AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

DSLR Camera as a webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it be done? Yes. Is it worth it? I would not buy a DSLR for camming however, if you do happen to have one...

Why do you personally choose to not? If you don't mind me asking, I'm kinda trying to figure out the pros and con's of doing it I suppose

Why do you personally choose to not? If you don't mind me asking, I'm kinda trying to figure out the pros and con's of doing it I suppose

This was discussed a few years ago in another thread - doing this uses a lot of CPU, which can slow everything down.

It looks stunning but there is not much of a difference in terms of quality, it has more to do with the lenses that you are using and the settings (the blurry background is possibly the biggest difference if you are using a 50mm lens)

Beautiful image isn't necessary for camming and it is quite a hassle even if you have a powerful processor to handle it. My main problem is comfort and risk.

The c-920 is tiny, I can move it around easily, pan, change the angle, etc with my hand. My 70d is heavy, requires a tripod, won't rest on top of my computer so it needs to go next to it creating a weird "voyeur" sort of angle and making it so I have to switch my gaze from the camera to the screen constantly if I want to keep up with chat, and I just can't move it around easily.

Plus I am clumsy and knocking over my $1300+ camera+lens combo is just not something I am willing to risk. Why go through all that hassle when the c-920 is more than adequate for the task?

Edit: also, if you are on a mac which is what I like to use for camming you would need to figure out a way to do it, possibly with a special video capturing device. I don't care for camming with my PC because there is no iGlasses for Windows that I know of and I dislike the alternatives.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kenzies_on_cam
Status
Not open for further replies.