AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Edward Snowden Discusses Dick Pics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
You can watch the whole video, but the pertinent section starts here:

https://youtu.be/XEVlyP4_11M?t=24m55s

Related article on Jezebel.

Excerpt:
Snowden expressed relief that so many Americans did seem to give a shit, though, telling Oliver: “I was initially terrified that this was going to be a three-day story. Everybody was going to forget about it. But when I saw that everybody in the world said, ‘Whoa, this is a problem, we have to do something about this,’ it felt like vindication.”

But Oliver cleverly used man on the street interviews to show that a lot of people only have the barest grasp of who Snowden is or what he released (“He sold some information to people,” was one answer. “He revealed a lot of documents through WikiLeaks,” was another. That’s Julian Assange.) So he had Snowden explain the NSA and Prism — the program the U.S. government uses to collect internet communications from several major providers, including Google, Yahoo and Facebook — by handing him a picture of his dick in a manila folder.

“This is the most visible line in the sand for people,” Oliver said. “Can they see my dick?” They went through each NSA program, establishing that in each, John Oliver’s internet-sent dick pic, as well as, in some countries, his phone conversations regarding his dick pic, are surveillable by the NSA.

“I guess I never thought about putting it in the context of your junk,” Snowden said, straight faced.

Saw this last night, laughed my ass off! :lol:

Reactions: MayaEden
Poker_Babe said:
Saw this last night, laughed my ass off! :lol:

That was great, I haven't watched John Oliver's show before, a worthy replacement for Jon Stewart.

I've done a really good job of keeping picture of my dick off the net. But now that I know that sending my junk is really striking a blow for liberty and the (former) American way of life....

Reactions: gonegirl4
I'm a big john oliver fan, especially because I think the question of how to get people to care about important but perhaps boring or hard to talk about subjects is a really relevant one at this point in history, and his attempts to solve this are both entertaining and pertinent. he's covered both infrastructure and capital punishment brilliantly on this show in the past and I always love to see how he tackles the issue of entertaining while keeping people interested. I think this interview is a perfect example of how well he does this, and the issue of privacy online is one that I think a lot of people here recognize the importance of. I myself have been met with blank faces and indifferent shrugs when I expressed my frustration at my own governments recent passing of horrendous data retention laws to those I know irl.. The fact that john Oliver found the solution to this to be reducing the argument to a question of 'can they see my dick?' is equal parts typical, funny, and kind of sad. I very much enjoyed the interview and I hope that it does get people more concerned about their privacy :)

Is this guy still a thing? Who cares about Snowden the new big brother is now social media.

I am more afraid of it (social media) than the NSA or any Gov. dept because social media is instant judge jury executioner all in a single Tweet or YouTube video with no one retracting when they are horribly wrong.

CallMeWilliam said:
Is this guy still a thing? Who cares about Snowden the new big brother is now social media.

I am more afraid of it (social media) than the NSA or any Gov. dept because social media is instant judge jury executioner all in a single Tweet or YouTube video with no one retracting when they are horribly wrong.

There is some truth to that but social media can't prosecute you, jail you, or keep you from flying. Plus social media has a very short attention span, they can make somebodies life hell for a few months..

HiGirlsRHot said:
CallMeWilliam said:

There is some truth to that but social media can't prosecute you, jail you, or keep you from flying. Plus social media has a very short attention span, they can make somebodies life hell for a few months..

Reactions: Eebre
HiGirlsRHot said:
CallMeWilliam said:

Public shaming has just as much power to ruin lives as any government agency. And on social media, public shaming is played like a kind of sport. It's fucked up, and it shouldn't be dismissed or taken lightly.

Here's an interesting read.

Reactions: weirdbr
HiGirlsRHot said:
CallMeWilliam said:

Suggest you tell that to the guy who said "I'd like to fork his repo" in a private conversation at a convention, was overheard, and then lost his job. Due to social media.

Or the lady who overheard it and tweeted about it and complained to the convention organisers. She lost her job too. Due to social media.

There's now a small industry that's specifically for people along these lines - as its on the internet and isn't forgotten...

Zoomer said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
CallMeWilliam said:

Suggest you tell that to the guy who said "I'd like to fork his repo" in a private conversation at a convention, was overheard, and then lost his job. Due to social media.

Or the lady who overheard it and tweeted about it and complained to the convention organisers. She lost her job too. Due to social media.

There's now a small industry that's specifically for people along these lines - as its on the internet and isn't forgotten...

I tend to think the 'social media' versus 'government agency' thing is a matter of perspective. Yes, twitter and such can be tough and you can lose your job.

:think:
On the other hand the Department of Defense has openly killed millions of people around the world. It has a budget in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Many secret DARPA projects that are not subjected to any oversight from even the President or congress. Click me. Basically they can do anything they want to anyone they want by slapping a 'national security' label on it. Call you a terrorist and you are never heard from again with no Miranda rights and no trial as you sit in some secure cell till you rot.

Then there's the FDA that has the power to approve prescription and OTC drugs that have also just happened to have killed hundreds of thousands of people annually. Click this for that.

The USDA, with the power to put embargoes on small farms across the country. Approve Monsanto seed control measures making it almost impossible to use other product. Even going so far as fining one family in Missouri four million dollars for selling bunny rabbits. Bunny tail

Department of Homeland Security. Don't even get me started on the secret lists, arrests, surveillance and Orwellian environment brought on by this agency.

Department of Education. This one agency has the power to affect entire future generations. They direct how and what almost every child is taught. And it isn't good. In fact they have deliberately taken steps to ensure the current generation is just not as well educated as prior ones.Read this, It's a FREE ebook that explains it.

