I hope something in there is helpful. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.