AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Entrance/Leaving notices (CB-centric)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2018
Australia
I know on CB that a model can turn an option on which allows them to have a "Notify on Entry/Leave" based on criteria they set in their profile as follows:

1591936058756.png

I am unsure if other sites (I only use CB currently) have a similar option, so I can't comment if they do/don't.

As a model, do you have this turned on so you can see people entering/leaving? If you see lots of people entering, saying nothing and then leaving without saying anything, does this affect you? Does it discourage or frustrate you seeing people entering/leaving and not saying anything? I imagine in a larger room when there is alot happening, it could get very spammy in chat for you. But what about a smaller more intimate room? Do you like having this turned on? Or do you have it turned off and rely more on people saying hello into chat directly before you acknowledge them?

As a member, do you get creeped out/anxious when you enter a room (and the models remembers you for whatever reason) and she says hello to you before you say anything?

Sometimes when I enter a room (assuming I'm not a member of her fanclub etc) and she says hello to me before I have said anything, I find it a bit much and I can't stay. But then it made me wonder if by leaving so abruptly if I might be somehow insulting/annoying the model at the same time? Since I essentially ignored her welcoming me into her room and then ignored her by making a quick exit left.

I'm curious to see what others think about it.

As a member, do you get creeped out/anxious when you enter a room (and the models remembers you for whatever reason) and she says hello to you before you say anything?

It doesn’t creep me out, no. There’s nothing preventing me from saying hello back, and politely saying I can’t stay. I obligate myself to be polite when people say hello, but I’m not obligated to stay there.

Reactions: jekster
I think it's great when a model says hello when I come in. And I just love it when it's also followed by my name. It feels very welcoming.

Reactions: Smoothie
I think it's great when a model says hello when I come in. And I just love it when it's also followed by my name. It feels very welcoming.

Agreed. On a few occasions, I’ve had models ask me my name during conversation (I’ll tell them my first name if they ask). Then I’ll visit again, in some cases several weeks later, and not only do they greet me but they remember my name. I love that. It’s an impressive level of attention.

I am not one to get "creeped out" with a model mentioning my name but as someone who does perv/tip multiple women and has problems caused in the past by jealousy of models etc, I like anonymity, so it's more of a case of not wanting them to say hi to me and then include my name, be this verbally or written. As well, if i visit and then for whatever reason I don't want to stay, interact and tip and I leave, if they have said hi to me, I feel like a c*nt for not saying anything back. Maybe that's just because I was raised with good manners but I truly feel like a really terrible person if I do that. But obviously, if I know that I don't want to stay/tip etc, then I am not wanting to say hello back and then get into pleasantries because it's potentially misleading the model and wasting her time (and mine).. so it can become a bit of an awkward situation.

I understand on CB it suggests for models to greet members, and I do understand why but I think many are possibly like me. I understand a lot of guys have god complexes and want to be center of attention but personally, I don't, even if I haven't had silly issues in the past, or if it's a model I frequent and "know well". Honestly, this is why I am loving StripChat right now,

Reactions: CheeseMoon
I am a model on cb and have a small room. I see every user that enters and leaves my room. I get frustrated and discouraged when users stay long periods of time and never say hi. It is also annoying to see the same user enter and leave multiple times. I do realize sometimes it could be a bad connection.

Sometimes when I enter a room (assuming I'm not a member of her fanclub etc) and she says hello to me before I have said anything, I find it a bit much and I can't stay. But then it made me wonder if by leaving so abruptly if I might be somehow insulting/annoying the model at the same time? Since I essentially ignored her welcoming me into her room and then ignored her by making a quick exit left.

I'm curious to see what others think about it.

It doesn't bother me at all if a model says "Hello" to me before I do. When I enter a room, it's usually a hello tip I send to her so sometimes she beats me to it. That being said, I'm usually in rooms I've been a regular in for a while. If I do venture into a new room, I enable PM's for that model so she can send a PM to me if she wants as some send hello pm's instead of announcing it. Also, I've had some send me a PM after I tip them and I think it's rude to block PM if I'm in a specific model's room. If I don't stay in her room, and have no intention of coming back I'll remove her ability to send me PM's.

I'm a very social person, and I enjoy a lively room where there's a lot of interaction between members. Though, there are a few models I interact with via PM more than chat room. But, it's rare for that to happen since I like to keep the model's attention on the room and not just me. If I want exclusive attention, that's what TruePrivates are for.

Agreed. On a few occasions, I’ve had models ask me my name during conversation (I’ll tell them my first name if they ask). Then I’ll visit again, in some cases several weeks later, and not only do they greet me but they remember my name. I love that. It’s an impressive level of attention.

Some models keep notes on members. Especially tipping members. :)

Honestly, this is why I am loving StripChat right now,
Being called out in the public chat is often more annoying than not, but many SC models now have some kind of greeting bot whose greetings only you can see.
I always read models' profiles, so it can be a bit akward to get friend requests and PMs while hanging around in the room to read them, because I am often not sure what to do. I'm not brought up to ignore people who say "hello" ...

But overall, StripChat is much less of a mess than CB.

Reactions: NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.