AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Elder Scrolls Online - Spring 2014

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
I'm kind of looking around for a new MMO to play, and have been looking at Elder Scrolls Online. The last time I looked at gameplay footage, I wasn't terribly impressed, but it's improved a fair bit. I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind first came out. It was pretty buggy, so I didn't go back after getting into online multi-player.

Anyway, here's some more recent gameplay. Has anyone else taken an interest? It's going to run on PC, X-Box One and PS4.

My bf and I took a trip to the GameStop Expo is Las Vegas a few weeks ago, and I got to play Elder Scroll Online on the PC for a little bit. I'm not a PC gamer ( I have an Xbox), so the controls were a little different for me and didn't feel comfortable. The graphics looked amazing, and game play was very fluid and smooth, minus the little bit of choppy-ness but I'm guessing that was due to the internet connection in the expo.

Overall, I feel like it's kinda bad. Or really bad.

The line of site combat is just not good. I'm not sure how that will play out when fighting against large groups, but I imagine it will basically be a nightmare. Because even in a 2v1 fight, it's infuriating. It works in a single player game, but an MMO is supposed to be a social game. Forming groups to fight bigger groups.

The dungeons are all very small (that I've seen). Mostly caves that have a couple of tunnels, or underground buildings that have two rooms.

Even though the game was originally intended for PC/MAC and then decided to go for consoles as well, it feels like the opposite. Like a game that was ported from consoles to PC. The controls are very button oriented. So instead of having lots of options for a keyboard mouse setup, there's just a few buttons that do everything. Which SOUNDS good, but the actual implementation of it is very clunky.

I have enjoyed exploration though. Running around and "discovering" areas feels actually rewarding. Not only do you get a bit of XP for exploring, the game also gives you skill xp while exploring. And there does seem to be a lot of quests in random places to reward you for your curiosity as well.

Also, using a bow seems to be a terrible decision in this game. While most classes have skills that give you bonuses for certain weapon types, I haven't seen ANY classes that seem to support archery. However they clearly want archery to be a viable primary weapon as they make it an available choice right off the bat.

I have a feeling this game is going to go the way of SW:TOR and be free to play in no time. I definitely can't see myself paying 15 a month for it.

Reactions: zippypinhead
I don't trust MMOs not to suck my remaining years away pointlessly :p

Plus I actually always liked the fact that Elder Scrolls is one of the few roleplaying games that actually FELT like you were in a massive MMO world (to an extent) without the bullshit and rat-race and equipment ladder of an actual MMO.

I hope it's grand and all, but I also hope they don't stop making engrossing single-player experiences. (Small-scale multiplayer like borderlands would also be great so you could adventure with friends etc).

Closest I'll come to MMO again is probably 32 player-per-side battlefield 4.

I've been playing the beta and personally I LOVE it!! I play a lot of mmo's and Skyrim is my favorite game ever...so ESO is just perfect to me. It surpasses any other mmo I've played. It's a perfect combo of a great mmo and The Elder Scroll series.

Crumb said:
although i've been burned out on mmo's for about a year now, i am considering this game.

Secret World was my last and I feel the same. A friend has been bugging me to give this one a go, so I might try it out. :)

Jupiter551 said:
Plus I actually always liked the fact that Elder Scrolls is one of the few roleplaying games that actually FELT like you were in a massive MMO world (to an extent) without the bullshit and rat-race and equipment ladder of an actual MMO.

That's the biggest reason why I love the Elder Scrolls games so much. A big, open world that I can explore, without all the grinding and forced socialization of an MMO. While I'm interested in following the progress of ESO, and hope it is a success in its own right, I can't help but picture this old image all the time:

Attachments

• mmorpgwind.jpg
    mmorpgwind.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Always_Tim
I'm definitely going to playing ESO. At least for the first month. I'm a MMO hopper and have tried tons of them. Was in line for WoW when it was released. Was in line for Guild Wars 2 when it was released. Opening day for SWTOR. I'll be pre-order for this one, as well.

Hyping myself up with lots of new vids out.

I love the idea that you can customize your character to an incredible extent. A bit worried about mages in heavy armor who have no idea what's going on, but that will all work itself out in the end.

Will probably be trying to get a big guild together at launch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.