AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Eric

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle_dujour

Cam Model
Jun 10, 2022
Antarctica
Twitter Username
@b_elle_dujour
MFC Username
Belle_dujour
Chaturbate Username
tatteredslattern
hi everyone, has anyone had interactions with Eric/apreviouslife on MFC? He tried to help me out but I feel he ended up making me feel like I am going to fail as a model on MFC. Maybe I am the exception to the rule since his profile has a million comments about how great he is. including one of mine before tonight. he says he is a mentor and it just got a bit weird with emailing me and then talking like trauma to me. then he just got really mean saying i will fail because i stream on more than mfc and if i chat with people that members cant see in the room it will make my room dead. basically said he saw how empty my room was the other night and how did streaming on two platforms work out for me? i guess i just need some encouraging words cause that legit made me cry. i know get tough skin and all that, but jesus christ. it was actually my birthday yesterday and he still said that to me. like is this a normal mentor thing? just being cruel.

Don't let some random viewer tell you how to do your job. ""mentors"" are 99% a waste of your time, they enjoy the powertrip and roleplaying as some camgirl manager, and who's to say he isn't going to suddenly demand something for all this free time and ""advice"" he's given you?

Let's say that it was good advice (I don't think so) - it is still your room, and maybe talking to people that aren't in your room is what helps you actually stay talkative and energetic enough for cam generally. He doesn't understand that because he is a viewer.

I'm glad you found this forum because we are in this industry, and we will help you.

>i know get tough skin and that but jesus christ
Yeah, this isn't normal or healthy to feel about any member. Drop him. Please.

Upvote 0
Streaming on more than one platform won't make you unsuccessful as a model. I know and have known a lot of very successful models that stream on multiple sites. The thing to remember about "mentor" members is...they are members in 99% of cases they have never been a model so have no idea what they are talking about further than their own preferences.
If you feel like you need advice then here is a much better place to get that than random "mentor" members on mfc since you can actually ask models.

As for multi streaming, lovense has an option in their video overlay that allows you to collect all the messages from different sites so members can talk and engage in the conversation regardless of what site they are on. If you use shine browser then it will pull all of your chat into a single window so from your end it feels like working 1 site (less having to bounce around windows checking each chat).

Also: Happy Birthday for yesterday :)

Upvote 0
I think Apreviouslife sees himself as a bit of a legend in his own lunch break. What I often refer to as a clout junkie. He is only out to help himself at the end of the day. Members who approach you under the guise of being a "mentor" can only advise you from a member's perspective, they know virtually nothing about broadcasting as a model. As to the glut of glowing testimonials on his profile... I would treat that with caution as I am led to believe that he regularly sanitises all the critical messages that are left there and he also blocks his profile visibility from other members to avoid member criticism too. (I wonder why?):think:

Realistically, no model needs a mentor who is a site member... in the same way that a fish has no need for a bicycle. Chatting with other models, who after all will have already trodden that path before you, will be the best way to source quality advice, guidance and assistance.

As you have been a forum member here for a while, maybe also consider applying to join the model's only section here on ACF as you will get the best advice there.

Good luck, 🎂belated happy birthday🎂 and happy camming. :happy:

N.B. If he was abusive to you in PM on MFC, then you could file a complaint with the site... MFC are very good with supporting the broadcasters against abusive members.

Upvote 0
Also
he says he is a mentor and it just got a bit weird with emailing me and then talking like trauma to me. then he just got really mean saying i will fail because i stream on more than mfc and if i chat with people that members cant see in the room it will make my room dead. basically said he saw how empty my room was the other night and how did streaming on two platforms work out for me?

Where on earth do these people get the time to spend all day watching your cams to verify that it was so empty? Don't they have jobs themselves?
No, they probably don't, and the only meaning they find in their life is to powertrip on camgirls to the point of making them cry. Whatever he's tipping you (if he even is) isn't worth it. WickedTouch puts it best, you don't need a member as a mentor - the people in the industry are the ones to get guidance from.

The feedback from the audience you want to have is important to consider, but even then, your room, your rules, your time, your life, nobody has the right to control you.

Upvote 0
I've never heard of this guy, not that I likely would, but he is certainly not a "mentor", just another freak and creep. For real, you don't need to put anything above your own judgment and any advice you may wish to ask for can be from other models who know what they're talking about and don't have an agenda.

birthday Happy Birthday Cat.jpg

Upvote 0
A viewer is simply comparing what they see in your room to what they have seen elsewhere. They have little or no knowledge of the process on your side.
What works in one room may or may not work in another. Models have different personalities as do their viewers, one size doesn't fit all and that's all he's offering you.
Certainly pay attention to constructive suggestions from your viewers but treat them as just that, suggestions. Eventually you will develop your own style that's right for you and while advice can help when it comes down to it it's a journey you will need to do on your own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, to be frank, most of the advice I've gotten from members has either been way oversimplified and completely off, or just completely off. Never accept anyone as a mentor who offers from the viewer side of cam sites. Like others have highlighted no viewer has that much time available to be viewing and learning from that side of a camsite, and those that do, tend to have no money and little experience. There are a few known ones on MFC. The other annoying dipshitted one I had experience with is named; dabraves.

People think they can just blindly apply principles from other service industries to sex work, and they can't. It's beyond over simplistic and naive. Never listen to them.
What seems like it would work to their mentality, and what seems like it would be logical, often isn't in this field. So they need to zip it.

Also be real wary of models offering these paid tutorials and courses. A lot of them are total shite. Not all, but a lot. Just gimmicks to get more money from the naive, newer models. Models only, here is good though. So I'm glad you're in.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.