CIA and NSA - Every digital thing you do and more. Nuff said. And if that's not enough, " Guantanamo Bay." Think those detainee's would give two shits about an embarrassing tweet going viral? :lol: (that answer is no for those educated under the current department of education system)

Department of Justice. Have some drugs on ya, go to prison for 25 to life. Be one of the bankers that committed immense fraud on the entire country that led to the financial collapse of 2008, eh we got better things to do. Almost 50% of the U.S. prison population is there on drug offenses. The number of people in significant political positions in prison for torture and other war crimes? You look, I couldn't find any.

IRS. I'm so freaking scared of this agency I'm not even going to say anything here so the NSA won't have anything to hand over to them. :shock:

The Environmental Protection Agency. This agency has gone on record saying 'no law empowers any judge to stop it from conducting illegal scientific experiments on seniors, children and the sick.' Yeah, think about that. Full story from Washington Times

Given the choice, I think I'd rather just delete my twitter account and face the ravages of social media. Losing my job sounds like a cake walk in comparison to even the most impotent government agency.

JerryBoBerry said:
Zoomer said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
CallMeWilliam said:

I tend to think the 'social media' versus 'government agency' thing is a matter of perspective. Yes, twitter and such can be tough and you can lose your job.

[Lots of good stuff on scary Govt. Agency deleted]

Given the choice, I think I'd rather just delete my twitter account and face the ravages of social media. Losing my job sounds like a cake walk in comparison to even the most impotent government agency.

Exactly Jerry. If you think social media is anywhere nearly as dangerous as government surveillance programs you just have not been paying attention. In addition to the official abuses that Jerry talks about the unofficial ones are just as scary.

The 50+ year old officials at the top of the spy agencies may genuinely believe that they have safeguards to prevent employees from abusing their power. But any of us who have been system administrator know that people who understand and often designed these safeguards know exactly how to avoid them, and frankly most of the guys at the top are clueless about what a sysadmin can do.

There are on going rumors of money laundry associated with all camsites. Money laundrying=terrorism in the eyes of the Homeland Security, so camsites almost certainly receive far more scrutiny than a typical business. So a NSA/FBI employee monitoring a camsite may not even raise eyebrows. But of course 20 something well paid computer savvy nerd, sounds like a prime Camsite customer to me. Now I suspect all of us have been curious about finding more info about a model, and have done a few google searches. Needless to say the vaunted security of a site like MFC :angry4: would last about 10 nanoseconds against technical NSA employee and all model's private information is easily accessed. Nor is a just models that need to fear their personal information being compromised. We've seen/heard about how obsessed and jealous some guys get with models, I'd hate to be the guy that won the date raffle, if my competition works for intelligence agency.

I'd also say the chances of the public hearing about abuses like this are pretty near 0.

I'm about as anti-conspiracy as anybody out there but this stuff is scary, unlike social media or massive data collection by Google et. al, because its hidden.

JerryBoBerry said:

:think:
On the other hand the Department of Defense has openly killed millions of people around the world. It has a budget in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Many secret DARPA projects that are not subjected to any oversight from even the President or congress. Click me. Basically they can do anything they want to anyone they want by slapping a 'national security' label on it. Call you a terrorist and you are never heard from again with no Miranda rights and no trial as you sit in some secure cell till you rot.

Then there's the FDA that has the power to approve prescription and OTC drugs that have also just happened to have killed hundreds of thousands of people annually. Click this for that.

The USDA, with the power to put embargoes on small farms across the country. Approve Monsanto seed control measures making it almost impossible to use other product. Even going so far as fining one family in Missouri four million dollars for selling bunny rabbits. Bunny tail

Department of Homeland Security. Don't even get me started on the secret lists, arrests, surveillance and Orwellian environment brought on by this agency.

Department of Education. This one agency has the power to affect entire future generations. They direct how and what almost every child is taught. And it isn't good. In fact they have deliberately taken steps to ensure the current generation is just not as well educated as prior ones.Read this, It's a FREE ebook that explains it.

CIA and NSA - Every digital thing you do and more. Nuff said. And if that's not enough, " Guantanamo Bay." Think those detainee's would give two shits about an embarrassing tweet going viral? :lol: (that answer is no for those educated under the current department of education system)

Department of Justice. Have some drugs on ya, go to prison for 25 to life. Be one of the bankers that committed immense fraud on the entire country that led to the financial collapse of 2008, eh we got better things to do. Almost 50% of the U.S. prison population is there on drug offenses. The number of people in significant political positions in prison for torture and other war crimes? You look, I couldn't find any.

IRS. I'm so freaking scared of this agency I'm not even going to say anything here so the NSA won't have anything to hand over to them. :shock:

The Environmental Protection Agency. This agency has gone on record saying 'no law empowers any judge to stop it from conducting illegal scientific experiments on seniors, children and the sick.' Yeah, think about that. Full story from Washington Times

A man after my own heart! It's such a breath of fresh air to see others who are educated and awake to these things.

PS, Charlotte Iserbyt is one of my heroes.

The thing is, it shouldn't be an either/or proposition. Both are parts of our reality. And as much as we want to let our imaginations run wild about evil governments out to destroy their own people, we can actually sit and watch and participate in the real-time destruction of people via social media practically anytime we want.

Reactions: weirdbr
zippypinhead said:
The thing is, it shouldn't be an either/or proposition. Both are parts of our reality. And as much as we want to let our imaginations run wild about evil governments out to destroy their own people, we can actually sit and watch and participate in the real-time destruction of people via social media practically anytime we want.
We can actually sit and watch and participate in the real-time destruction of people via our evil government anytime we want as well. The problem is that the majority would much rather sick their head in the sand and pretend that it doesn't exist.

Not to say that social medial doesn't have the power to do someone harm, because it does. Just saying is all...

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Status
Not open for further replies.