AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Encoder overloaded OBS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, some days that we are streaming with OBS, it says that our "encoder may be overloaded," however our CPU usage is 3%.

We shoot in 1080p, our bitrate is set to 6500kbps, keyframe interval 2s, and we are using ethernet cable with 10mbps upload speed (which shows to be pretty constant, with frames dropped below 0.5%).

We dont know if its sometimes something to do with the CB platform itself that has some glitches every now and then or something to do with our settings on OBS.

Anyone else with this issue?

Would really appreciate any help on this as we are still learning.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 08.26.31.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 08.26.31.png
    133 KB · Views: 23
Had the same thing last Sunday for about 4 hours. I target 6000kbps @1080p/30fps. One of my users periodically told me it was fine his end when I asked so it was likely a CB issue. A couple of days ago it was completely fine. I always start streaming with the same OBS settings.

Upvote 0
I have this issue a lot , where my bitrate is dropping from 6000kb to 1000kb and so on. Also my FPS is sometimes not constant and it drops from 30 fps to 2 fps. There are even times where it stuck on low bitrate and fps .
I could mostly fixed the issue by starting the stream new and closing and opening OBS again.

Upvote 0
We had a similar issue like this before but it was because the laptop wasn't powerful. We now have 16GB ram and i9 processor so the laptop has the power to not get overlaoded when streaming in 1080p.

Also have just changed OBS server will update if this helps with the stream, thank you

Upvote 0
change obs servers

Tried setting it to the Australia server instead of Global earlier today and CB was still throwing up errors. Sometimes it was displaying 10-15fps (instead of 30fps) and the bitrate was swinging between 1000 and 11,000 kbps (instead of around 6000). The few people I had in my room didn't complain... Been crazy all week. False errors or CB servers overloaded, I don't know.

Upvote 0
Tried setting it to the Australia server instead of Global earlier today and CB was still throwing up errors. Sometimes it was displaying 10-15fps (instead of 30fps) and the bitrate was swinging between 1000 and 11,000 kbps (instead of around 6000). The few people I had in my room didn't complain... Been crazy all week. False errors or CB servers overloaded, I don't know.
Are you in australia? My theory is that when you pick the main server its going to pick a nearby point anyway so I usually don't try a nearby server anymore. I cycle between main, backup, amsterdam, arizona.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.