AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Empty rooms :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2017
Im a new cam girl (Britneyscorner) on chaturbate and my first shows were great! I felt a little nervous but for the most part i was comfortable and everybody seemed helpful and generous. The traffic was amazing, about 500 people at once and I could feel everyones outgoing energy!

After about 4 shows, I stopped camming for about a week because the boy i was seeing at the time wasn't too pleased by me camming. I realize now that because I stopped being consistent, my viewer count dropped and now when I'm broadcasting, getting even 60 viewers is hard!! :( Also, Since I'm just starting, I think my poor audio and cam also have something to do with it (i film from the built in cam+mic on my macbook pro)

Any thoughts?? How can I expand my platform? Thank you:h:

Be consistent. Discuss your goals with your partner. Determine wether or not camming is something you really want to do or just think of as a cool idea. Letting your S.O. dictate your life is a big red flag IMO, and if you can't discuss it calmly with one another and find some sort of agreement then it sounds like camming consistently may be the least of your issues. But seriously.

Communication
Communication
Communication
COMMUNICATION!

You definitely need to invest in a solid webcam.

You don't need a huge audience in order to make a good chunk of change. You need to build up regulars which, like @SuzySirenXO said, requires consistency and patience. I've had nights with under 100 people where I've made several hundreds of dollars from a combo privates and public shows.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
THIS! i've been camming for a little over a month and the slow days are dark and painful, for sure. I've read through almost every "how to improve traffic" thread i could find on here and they all say the same thing: stay consistant, stay positive, use your social media. it will come as long as you keep at it! :)

Reactions: Spectmb
I suspect the reason is that after a couple of shows the "new" icon disappears from your thumbnail in a model list, thus less people are being notified about you being online, mostly because your thumbnail is displayed on, like, 10th page or something, and not all the members are patient enough to look through all the pages and browse all the models who are currently online. They probably stop searching on 3rd page or so.
When I am looking for a model, I rarely look through all the pages myself. Though sometimes it is definitely worth looking, there are rooms with smaller amount of visitors, which makes it easier to chat with a model.
And actually, when I was broadcasting for the first time, I had like 40 visitors watching me in the first couple of minutes. Now I hardly can attract 10.
What to do with it?
I guess hashtags can help. Appealing thumbnail can help as well. Try doing something unusual for a couple of minutes. Other than that - I am still thinking it over. Was actually considering moving from chaturbate to somewhere else and give it a try.

I'm about a month and a half in myself, and consistency has been SO important. Also, those regulars. It seriously only takes one great tipper to make your night, so if you have that one, who cares if your room count is 10 (I've had nights where it doesn't break 20, but I still make good money from one or two members).
Ditto on the solid webcam; along with good (pro-sumer or pro) lighting, it's an absolute must.
And on the topic of your partner: having been in several different areas of the sex industry, I can say that a partner who isn't supportive of you doing what you feel comfortable with to earn a living isn't a partner that's worth keeping around for long. Obviously you know your relationship way better than the rest of us, but it's worth considering as a bit of a red flag. Don't trash a relationship over a job, but don't kill a potentially lucrative career over a possibly unhealthy relationship either. I second everything that SuzySiren said.
Good luck, boo!

I'm
Im a new cam girl (Britneyscorner) on chaturbate and my first shows were great! I felt a little nervous but for the most part i was comfortable and everybody seemed helpful and generous. The traffic was amazing, about 500 people at once and I could feel everyones outgoing energy!

After about 4 shows, I stopped camming for about a week because the boy i was seeing at the time wasn't too pleased by me camming. I realize now that because I stopped being consistent, my viewer count dropped and now when I'm broadcasting, getting even 60 viewers is hard!! :( Also, Since I'm just starting, I think my poor audio and cam also have something to do with it (i film from the built in cam+mic on my macbook pro)

Any thoughts?? How can I expand my platform? Thank you:h:

I'm in the extract same boat as you write now... I started on the 1st page and now have been banished to the back pages after taking a month off right after I started.
I'm starting to think I should make username and start over, buthe I don't want to lose all my followers... it's tough:cry:

Sometimes life knocks you down for a bit, and the struggle to make it back up can be very challenging. The important part is to not give up, and always stand up again. Finding what works for you might be a challenge, and what draws the right people in might be an even bigger one. There might be something you can do which helps you stand out from the crowd as well.

If you can, I would invest in a c920 camera. Good camera with a great reputation, and you can find them for about $50-60. As a member, I can understand that it can take a bit to get going. But, a good camera with built-in mic is important as some members might decide that if it's too difficult to hear and understand you, they won't stick around.

On the relationship aspect, you nailed it by saying "boy". Someone who's confident in their relationship with you would support you in your decisions. But, as others have said, it also takes good communication to talk through things.

Wish all the best to @britneyscorner and all the others. :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Neongamegirl
Investing in a good webcam and lighting can do wonders. Also switching up the apps and bots you use can keep thing interesting. Always have a goal to work towards and try to great and start conversations with EVERYONE who joins your room!

Status
Not open for further replies.